When Plants Dream

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 8 Oct 2019

ARC via NetGalley (thought I had already done this one. Read in on July/August)

Yes, I know the book has already been published but today is the day I review the books on my NetGalley shelf. First up is this one, When Plants Dream.

It’s a good introduction to the previous writings on ayahuasca usage, some aspects of indigenous Amazonian tribes, and how Western culture is using it. If you’ve already read One River by Wade Davis or Tales of a Shaman’s Apprentice, this is more an overview of different writings, current research, and personal transformations.

I thought the topic was interesting but the book was a bit dense for my taste. It felt slow moving and was a challenge to get through.
I was disappointed in this book... It was mostly just quotations from others' and lacked the original content I was hoping for.
An interesting, well researched and well written book. I learned a lot about Ayahuasca
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
I found this book to be interesting. It explains what ayahuasca is and its history. It also explains its use in the western world and where it could be going. This is a very thorough book on ayahuasca.

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy free of charge. This is my honest and unbiased opinion of it.