Cover Image: Clear My Name

Clear My Name

Unfortunately, I have not been able to read and review this book.

After losing and replacing my broken Kindle and getting a new phone I was unable to download the title again for review as it was no longer available on Netgalley.

I’m really sorry about this and hope that it won’t affect you allowing me to read and review your titles in the future.

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.
Natalie.
A real rollercoaster ride. I could barely contain my excitement and I clung on to the very end. Compelling, and very well written.
Another great read from Paula Daly. Really liked Tess's character and her interaction with Avril. Carrie was an intriguing character and there were times when I couldn't make up my mind whether she actually was guilty.
Paula can do no wrong in my eyes, I’ve read a few of her books previously and they just keep getting better!!! I do believe this is the best one yet, what a brilliantly fast paced novel with great characters and storyline, I couldn’t put it down and was disappointed when it was all over! Next one please!!!! I’d defo recommend reading all of her previous ones as they really are something special!
Clear My Name is one of those oh so readable and oh so page-turning reads. What starts off as a simple story of Tess, a lawyer for a charity that fights wrongful convictions, working on a case quickly gains new interests and subplots that all eventually tie together. Paula Daly is wonderful at teasing the main plot of the case and I liked how the case was seen through Tess’ eyes rather than from an external omniscient point of view. Sometimes I was convinced I knew what had happened only to be completely unsure a few pages later. There are some twists that I did not see coming! (but shhh spoilers!)

Daly’s exploration of personal relationships lends a quality to the book that a lot of crime and thrillers are missing. Marriage, relationships, families all feature in various ways. The characters had both their flaws and their redeeming qualities with none of them being caricatural. The suspense in the novel felt natural rather than contrived and I read most of the book in one day I was enjoying reading it so much!

Overall, Clear My Name is one of the better crime/thrillers I've read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend picking it up!
With thanks to Netgalley, the publishers and my local library for the arc/ book, which was an incredible read.
I have read other books by the author Paula Daly and have enjoyed reading about the work of Innocence UK. In the other books. I thought the storyline in this book was of such a high standard with all the twists and turns you normally expect from this author. I particularly liked the storyline of Tess  and of her past and hopefully her future. Clear my name has to be one of the best reads this year.
Highly recommended.
I would rate this book 3.75 out of 5 stars.

This was a really enjoyable thriller.

I love a premise surrounding a main character who has been convicted of a crime and another character trying to free them when they begin to question their innocence. This type of premises almost always works for me and this book was no exception.

I really enjoyed Tess and Avril as characters and all their interactions.

While I didn't see the ending coming, which is unusual for me with a thriller, I thought the ending was headed somewhere else and I really wanted that to be the ending so was a little disappointed.

Overall a really fun thriller that I recommend checking out.
What a great book, full of twists and some great characters. Love Paula Daly’s style of writing, always a pleasure to read.

Carrie is in prison after being found guilty of the brutal murder of her husband’s girlfriend. Her daughter Mia has always believed in her mother’s innocence but three years into her fifteen year sentence she is still locked away.

Tess, who works for Innocence UK picks up the case and it is her job to re-look at the case and find any evidence that may have been missed, whether this proves Carrie innocent or guilty.

There is one problem, the case means that Tess has to return to her home town where she has tried to bury some log his secrets.  In looking into the case will Tess have to face her past as well ?

This is a really good book and I really loved getting to know Tess. I hope that we may get to see Tess again in the future. This is a real addictive book that has a great twist that I didn’t see coming despite my many theories !!

Thank you to Random House UK and NetGalley for a digital copy of this book.
Thankyou to NetGalley,  Random House UK,  Transworld Publishers and the author,  Paula Daly, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Clear My Name in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought this book provided a very compelling read.  Well defined characters and an intriguing storyline makes this book a real page turner.
Worth a read.
I huge Thank You to The author, The publisher and Netgalley for providing the e-arc in exchange for a unbiased review of these works

Paula Daly has done it again! what a fantastic read

Tess works for Innocence UK, here she starts working on the case of Carrie, who was convicted of killing her husbands girlfriend. flitting from the present to the past when the crime was committed we slowly uncover the real truth
Three years into her fifteen year sentence for killing her husband's lover Carrie gets a break, Innocence UK will take her case to appeal.  Leading the appeal is Tess, returning to her hometown and all the bad memories she left behind plus juggling her married lover and her job.  When Tess gets a break in the case Carrie's chances improve but is it as clear cut as it seems?
I'm sure this book will be snapped up for a tv series because it reads that way.  The female-led characters are strong and varied, each with their own demons and the narrative flits between past and present telling a tale.  However it never really convinced me that there was a clear plot, it almost seemed as though the twist at the end was tacked on for good measure and it didn't sit true.
Very enjoyable psychological thriller. Characters were well drawn and although I had guessed who had  murdered Ella fairly early on there were still enough emotional depth and twists to keep the pages turning. I found it needed tighter editing - there was quite a bit of repetition - but overall this was a solid genre read and I'll definitely be reading more of Paula Daly....she hasn't let me down yet!
I’m such a fan of Paula Daly and have loved all her books to date and this new one is no exception! The novel follows Tess who works for Innocence UK as she looks into the possible wrongful conviction of Carrie – a woman convicted of killing her husband’s mistress. Carrie says she didn’t do it and Tess is determined to find the truth. This book really tense at times and is a definite page turner! I went back and forth over whether I thought Carrie was innocent, and I was suspicious of other people who perhaps had a motive for murder but I was never sure. This is a thought-provoking novel and one that you’ll be thinking about long after you’ve turned the last page! Clear My Name is a novel that kept me on my toes and I very much enjoyed it!
That was a different take on a crime novel, Tess Gilroy is devoted to trying to prove convicted criminals are in fact innocent and should be released.

We follow Tess and her new trainee at Innoncence UK, Avril, as we try to determine whether Carrie really did murder her husband's lover.

Throughout I couldn't quite make up my mind which side I was leaning on, i just had a sneaking feeling that it may be more complicated than it appeared, but couldn't work out why.   I was hooked as we are taken on a journey seeing just happened four years ago, when Carrie was arrested, as well as following Tess's story now.

What added an extra dimension to this is just how Tess's incredibly deeply hidden personal life interconnects with this case in a way you couldn't have guessed.  I think I would have liked to see a bit more from that story line as I was really interested in it.

I really enjoyed seeing how this story played out, there were some mini gasps from me, as the action progressed and it is another great book from a author I really enjoy reading.

From around the half way point, the book was incredibly addictive and I just had to know what would happen next.

Thank you to Transworld and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
I like Paula Daly and find her writing riveting and interesting. But I have to be honest, this book was a bit of a let down for me. The story was interesting and it had a good premise. I was hooked right at the start... but by the middle I was bored and the ending really let me down.
I'm not totally sure how much I'll remember about this book.
This is probably my least favourite of Paula Daly's books. The premise was interesting and the story grabbed my attention at the beginning. However, it slowed down in the middle and became too far-fetched and unrealistic. Even though it was quite well written and some of the characters were well fleshed out (Avril), it's  just an okay book for me and not the one I'll remember.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Transworld publishers for the ARC.
Carrie is currently serving time in prison for the stabbing murder of her husband's mistress Ella. Tess is investigating the murder as Carrie doesn't seem to her to be the type of wife who would stab someone to death. Tess is also running from secrets in her own past which may end up catching up with her as she delves deeper into this case. An edge of the seat read that had me captivated until the very end. Thanks to #netgalley for the Advanced Readers Copy. #pauladaly #tea_sipping_bookworm #netgalley #bookstagram #goodreads #amazon#kindle #litsy
Clear My Name by Paula Daly is a thrilling read.  When Carrie is three years into her life sentence after being convicted of a brutal murder, Tess from Innocence UK declares that she will clear her name.  But both women are keeping secrets.  I enjoyed this novel but felt let down by the ending.  3 stars
Innocence UK is an organisation that deals with people who have been convicted of crimes but they, or someone close to them is convinced they are innocent. Carrie was convicted of the crime of murdering her husbands lover. Her case is brought to them by her daughter, Mia. The team agree to take on the case, partly because their cases have mostly dealt with men. Tess Gilroy has worked tirelessly to bring miscarriages of justice to light. With a new recruit to the organisation shadowing her, they try to find the truth. However Tess has no way of knowing that this case will stir up so many old wounds.

This was an engaging story. It was a new way of looking at a crime. The characters were interesting & I'm hoping this isn't the last we hear of Tess Gilroy. I have enjoyed Paula Daly's previous books & this one lived up to expectations. Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
Carrie Kamara has been convicted of murdering her husband’s mistress  and the case has come to the attention of the innocence project. I have to admit Paula Daly and a book about a criminal trial was already onto a winner.

As it is the review of the evidence doesn't look that promising to begin with, there is some DNA evidence inside the victim's home that everyone is sure was the reason why the jury convicted her of the crime the first time round.  However Tess has a feeling that all is not as cut and dried as it first appeared and goes digging.

I really couldn't put this book down, it was totally gripping and whilst not a read that felt that it was racing away from me, it certainly moved at a fast enough pace for me to get that on the edge of my seat feeling. Best of all the ending was oh so clever!