Cover Image: The Scandal

The Scandal

A very good read for which I would like to thank Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review.  Scandal had all the ingredients for an exciting drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Based on a close female  friendship, secrets , lies and murder with a bit of date rape thrown in for good measure this book is sure to hold any audience in full attention.  I enjoyed its fast pace and recommend.
The Scandal is a clever and well plotted thriller that kept me guessing until the end! Lots of twists and turns and intriguing characters. Would be happy to read more from Nicola Marsh!
This book had a really great twists and turns, and a big plot twist in the last few pages that I definitely didn't see coming. It was really interesting to have these put-together upper-echelon women dealing with some of the seediest people in society (and sometimes, even married to them). This book gave off serious Big Little Lies vibes.
A brilliant summer read. Very much a grown up version of Big Little Lies. I absolutely loved this. Take it out in the sun and get caught up! 5/5.
I loved this book! The dynamic of the characters Marisa, Elly, and Claire. On the surface, they live the lives that many of us would only dare to dream of. But things aren't always as they seem. Ris is married to a powerful narcissist with an irresponsible younger brother.  Claire badly wants a baby but is plagued by secrets that could undo her marriage. Elly is on a mission of twisted revenge against her bigamist ex.

When a mysterious young woman arrives in town, searching for the rich father of her unborn child and all three husbands are cast in suspicion. Can these three friends salvage their marriages, hold on to their friendship, and protect their reputations?

I stayed up so many nights reading this. Just when I thought I might have it figured out, it took another interesting turn, right up until the finale. Would definitely recommend to friends who love a good thriller.
Really enjoyed this one. Lots of twists and turns and unexpected plot twists. Easy to read and hard to put down.
This story is told from three differing perspectives: perfect wife and mother, Marisa, intriguing, Elly and dedicated police officer, Claire. All three have their own problems. There are lots of twists and turns in the book and everyone is a suspect in the scandal at some point.
Couldn't put it down! I changed my mind a few times about what had happened and thanks to the twist at the end, I was wrong every time. Very clever and hugely engaging.
First, let me thank netgalley and the publishers for approving my request for an early release of this book.  All reviews of my netgalley books can be found on goodreads and youtube.  Please be sure to check out the links attached.
This is the story of a scandal that has people talking when new family moves to town. Everyone has an opinion on what started this and who is to blame.
This is a first-time author for me. I enjoyed it although I did think that some of the characters could have been better explored. Still an enjoyable read with a good plot and the proverbial twists and turns. Recommended.
Riveting ! The story begins with the three friends getting together, each having their own secrets and issues. The narrative keeps you hooked and you have a feeling that more than one person, from those introduced in the story, are involved in something dangerous.

Marisa's life though glamorous from outside is damaged from within. The extent of the damage can be asserted completely in the end. But, somehow, I could sense that it wasn't going to end well for her. Jodi's entrance and subsequent death sent my alarm bells ringing.

Claire's story much more genuine. Real life problems and doubts creatic a havoc in her marriage, so much so, that her cop mind starts going overboard with suspicions. Within the three friends, she seemed to have a good head on her head.

Elly, to me, was the most twisted of the characters. I think I was let down because of this single character, What happened to her was terrible, but, she is a pathological liar and the explanation for her actions is such b*llshit. There are so many ways to achieve what she set out to achieve. Her actions make no sense to me, thereby, reducing the book's effect.

Overall, this story had so much potential. The suspense was good and I was intrigued to know who caused Jodie's death. But over time, it becomes easy to guess who are involved, the only thing that is revealed in the end, is the why. After a point, the story just pulls you in all directions, in an effort to throw doubts on all characters. I would have given a higher rating if Elly's explanation was not a part of the story. She could simply be having an affair with a married man, and not particularly targetted, as a part of her stupid plan. It would have added more credibility to her character. Right now, she is plain cra-cra.
For my first Nicola Marsh book I’d say it’s definitely a winner. Very intriguing and kept me guessing at each step. Definitely going to be a fan and buy more of her books now!
Very good story, interesting premise. The writing sucks you in and you have to know what happened...I couldn’t put it down!
I found this hidden gem in my TBR list and omg am I glad I did because this was everything a twisty twisted psychological thriller should be! For 24 hours, I was inside the sprawling mansion in the little rich town of Gledhill watching so many lives unravel and secrets spill over and out. What I loved was that the author kept everything a secret. Any one could have been the murderer and the “lover”. The writing made sure that I guessed wrong the entire way!
Thank you for my free arc in exchange for my honest review. Five bright stars!
A gripping emotional page turner with a breathtaking twist

Have you ever read a book and then you sit with it and you aren’t sure what to say? That is how I felt with this one. It has the making for an amazing thriller and it is unique. Three friends living in the Hamptons Marisa, Claire and Elly each living a life that is of there own making and putting out the best versions of themselves. What you quickly realize while reading is that not one person is who the portray to be.  What adds to their drama is a woman named Jodi who has come to their lives to find the father of her baby. It seems that she brings a dark cloud over this town because shortly after a murder happens. A swarm of drama ensues as the story unfolds and we learn more about the three women’s pasts. The perfect wife in an unhappy marriage the divorcee who uses her body as a weapon against men and the cop with the loving partner. I specifically left out who is who because that is part of the fun of reading this book.  I love the garden parties that were in this book. I felt like it was a murder club meeting. I will say there are a few parts that fall flat but is worth the time.
Three friends, Marisa, Claire and Elly living the high life in the Hamptons with lots of parties.  But each hold secrets from each other.

When pregnant girl Jodie arrives at of the parties she is accepted in immediately and offered accommodation at one of the three’s women’s refuge.  When she is found dead but how is she linked to the three women.

I found after Jodie died, I skimmed read until only to find out who was the father of Jodie’s baby, and did who got their comeuppance.

The premise sounded interesting, but the novel just did not keep my interest.
Unpredictable plot? Check! Full of suspense? Check! Amazing Writing?  Check again!! This book was a thrill ride and I loved every minute of it.
An enjoyable and gripping read.  A book I could not put down. So yes it’s a clear the decks for a one sitting read. How the four women’s stories intertwine is remarkable.

Three friends Marisa, Elly and Claire living in the Hamptons, All with very different lives.  Marisa's twin daughters have grown up and left home leaving her in an unhappy marriage.  Claire is in the local police force and is struggling with  her husbands infertility. Elly has a secret lover that she has kept totally secret even from her closest friends.  All three have secrets and past lives that they have kept from one another.

Jodi arrives in town single, young and pregnant, searching for the father of her unborn child. Marisa takes her under her wing and offers her options for her future and that of her baby.  But who is the father?  Is it someone connected to the women?

This book is along the lines of Big Little Lies.  Drama, suspense and secrets galore.  I will be keeping an eye out for more by this author!