Cover Image: The Silent Ones

The Silent Ones

This is a great book for readers who enjoy twists and turns! The relationship of the two main characters is developed well and the book has a creepiness throughout with underlying tones of malice and distrust.
After reading another book by the same author I was nervous to read this one as well since I didn't enjoy the other book. Sadly this one didn't hit me any better and was a disappointment.
Apologies for the late feedback on this one. It's quite a page turner, full of twists and turns like KL Slater's other books. My full review appears on Weekend Notes.
What happens when a tragedy tears a family apart? Maddy and Brianna are 10-year-old cousins who also happen to be best friends. The two of them are accused of brutally murdering an old lady, this leads to the young girls being brought in for questioning. The problem? They both refuse to speak. Juliet [mom] is crushed, she will stop at nothing to figure out what happened that day with her daughter Maddy. In order to do so, Juliet must uncover secrets from her past with the aid of her sister.

I was hooked on the plot from the start, I've heard of stories of children being accused and even committing murders - but it's not a topic that is breached often. This was my first K.L. Slater book, and it certainly won't be my last. This book is filled with a bunch of twists and I found myself wanting to binge read just to see what really happened.
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to read and review this book.

After losing and replacing my broken Kindle and getting a new phone I was unable to download the title again for review as it was no longer available on Netgalley.

I’m really sorry about this and hope that it won’t affect you allowing me to read and review your titles in the future.

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.
Natalie.
THE SILENT ONES is the ninth psychological thriller by bestselling author of twelve psychological crime thrillers.by K.L. Slater. After being a huge fan of her novels, I noticed that I have two novels that I haven’t read, which include, The Silent Ones and her latest novel, The Girl She Wanted, so I am now catching up, as I love her novels. This is the review of The Silent Ones.

Her Novels Include:

The Silent Ones (2019)
Single (2019)
The Apartment (2020)
Little Whispers (2020)
The Girl She Wanted (2020)

The Silent Ones is bound to be well received. and will keep you guessing right until the very end. Her novels just get better and better. This is a fabulous read, that will reel you in …one line at a time…

TWO LITTLE GIRLS. ONE TERRIBLE CRIME.

When ten-year-old cousins Maddy and Brianna are arrested for hurting an elderly lady, Bessie, a few streets away from their grandma’s house, Maddy’s mother, Juliet cannot believe it. How could her bright daughter be capable of such a thing?

It was a staff training day at their primary school, so the girls were bored, while staying with their grandparents, and wandered off to Bessie’s house. It was supposed to be fun, but this had got out of hand. When one girl came from the bathroom, she saw blood from the side of Bessie’s head. It was an accident. They ran home from the scene.

The locals are horrified by the incident. The two sisters are called down to the police station, and now begin the process of having to defend their daughter’s innocence. The police have reason to believe that one or both of the girls may have assaulted the victim.

But both girls are refusing to speak…

The police bring in a child therapist, Dana to deal with the situation.

Juliet knows that she needs to find out the truth, to save her daughter. The two sisters must confront their own secrets that remain locked up and not spoken about.

Love the family drama and the characters in this novel. Another enjoyable read.

Many thanks to the author, Bookouture and Net Galley for my digital copy.
KL Slater is an excellent writer.  This one did not disappoint. Two young girls accused of murder, and a raft of old family secrets that threaten everything. Highly recommended.
i really liked the premise of this book!

A great read, i couldnt put it down!! A lot of twists and turns!! Didnt not see the ending coming which made this book a solid 5* book for me!

Another great and solid book by the author - looking at the moment her other books as well as i would like to read more books from her backlist!

If you havent read a book by this author, definitely give it a go!!
I really liked this book until I got towards the end of it. The end was just too rushed, too far fetched  for me  Also, it didn't really seem realistic that all of this, from start to end, happened in just 24 hours. Crime, arrest, counselling sessions, interviews, meetings etc etc etc. PLOT MOVE TO FAST
All in all it was a good idea, a good plot, but a bit rush I not sure i like this book
This is a great book about two ten year old girls that are accessed of murdering an old lady, the girls refuse to speak about what happened and as the story unfolds it becomes apparent that things are not as they seem and events from the past has came to haunt the girls mums. An enjoyable story that kept my mind going in lots of different directions.
"The girls backed out of the room and had just stepped into the kitchen when they heard it... a scuffling sound, like the movement of feet. They froze as a shadow loomed in the hallway and advanced towards them."

What would you do if your 10 year old child was accused of murder? This is the reality for sisters Juliet and Chloe, when they are told that their daughters were at the scene of a horrific crime. And the girls haven't spoken a word to anyone since. Along with the police, they must find a way to discover the truth. But at what cost?

The book starts with what seems like an awful crime, and I was glued straight away. Throughout the book, we slowly discover what has happened and why, but along the way we get to see what happens when you add weight to an already dysfunctional and fractured family.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read it.
Ummm wow 😮 Now that had some plot twists I didn’t see coming! Juliet’s family were not very nice either 😢 I completely thought her husband was having an affair with her best friend too!

I'm finding this author's stories are very enthralling! Hard to stop and put down.

Fastly becoming a favourite author.
I always enjoy books from theis author. They are easy to read and full of twists and surprises. This one was no exception
Lots of twists and turns, as well as a character study into a family that appears functional but is hiding a lot from each other. Interesting premise with children at the heart of this story, with some dark themes woven throughout.
this was really an amazing page turner. I could not stop reading it. It was fast paced, keeping me on the edge at all time. I have to say I really really enjoyed it.I loved the characters, I liked the where tha author brought us with all the twist this story had to offer and I have to say the author is convincing in everything in this story.
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the author, publisher and Netgalley.com. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This book is a minefield of family dysfunction, secrets, lies and betrayal. No one is who they seem and nothing is what it looks like. On a whole, a excellent story that could have been taken right out of the headlines. A whodunit that will keep you guessing.

5 out of 5 stars.
An excellent read, yet another cracker from KL Slater. As usual, it's extremely gripping and I just had to keep reading. I couldn't stop and finished it in one evening. Full of twists and red herrings. Can't wait for the next one!
Oh my god!! This book was fabulous!!!!!! Two young girls are accused of murder. They are cousins of 10 years old. The story is about the parents fight for justice for their daughters. they do not believe they are capable. The story goes from present day to Juliette and Chloe's childhood where something awful happened that changed their lives and their family dynamics. This book is full of twists and turns and great characters all round. I really don't know how this author writes so many good books in a short space of time, I have read and enjoyed every single book.
I am a huge fan of Slater but heard very mixed reviews of this one,  i came in with an open mind and trying not to expect too much.

This one was very interesting,  the dysfunction in this family was astonishing. Two cousins accused of a crime,  their mother's both willing to do whatever it takes to protect their children  this wasn't my favorite,  but it was an enjoyable read that had several twists that keep you engaged in the story
This one didn't really work for me. The beginning was confusing and continued to be so until almost the end. When the perpetrator was revealed the plot made more sense. Up till that point, it was just a web of confusion.

Maddy and Brianna's arrest and the subsequent investigation was interesting.. Juliet and Chloe are well written characters and the secrets of the families were deep. Even so, they didn't help in keeping my attention.