Cover Image: The Silent Ones

The Silent Ones

i really liked the premise of this book!

A great read, i couldnt put it down!! A lot of twists and turns!! Didnt not see the ending coming which made this book a solid 5* book for me!

Another great and solid book by the author - looking at the moment her other books as well as i would like to read more books from her backlist!

If you havent read a book by this author, definitely give it a go!!
I really liked this book until I got towards the end of it. The end was just too rushed, too far fetched  for me  Also, it didn't really seem realistic that all of this, from start to end, happened in just 24 hours. Crime, arrest, counselling sessions, interviews, meetings etc etc etc. PLOT MOVE TO FAST
All in all it was a good idea, a good plot, but a bit rush I not sure i like this book
This is a great book about two ten year old girls that are accessed of murdering an old lady, the girls refuse to speak about what happened and as the story unfolds it becomes apparent that things are not as they seem and events from the past has came to haunt the girls mums. An enjoyable story that kept my mind going in lots of different directions.
"The girls backed out of the room and had just stepped into the kitchen when they heard it... a scuffling sound, like the movement of feet. They froze as a shadow loomed in the hallway and advanced towards them."

What would you do if your 10 year old child was accused of murder? This is the reality for sisters Juliet and Chloe, when they are told that their daughters were at the scene of a horrific crime. And the girls haven't spoken a word to anyone since. Along with the police, they must find a way to discover the truth. But at what cost?

The book starts with what seems like an awful crime, and I was glued straight away. Throughout the book, we slowly discover what has happened and why, but along the way we get to see what happens when you add weight to an already dysfunctional and fractured family.
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read it.
Ummm wow 😮 Now that had some plot twists I didn’t see coming! Juliet’s family were not very nice either 😢 I completely thought her husband was having an affair with her best friend too!

I'm finding this author's stories are very enthralling! Hard to stop and put down.

Fastly becoming a favourite author.
I always enjoy books from theis author. They are easy to read and full of twists and surprises. This one was no exception
Lots of twists and turns, as well as a character study into a family that appears functional but is hiding a lot from each other. Interesting premise with children at the heart of this story, with some dark themes woven throughout.
this was really an amazing page turner. I could not stop reading it. It was fast paced, keeping me on the edge at all time. I have to say I really really enjoyed it.I loved the characters, I liked the where tha author brought us with all the twist this story had to offer and I have to say the author is convincing in everything in this story.
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the author, publisher and Netgalley.com. Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This book is a minefield of family dysfunction, secrets, lies and betrayal. No one is who they seem and nothing is what it looks like. On a whole, a excellent story that could have been taken right out of the headlines. A whodunit that will keep you guessing.

5 out of 5 stars.
An excellent read, yet another cracker from KL Slater. As usual, it's extremely gripping and I just had to keep reading. I couldn't stop and finished it in one evening. Full of twists and red herrings. Can't wait for the next one!
Oh my god!! This book was fabulous!!!!!! Two young girls are accused of murder. They are cousins of 10 years old. The story is about the parents fight for justice for their daughters. they do not believe they are capable. The story goes from present day to Juliette and Chloe's childhood where something awful happened that changed their lives and their family dynamics. This book is full of twists and turns and great characters all round. I really don't know how this author writes so many good books in a short space of time, I have read and enjoyed every single book.
I am a huge fan of Slater but heard very mixed reviews of this one,  i came in with an open mind and trying not to expect too much.

This one was very interesting,  the dysfunction in this family was astonishing. Two cousins accused of a crime,  their mother's both willing to do whatever it takes to protect their children  this wasn't my favorite,  but it was an enjoyable read that had several twists that keep you engaged in the story
This one didn't really work for me. The beginning was confusing and continued to be so until almost the end. When the perpetrator was revealed the plot made more sense. Up till that point, it was just a web of confusion.

Maddy and Brianna's arrest and the subsequent investigation was interesting.. Juliet and Chloe are well written characters and the secrets of the families were deep. Even so, they didn't help in keeping my attention.
I received The Silent Ones by K.L. Slater as an ARC from NetGalley.  I love a good psychological thriller and this did not disappoint.  Two cousins, Maddy and Brianna, are accused of murder.  Their mothers, sisters Juliet and Chloe, can't believe that their daughters are capable of the crime.  The two girls refuse to talk about the crime but as the story goes along secrets are revealed about the family.  The family is not very likeable and their secrets are surprising.  I wasn't expecting how it all turned out.  Lots of twists and turns.  I recommend this book and look forward to reading more by this author.
A story about two cousins and a complicated family where the girls are accused of murder....gripping and full of twists and turns. A good read.
Great psychological thriller than centers around the dysfunctional Voce family.  It's filled with twists and turns and, of course, family secrets!  It was a quick read than kept me interested all the way through.
Thanks to K.L. Slater, Bookouture and NetGalley for the ARC of this great read!
I love a good mystery, but I usually end up disappointed because I see the end from a mile away.  Not so with this novel from K.L. Slater!  I bought every red herring hook, line, and sinker.  When the reveal happened I think I audibly muttered, "What?" in near disbelief!  That is not to say it is not plausible...all the clues are there, but Slater keeps the reader so distracted by everything else, that you don't see it coming.  However, I did find the levels of deception of this dysfunctional family a bit much, and really couldn't imagine why, as an adult, you would still be interacting with them.  This rang less than believable to me, but was not so annoying that I wanted to stop reading.  I also found the mother's obsession with her work over the top considering her 10 year old daughter was about to be charged with murder.  Can 't imagine work crossing my (or most mother's minds) in that situation.  Overall, an enjoyable mystery...finally!  Thank you NetGalley and publishers for providing an ARC for review.
First I'd like to thank Netgalley for the chance to read and review this ARC. I didn't love it but it wasn't horrible. I just felt it was far-fetched and none of the characters were likable in my opinion. I went into it thinking that focus would be the children being held for a horrific crime but it turned into a story about the family drama. The ending felt rushed as well.
3.5 stars

This was my first book by this author but won’t be my last. A fast paced mystery thriller that focuses on a horrendous crime that involves two 10 year old cousins. They are taken into police custody for questioning but won’t say a word. It is up Dana, a child psychologist, to get to the bottom of what happened. Amidst the mystery is some serious family dysfunction.

I thought this story was quite suspenseful. It was also a quick and easy read, which I appreciated. Easy to get pulled into the mystery. It had a few good twists at the end. There was one in particular that I didn’t see coming at all.

And although I appreciated the intriguing plot, there were instances in which the story seemed far fetched. I will admit I rolled my eyes and shook my head a couple of times. I’m okay to suspend belief to a degree, but this one pushed me over the limit. However, definitely worth the read if you’re a fan of psychological thrillers.

I received a copy of this book on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Interesting. It held my attention and made me want to know more. A great story with a great twist. Great!