Cover Image: A Life WIthout Water

A Life WIthout Water

Carol has lost her second husband in a tragic accident.  Her first husband, John, shows up the day before what would have been their daughter's 30th birthday  after 24 years.  24 years ago their daughter died while her father was supposed to be watching her and instead got drunk and passed out.
Carol just wanted her ex-husband gone but instead, she takes him to her house and shows him their daughter's urn. He decides he is going to take their daughter's ashes but Carol stops it from happening.  The next day, she gets a phone call from a hospital and her ex-husband is in the hospital and he kept asking for her. She finally goes to the hospital where she learns he has a brain tumor and doesn't have long to live so he wanted to take their daughter's ashes to the places he had promised her they would all go to. and he wanted Carol to go with him.
She actually did agree to do this and she drove her new RV and they went to the places that were on his daughter's list that had been hanging on his refrigerator.
This is a rollercoaster ride because Carol and John haven't seen each other for 24 years, she has never been able to forgive him, and she still grieves for her daughter. So how will this ever work out?  Marci Bolden will take us through the journey that Carol and John embark on.  Sometimes it is hard to read,  sometimes I thought how is Carol ever going to survive what she has agreed to do.  I could feel her pain because the writing was that good.  Ii was thinking if I am a hard time reading this story, I can't imagine living it.
You will have to read the book because there is so much that Carol and John go through.  Plus you will want to know if Carol will be able to say goodbye to her daughter. It has been 24 years and she wasn't able to do it.  You will also want to know what takes place with Carol and John traveling in close quarters of her RV.  I shed many tears and when the book came to the end, I was glad that I finished the book.
WOW!! What an emotional story that Caroline/Carol has lived. A grabbing story of the pain she has endured thanks to her drinking husband John. Caroline had lost a lot due to him. She flees in the night and never looks back. Only to have have John reappear 30 years later wanting forgiveness and to complete a task they were meant to do 30 years before. What a story!!! Can Carol forgive him only to have him leave her this time. Great, great story now onto the next “A Life Without Flowers”
What is the worst thing imaginable that can happen to a parent? Can you forgive if others were involved? This book is exceptionally well written with fabulous characterization. I would definitely recommend this book but beware - 😢 are involved. Enjoy! 📚

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest, voluntary review.
I struggled quite a bit with this book, mainly because it just didn’t make sense to me.  Caroline is married to John, who is an alcoholic.  They have a six-year-old daughter (Katie), who dies when Caroline goes to work and leaves her in the care of her father, who spends every night drinking until he passes out.  I kept thinking, “What did she expect?”  That said, I admire Caroline for starting a new life with her second husband, Tobias, who also dies.  Then John visits Caroline over two decades after Katie’s death to let her know that he is dying.  He wants to spend his last days with Caroline visiting places that Katie always wanted to see.  Katie was cremated, and he wants to leave a little bit of her ashes in each place.  Caroline does not initially want to do this, which makes perfect sense to me, but she generously decides to do it anyway.  The chapters about the trip itself are sweet, and I loved Tobias’ family, who embrace Caroline and support her decision to make the trip.  I also appreciate that Caroline eventually takes responsibility for her part in her daughter’s death.  Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
A Life Without Water is an emotional read. Carol must finally come to terms with the death of her daughter 30 years ago and in the process learn to forgive her ex-husband. Have your tissue handy. I will be watching for more from author Marci Bolden. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher  Pink Sand Press for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A Life Without Water is a wonderful story of growth and strength. The emotions this book holds is phenomenal. I fell in love with Carol she has been hurt and when her ex comes back into her life she doesn't know what to do but her strength keeps her stable and the growth she needs keeps her sane.
The death of a daughter, divorce and an ex husband who is terminally ill...... a tear jerking journey to finally spread the daughters ashes.

I kept thinking what would I have done in this situation.....

Really thought provoking.
Carol Denman’s ex husband, John Bowman, finds her after they haven’t seen each other in over twenty years. John is very sick and asks Carol to go on a road trip they were supposed to go on before their divorce.

A Life Without Water is a very emotional book. I was very invested in the story since the beginning. I really liked Carol and John and many of the other characters.

I recommend A Life Without Water for anyone that likes emotional fiction and family drama.

Thank you NetGalley and Pink Sand Press for A Life Without Water in exchange for an honest review.
Omg what an emotional book. Cried laughed felt like i knew Carol personally. I was so privileged to be given the opportunity to read this book via Netgalley.. will definitely be reading the second book
Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster this was. Get the tissues ready!
This was beautiful heart wrenching and life-affirming and everything I expected it to be.
The characters were wonderful, I felt their pain, their anger and their guilt.
As someone who has recently lost her sister, this has made me see my pain and guilt in a different way. Utterly unforgettable and I cannot wait to see what the sequel to Carol's story has in store.
Wow! I really enjoyed reading this book, I felt like I knew the characters. There was a sense of sadness as I read it, but also times of happiness when Carol was remembering the good times. I shed a few tears.

Well written and kept me hooked throughout.
A beautiful and haunting story of love, loss and survival. Carol Denman barely survived the death of her young daughter and the destruction of her first marriage. In her second marriage, she shared many wonderful years with Tobias until his untimely death in an accident. She keeps her emotions under control until her ex, John Bowman, arrives at her office. He is sick and doesn’t have much time and asks that she help him complete his quest to honor their daughters’ last wishes. She blames John for their daughter’s death and doesn’t know if she can fulfill his request as well as let him back in to her life. Will her agreement to help him and forgive him grant her the peace she so desperately needs? Have the tissues handy. I received an advance review copy at no cost and without obligation for an honest review. (by paytonpuppy)
Many thanks to Netgalley and Pink Sand Press for my copy. I loved this book. It was a real emotional rollercoaster with a heartbreaking story at its centre that never shied away from the trauma of grief and loss, but managed to keep a sense of fun and joy as well. An absolutely gorgeous read.
This is a well written book that hooks you on the first page and doesn't let go. It's a roller-coaster ride full of emotions. Go to your favorite reading spot and get comfortable because once you start reading, you can't put it down.
This book is a story about forgiveness and loss and making peace with life. Carol and John have been divorced for more than twenty years. John is terminally ill and re-enters Carol’s life on their daughter’s 30th birthday. John’s final request is that Carol accompany him on the road trip they had planned decades ago but never took. Carol reluctantly agrees to go. The two week road trip allows Carol and John to examine themselves and each other, and to accept blame and responsibility in the tragedy of their life together. This was an enjoyable read, full of emotion, allowing the reader to see the dynamics that brought John and Carol together, as well as the reasons that broke them apart. You will smile, laugh, shake your head, and hold back a few tears while embarking on this road trip. Ultimately, you will enjoy the ride!

Some of my favorite quotes from the book:

“Nothing could ever fill the void left behind. The hollow shell of what once was whole would never fully recover.”

I forgive you,” he said. “For whatever mistakes you made. I forgive you. It would mean a lot if you could forgive me.”

“She was simply here, in the moment, coming to terms with the loss...”

“Nobody ever sees everything. The world is a big place full of mystery. That’s what makes it amazing. Nobody ever sees everything, John.”

“John had made his peace and exited on his terms. There was no other way she could imagine his life ending.”

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Talk about a book hangover. This is one of those books that I had to take from because it was too much at times, Nevertheless,I persisted and it was definitely worth it!
So good! I had to put it down!

Yes Had to put down!  extremely emotional read! cried so much, needed time to clear my sinuses !( though not why its titled, was left with quite less water in my tear ducts!) The blurb starts with:
Carol Denman divorced her husband over twenty years ago and has never looked back. But on the day before their daughter’s thirtieth birthday, John barges back into Carol’s life with a request that threatens the fragile stability she has built. But Carol is also dealing with the loss of her second husband Tobias!  As this story progresses the Author takes you on Carol & John's journey of why John makes this request! and its quite a Journey to have to undertake !
Its a story of forgiveness of others and of yourself! It questions you ;Do you have any unfinished business? this is a very personnel journey of these two people that you are brought along every step of the way! One no one should have to take! though quite an emotional journey, its sweet and a hopeful journey too! Carols mother in-law and family!! wow such an incredible show of support, help and break that Carol needed at this part of their journey!
though this has an epilogue, and was not really a cliffhanger ! I wanted more from Carols continued journey, that there was more to tell ( subtle hint to the Author)  ;o) I highly recommend her Stonehill Series!
Was given an ARC from NetGalley for my honest review !
Thank you for the opportunity to read this. I will be posting a full review to Goodreads, Amazon, and Instagram.
Absolutely adored this book.  I felt I lived every minute of the journey. So sad but ultimately uplifting as well.
This was such a wonderful book. The rollercoaster of emotions and the storyline. It was told very well. Would like to read more from this author.