Cover Image: Lucy Maud Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery

I am completely in love with this series by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara. I think it is a stunning idea to educate children about different famous people and the amazing work they've done during their lives.

This one about Lucy Maud Montgomery is especially dear to my soul because I love Lucy and her work. I think of her as decades ahead of her time, a feminist and an exceptional writer!
The perfect introduction to the beloved author of Anne of Green Gables! Thank you to the publisher and thank you to Sanchez Vergara who has given me an excuse to introduce a new generation of readers to Marilla, Matthew, Anne, Gilbert, Diana, Miss Stacey, etc.
Another great addition to the Little People, Big Dreams series. Anne of Green Gables is my all-time favorite classic novel! Despite this, I did not know all that much about the author. This book is very informative (even to an adult) and well written. The illustrations are gorgeous and really enhanced the story. This is definitely going to be one of my go-to recommendations for young readers at my library.
Another cute one in this series of board books.  These are fun, but probably more for the adult reading the book out loud than in terms of the content for the child's development.
This particular series has gained so much love and adoration that I had to see it for myself to believe it. Needless to say I was bowled over by it. Perfect for little readers at home and a perfectly aligned resource for the homeschooling parents.

Considering that I love all that Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote, I had to love this book.
This is a nonfiction picture book for children highlighting the life of Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Lucy dreamt of becoming a writer as a young girl and pursued this dream, at first in secret, at a time when writing was not acceptable for girls or women. Despite much resistance, Lucy went on to become a famous writer. Her most popular written works are the “Anne of Green Gables” books, the first of which was published in 1908.

This story is excellent encouragement for young girls to follow their dreams, and to help them believe that they can achieve anything they set their minds to.

This little book is a quick read and uses very sweet and simplistic language and illustrations that are easy for children to understand and love.
'L.M. Montgomery (Little People, Big Dreams)' by Ma Isabel Sanchez Vegara with art by Anuska Allepuz is a picture book about the author of Anne of Green Gables, among other things.

When Lucy Maud Montgomery was very young, her mother died, and her father left her in the care of her grandparents.  She felt a bit out of place, but she liked to explore and she had a good imagination.  She also liked to read and write, even though she was told those things were a waste of time for a girl.  This didn't stop her and she wrote in secret, and continued to write.  Eventually, she gave the world a memorable character in Anne Shirley.

Included at the end of the book is a timeline of L.M. Montgomery's life.  Like other books in the series, this one is interesting and uplifting.  I really love the different art styles of the books and this one is no different.  Anuska Allepuz' art is bright and cheerful.

I received a review copy of this ebook from Quarto Publishing Group-Frances Lincoln Childrens, and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you for allowing me to review this ebook.

The ‘My First Little People, Big Dreams’ series provides informative and inspirational biographies about people who left a mark on this earth, no matter what difficulties they have encountered.
These stories are very short, but that’s because they’re books for children, so it’s totally understandable.
I think they are a very smart and wonderful way to introduce little children to such important figures.
Here there's the story of Lucy Maud Montgomery, the famous author of "Anne of Green Gables". I think her determination to never give up on chasing one's dream could be of great inspiration to children, but also to adults.
Here we go again.
I read Little People, Big Dreams: Dolly Parton two months ago and I didn't like it. The illustrations were cute, but there was almost no story...this is exactly the same(although, I prefer the illustrations in this book). I still don't know much about Maud's life.
If I had a children, I wouldn't buy this book. It is cute, yes. But, there is not information about L.M Montgomery's life. Reading this book was like reading those brief biographies on blogs. I guess she didn't had it easy(especially at that time) but reading this I imagine that she had no obstacles to fulfill her dreams when in fact she received a strict education and was lonely. Overall, this book was a dissapointment.
I received an e-arc from net for review

I love this series, it's always a joy to read about someone who I may a lot, a bit or nothing at all. The art style is pleasing to look at, these are books would be a great addition to many elementary classrooms.
This is the best series of books and I want them all for my two  girls! Information and education along with inspiring stories and beautiful art. The perfect combination for curious girls.
Given that this is a "my first" book, the narrative is very simple. I almost think it's overly simplified, even for toddlers. I applaud giving small children positive examples though.
This has to be one of the most popular series of biographical books we have in our library.
They are constantly being borrowed and requested.  Children are so curious about famous individuals from the past and these are a delightful and easy to read collection.  They provide plenty of information and facts about the person alongside truly lovely illustrations.

LM Montgomery is a particular favourite of mine, having lived on PEI for many years.  It is a special place where Anne of Green Gables is hugely popular with locals and tourists alike.

I hope there are many more of these brilliant books coming onto the market- there is a true need and desire to read about historical figures.
A delightful story of Lucy Maud Montgomery. There are beautiful illustrations and fun facts about this wonderful author.
This was a really cute little (summary) biography that I thought was a great way to introduce little ones to who Lucy Maud Montgomery was and how she became the author that she did. The pictures are colorful and attractive and easy for little ones to engage with. It made me want to read the longer version!

*I received a free digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review
I really enjoy this series and the inclusion of Canadian treasure Lucy Maud Montgomery is well deserved.  While I really loved the illustrations in this (the use of colour especially) I found that the bio was a little sparser then some of the others in this series so while it is a good introduction to Montgomery it definitely could have used more details.  I was left wanting more and I think a young reader might feel the same way.
I received this arc from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a great first biography for young readers about Lucy Maud Montgomery. I really enjoy this series and hope they continue to publish more.
A good addition to this Babylit series. A beloved author for the parents and a good message about persistence for the child. A simple story with attractive illustrations.
"Lucy Maud Montgomery" by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara is a short story for children about L.M. Montgomery, the writer of the beloved children's classic, Anne of Green Gables. It tells the story of how Lucy overcame the odds and became a successful novelist despite the many roadblocks she had to overcome.

This is a story to teach kids that they can succeed if they try their best and never give up.

I received this eBook free of charge from Quarto Publishing Group – Francis Lincoln Children's Books via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. I did not receive any fiscal compensation from either company for this review and the opinions expressed herein are entirely my own.
I am not a big fan of Anne of Green Gables. I read the book years ago but I still can picture her very well. By mentioning her name, I remember how dramatic and talkative she was. She was so real. I wish this book can tell us more about how she was created. But I realize it is not about Anne. It is about the author. I know nothing about her until I read this one. There are not many things to tell but may be it is enough.