Cover Image: Mooncakes

Mooncakes

The artwork in this book is beautiful and I loved the design of the characters and world. The diverse characters were refreshing, but I don't think this story is for me.
I liked the drawing style and the colouring in this one. I also loved the storyline, It felt short but also like it might have been building up to something bigger?
oh my this was such a super cute quite supernatural graphic novel.

the art style is really good too, added so much to the story telling and the vibrancy of the pages were amazing.

i loved that this is LGBTQ+ rep also as i had zero idea, we have gender fluidness and lesbian grandmas.

while i loved the supernatural aspect of this book i felt the climax scene was too rushed and could have had more done, felt like there were 200+ pages of build up for it to be over in 5 pages.

the best thing about this story though (personally) was that it was about personal growth and accepting who you are, as this day in age that is such a  hard thing to accomplish

3.5*stars
I enjoyed this story.  The art style was lovely and it had diverse characters.  I loved that it was set in a bookstore.  Interweaving magic and shape shifting in the real world made it more magical.  It was a fast-paced read.  I would definitely be interested in a continuation.

I received an eARC via netgalley; all opinions are my own.
I read this quite a long time ago, but i still remember how good it made me feel! It was literally the cutest story ever. It also touched up some very important topics which i think is what makes the story even better. The art-style was absolutely stunning!

I think that this graphic novel is one that should be read during a specific time to enjoy to the fullest - it gives me full on autumn/october/halloween vibes. It follows two main characters - Nova, who is a witch and is living with her two grandmothers, and Tam who is her non-binary werewolf love interest.

Thank you NetGalley for providing me with an early copy in exchange for an honest review!
An adorable, diverse graphic novel! This is a really beautiful and powerful book. I loved the illustrations and the relationship between the two main characters. A lovely read filled with great representation, I'd thoroughly recommend.
This was such a fun read! I loved the fantasy elements and the inclusion of same sex relationships and nonbinary pronouns! So important today, but not seen nearly often enough.
This book is such a cute read! The story is so soft and lovely and the art style that is used throughout is something that I found phenomenally good. The female/non-binary love interest was something that I found so interesting. The characters are adorable and I need more of this book!
I loved the relationships in this graphic novel. From the friendship to the family relationships. This book was a great mix of fantasy and cozy! This is the ideal book for fall.
I really enjoyed the seasonal festivities as well as the artwork throughout the whole storyline. The relationship felt a bit rushed towards the beginning, but overall it was a very cute and lively story.
While the art was amazing, I didn't really connect with the characters and the plot was just okay to me. It was still a good book but I didn’t love it like I wanted to.

#Mooncakes #NetGalley
I absolutely adored this book! I really liked all the characters, the representation the art style, and all the fantasy surrounding witches. I really appreciate that this featured a hard-of-hearing witch and a nonbinary werewolf, and the fact that they are both Chinese-American. I didn't want to put this down once I started reading and I can't wait to recommend this to friends.
Perhaps I'm not the target audience. I thought I was just ok. I couldn't really connect with Tam or Nova. My favorite characters were the fun witchy grandmothers. Still, it's a unique story with lots of representation without feeling gimmicky.
This is a super cute queer graphic novel including romance, wolves, and witchcraft! Who could ask for anything more? The art was great and the story had great representation for not only the queer community, but the deaf community as well.

Graphic novels are not normally my thing because I like more character development, but I enjoyed it for what it was. It also contains multiple cute grandmas!
I really enjoyed this graphic novel. The romance between the two main characters was adorable, with all the family feels thrown in. The plot was intriguing and kept me reading combined with the beautiful art style, ut really was a wonderful book.
This book is adorable and so full of positivity that I recommend everyone in need a little happiness boost gets a copy and reads it, comfortably sitting in their couch/bed with a hot chocolate. I definitely needed that.

Nova is a sweet witch, Tam is a dorky werewolf and together, they make the cutest couple. There is a plot, involving a cult going after Tam and their werewolf magic, and a demon spirit in the forest, but it's more of a background for the romance, really. I loved every bit of it, from the grandmas helping to Tam's silly jokes, the ultimate cuteness of the art (so many cats, omg...), the spirits in the forest, the ending, ... It's basically one big pile of softness and warmth that will bring a smile to your face. I'm so glad I finally, FINALLY found a physical copy so I can reread it whenever I feel a bit blue.

Go for it, you won't regret it!
One of the most beautiful and heartfelt graphic novels ever, spoken about on skiffyandfanty.com episodes.
Loved love love love loved! This was adorable and the artwork was super sweet. Suzanne Walker wrote a great story.
A extremely cute and fun adventure/mystery comic. Perfect little quick read for fall.
Really enjoyed the art style and how it told the story.
Delightful story and great represetnation.
I loved how we didn't need tons of back story on HOW the magic worked or anything. I liked being thrown right into this moving plot around the demon.
This was just an ok read for me. Although I am not the targeted audience I can see where the younger crowd would thoroughly enjoy this book. The drawings were delightful and probably what really drew me in.