The Long Road Home

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Sep 2019

Complementary book provided for honest review.

This book was such a raw psychological experience. It took me on a deep journey in to self discovery that I will not soon forget.
Very good book.  Kept my interest during the entire book. Very good storyline. Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to read this book. #netgalley  #thelongroadhome
This book was so emotional and raw that I almost put it down but it had me at page 1. It’s not an easy read so keep that mind when starting this book. I felt haunted by Emily’s past and even though in several spots it was hard to read, I kept reading and could not put it down. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this book for my honest review. WOW!
Really intense psychological thriller with great character development.  I was hooked from the beginning. This story will not be for everyone, the content is raw and could be triggering for some.  But overall I thought it was a great read.  I would recommend anyone who likes this genre to check it out.

Thanks to Netgalley, J.H. Morgan, and the publisher for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book.
This book is an amazing read. Not pleasant at times but raw events and feelings. Should imagine it is what plenty of women feel and go through when they have been exploited, kidnapped and raped. Not for the faint hearted but a must read for men and women alike
I was on an emotional roller coaster while reading this story. I was hooked from the first page and these women captured my heart by their tragic ordeals.
Many thanks to BooksGoSocial and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
What an emotional read!!!!
Story is full of so many twist & turns and raw emotions.
Parts of this book were quite difficult to read but it was awesome to know that the women over came the hell that they were put thru.

Thanks BooksGoSocial and NetGalley for the ARC !!!
Thank you to Netgalley, J.H. Morgan and the publishing company, for allowing me an electronic copy for an honest review of the book.

This is a story about 2 ladies who have had the same similar experiences, and then also it does portray one of the ladies' mom as a minor character.   While the characters were very vivid and honest and you could resonate with them, sometimes the book was hard to follow.

The experiences for Emily and Casey were very thought out and you could feel their pain through the pages of the book, even as an electronic copy.  It also was very easy to understand the pain that these characters went through and how they start to try to come to terms with the issues.

I truly did enjoy the book, and would like to read more from this author.
What an amazing book!  It was hard to read what these two women went through
but it was very much a 5-star book!  I could not walk away from it for long!  I would love to read this
book again someday after it's published and the errors were fixed.

Thank you so much, JH Morgan, the publisher, and NetGalley for the chance to
read this wonderful book!
The Long Road Home is about 3 remarkable women. Two of which survived kidnapping and brutal torture and the third is a friend of one and the mother of the other. This book grabs your attention from page one! The characters grab your heart right away. Couldn't put the book down and such a page turner
Brutal, raw, emotional ride. Amazing book that I just could not put down. I felt for the characters as if I knew them. Read this book!
This thriller tells how sexual assault follows the victim throughout her life and often influences choices, good and bad.  This is a realistic telling of how women can spiral into alcohol and drugs, closing up and not trusting anyone or anything.  The three main characters are deeply flawed and are just like us as we discover in this raw novel.  Emily, the heart of the story, is a kickass ,take no prisoners woman as a result of her personal history which, when asked to help a friends daughter, flares to the present and has to be handled once and for all. It was draining to read, and empowering to finish.  Brava!
I received The Long Road Home from NetGalley in exchange for my fair and honest review.

I found this book amazing, it was so well written and the emotions it invoked in me were hard to describe. Being able to pull all my emotions is what a book needs to earn a 5star rating from me. I was hooked from the beginning and all the twists and turns in the book only helped to draw me in more to this storyline. At times the rawness of this story was hard to cope with, yet I couldnt put the book down. I stayed up most of the night reading this book. For those that enjoy thrillers I would certainly recommend.
The Long Road Home was by no means an easy read. Based around the brutal events that happened to Emily Winter as a teenager, this may be triggering for some readers. That being said, it was a book that kept me on the edge of my seat and I did become fully immersed in the storyline that reached a wholly satisfying conclusion. J H Morgan writes suspense brilliantly, and for anyone who isn't of too sensitive a disposition, I highly recommend this book.
I think this could have been a good book. The story line is interesting but it was written poorly. I felt the book was all over the place. The main character was contradicting all through the book. One chapter she was said to be a certain way and the next chapter she was quite the opposite. There were a few chapters where it stated then and now. To me if a book wants to use that type of then and now it should be through the whole book not just a chapter or two. I also didn't like how what happened in the past was explained through the story. It came at the oddest times in the book. This book was also very predictable. When I read a book I like to take guesses on things, but I also like to be fooled and wrong. This book was to easy to guess the out come. I just wanted to get through the book for it to end. It wasn't horrible but I wouldn't recomend it either.
Emily’s past haunts her, but having to really face it while helping Casey deal with a similar situation is tearing her apart.

Terrifying and heart stopping. Hooked from the first line to the last

Thank you NetGalley and J. H. Morgan for this early edition and hearing my honest review. Looking forward to reading more with you
#partner
I really enjoyed read it, the characters were great the plot was great. Emily Winter is trying to escape here past but when her past comes back to haunt her and people close to her will she run away or face her demons for one last time?.
This was a great read, although a little tough mentally at some parts. A friend of mine reviewed this book and loved it so much, so I immediately came to grab a copy, and I'm happy I did.

The writing was a bit choppy in some parts, but hopefully that was fixed with editing. I definitely want to read more by JH Morgan.
The one thing I really hope is that the publishers have sorted out the terrible editing. In my e-edition there were page breaks

in strange places

and parts of the text were in the wrong place - I would read a part that made no sense where it was in the text, sometimes starting mid-sentence - and then a couple of pages further on would realise that the piece of text should be read here.

The other thing that I found irritating was that the action was set in two times, and this just made it difficult to read, as there was no clear separation between the two timelines. Sometimes the telling of earlier action (Emily's initial trauma) was recounted as a dream, and sometimes it was placed in the here-and-now action, with no real reason why.

While most of the characters were fairly well described, I didn't warm to them; they were a little too black-and-white with little grey. The villains were a bit "too" villainous, and I had guessed the identity of the mystery person well before the reveal. The descriptions of what happened to Emily were brutal, and held no punches. But despite that, I didn't really feel much empathy towards her as a character.

I'm afraid I didn't really warm to this story; it got a bit too leaden in the middle, and I found myself glancing down into the right hand corner of my Kindle to see what percentage of the book I had read. My heart sank a little when I saw the "56% read" notification. If a reader thinks "Oh, Lord, I'm only just halfway through..." it's not a good sign.

This book had potential, but in my opinion, it didn't reach it. However, all the 5 star reviews beg to differ. Horses for courses. I give it 3 stars.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley!

The Long Road Home was an emotional, raw, tragic story.   It's on the longer side, but I feel like i read it quickly.

The blurb doesn't do it justice.       wow.