Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Sep 2019

The instructions were easy to follow, and the book had two techniques to draw the characters, this was pretty cool! This book will be perfect for the little ones trying to draw and the adults who want to rest the mind for a while!
"Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh," is a step-by-step drawing book for drawing your favorite characters from a most beloved children's story, A. A. Milne's "Winnie-the-Pooh."

Learn to easily draw all your favorites. There's Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, and even Christopher Robin. The book even includes space to practice right there. This is a fun and informative beginner's course on drawing with kids in mind.

I received this eBook free of charge from Quarto Publishing Group – Walter Foster Jr. via NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. I did not receive any fiscal compensation from either company for this review and the opinions expressed herein are entirely my own.
What a delightful art book, and perfect for fans of Winnie the Pooh!

This books contains instructions on how to create the following characters: Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, and Christopher Robin. It's beautifully illustrated and easy to understand. Even someone like me, who has very little artistic ability, was able to make a go at Piglet.

I like how there are three methods for drawing: tracing (tracing paper comes with the copy if you purchase the book), the grid method, and basic shapes. It's great for the beginning artist.

I could see this being a lovely addition to elementary art classrooms, and it would also be perfect for family time. I will definitely be on the lookout for other books in this series--there are other Disney characters that my children would love to try their hands at.

Thank you to NetGalley and the Walter Foster Jr. Creative Team for providing this review copy.
My daughter was over the moon to see this title was on my iPad! She’s not stopped scrolling back and forth and drawing at the same time since coming home from school and hour ago!
If you are a fan of Winnie the Pooh then this book is a must buy!  It's  the first drawing book I've seen featuring these much loved characters.   It includes Pooh, Piglet, Tigger & Eeyore  as well as Christopher Robin, Roo, Owl & Rabbit  It uses both the grid and basic shapes  method as well as a few pics that you can trace.

I have no drawing skills but feel confident I could make a good go of it.  The instructions are clear and  easy to follow.

Only 64 pages but a lovely book. Every page made me smile!   The age group the book is aimed at is 6-8 years but it's a book I think that would appeal to all ages.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publishers for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Cute learn to draw. I tried a few and they cane out great. Different ways to draw, cross hair, free hand, and step by step. I had am ebook so I didn't get to use the trace paper. 🌟 🌟🌟
Thanks #netgalley, publisher and author for the chance to try this!
This is a lovely book for children or adults who want to perfectly master the art of drawing Winnie the Pooh characters.

The instructions are clear and easy to understand. Splitting the drawings between grid method, basic shape method, and tracing method.

A great way to learn skills that will help draw many other pictures too.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is perfect for fans of Winnie the Pooh who want to learn to draw their favourite characters. It has three different methods to draw the characters to suit different abilities. Perfect for art and Disney enthusiasts.
Walter Foster Jr and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh: How to draw Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and more!  I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

This drawing book comes fully equipped with everything that beginners need for success, including tracing paper and practice pages.  Budding artists will have fun drawing their favorite character from Winnie the Pooh.  The book starts out with an introduction, a brief review of necessary tools and materials, a tutorial on tracing, an explanation on the grid method, and a review of the basic shapes technique.

Each character page uses one of the methods, from grid, to basic shapes, to tracing.  There are a few pages with some of the characters together, which is great fun to try and master.  The grid method is easy for beginners, as well as the tracing one.  The basic shapes method is for the more advanced, though the instructions are good enough for beginners who are inspired to try.  I particularly liked the tips scattered throughout because they help with the visualization of the finished character.  Overall, I found Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh to be a fun way to pass an afternoon and I would recommend it to readers who are fans of the characters.
Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh is a new booklet in the Learn To Draw series. Due out 3rd Sept 2019 from Quarto on their Walter Foster Jr imprint, it's 64 pages and will be available in spiral-bound format.

Although ostensibly aimed at young artists (6+ years), there is a lot of really fun and accessible information here for artists of all ages and levels of experience. The simple and appealing step-by-step line drawn tutorials will help with confidence building and technical expertise.

The introductory content covers tools and supplies (an admirably short list), tracing and outlining, using the grid method, and basic shape drawing. The background drawings on all the pages are adorable and full color (see cover).

The tutorials (11 different, with 8 characters in various combinations) are 2-10 pages each of clear step by step drawings to achieve a recognizable Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Owl, Christopher Robin, and the rest. This would make a really lovely rainy day activity or library group activity for young kids. This would also make a really great parent/caregiver/babysitter activity for anyone with a youngster in their lives. Drawing together with your kids makes a lot of great memories.

Very cute book. Good practice for all beginning artists, no matter what age.

Five stars.
What a beautiful book!
A wonderful book with lovely little details of the beloved AA Milne characters along with descriptions and hints of three difference methods of drawing them.
There are options for all of your favourites as stand alone pictures along with a couple of group drawings as well.
Easy to follow and detailed in it's explanations this really would make a delightful gift for a Winnie the Pooh fan.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
I was really excited to get my hands on this book. I have been a long time Winnie the Pooh fan. I thought that this would have been a fun activity to do with my son.  The book states that its for all ages, I feel this is better suited for those who have more skill in drawing.  Additionally, someone new to drawing or of a younger age group may not understand the draw and erase concept.   My son got a bit confused and wasn't sure how the drawing progressed the way it did.  It would have been great to have a step by step explanation with the first drawing so the person can get a better feel of the process. Something like drawing in more steps and prompts when to erase. Doing this just with the first picture would be truly beneficial to all ages and skill levels.  Otherwise this book is really great.
Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh: How to draw Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and more! by Walter Foster Jr. Creative Team is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. I love 'how to draw' books and who doesn't love Pooh and friends? This book says for all ages but probably for grades 5 and up but kids are so awesome these days, I just don't know! Kids and adults will love this!
There is three ways to draw the characters and all three are explored. Comes with tracing paper with the book! This is one I want to buy! I can think of all kinds of Christmas cards, birthday cards, and more I could make by drawing these characters for my family and friends!
A step -by-step guide to learn how to draw Winnie the Pooh and friends!

Using a tracing system and shapes system,you can easily draw Winnie,Piglet,Tigger,Eeyore,Rio,Rabbit,Owl and Christopher Robin.

Conveniently at the end of every character’s instruction,there is a practice space.

Probably this book is for older children but I would also recommend it for adults wanting to escape,relax and draw their beloved friends from the Hundred Acre Wood!
This book is probably best for kids.  It explains different ways to learn to draw Pooh characters.  They include tracing, grid, and using basic shapes.  It is fairly light on step by step or details.  If that’s the kind of art book you like and especially if you love Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, and Christopher Robin as they’re all here.  I would have given it a higher rating but I feel like there’s too many pages of just use tracing paper and to draw. While I do appreciate that it explains there’s different ways to learn to draw, those felt like filler pages.  If that’s all you wanted to do, I think you’d be better off just buying a Pooh Bear coloring book or picture book and some tracing paper.
When it is hot as heck outside and there is nothing cool to do but reading as everything else makes you end up a sweaty mess, it is the perfect day for a speed reader.

Use the included tracing paper, step-by-step drawing exercises, and practice pages to learn to draw your favourite characters from the Hundred Acre Wood, including Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, and more!

Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh is a 64-page, spiral-bound book that shows beginning artists how to draw the lovable characters of the Hundred Acre Wood. After an introduction to art tools and materials, there is an overview of how to use the book. Then the real fun begins! You'll find easy-to-follow drawing projects for Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, and Christopher Robin.

Three different learning methods make learning to draw easy: tracing, the grid drawing method, and the basic shapes method. The basic shapes method transforms a seemingly challenging drawing exercise into a series of simple steps, beginning with basic shapes. Each step builds upon the last and, before you know it, you have a finished drawing of a hungry, honey-loving stuffed bear!

This book includes tracing paper to accompany the tracing projects, practice grids to draw on, and practice pages after each basic shapes project. Use these included practice pages to get started directly in the book. All you need is a pencil!

With step-by-step instruction, professional Disney artist tips, and bonus character biographies and fun facts, Learn to Draw Disney Winnie the Pooh provides countless hours of artistic fun for Winnie the Pooh fans of all ages and skill levels. So grab your drawing pencils and get ready for an artistic adventure with Christopher Robin and his stuffed animals in the Hundred Acre Wood!

I may be an artist but I CANNOT DRAW ... I a forever asking a friend to sketch out an animal for me before I paint it – now I won’t have to!! 	The book’s lessons and approach to art are wonderful – kids of any age and adults can use these lessons to make some amazing Winnie the Pooh drawings that they will be proud of!. (I love Pooh – I actually have a tattoo of him on my shoulder!)  A perfect book for the artsy child in your life – or yourself. lol

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🍯 🍯 🍯 🍯 🍯	4
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you love Winnie The Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and friends then you (and your little one!) are sure to love this book. Some of the characters may be a little complex to draw but this book really does break it down and with enough practice, I'm sure I'll be able to fulfill my draw of drawing Eeyore :)

This book uses a tracing system (with included tracing paper!), a grid system and a good ole shape system for accomplishing these projects.

I rated it a four-star because only Winnie The Pooh comes with all the drawing options listed above. The others are one or the other and for those that you can trace, they aren't by themselves yet paired with another. Notably, I don't think they did Rabbit justice, something I think he'd be really upset about if he were to read this book.

Also, no instructions for Kanga (but they show you how to draw Roo), Gopher or even a Heffalump. I also wished they showed you how to draw some little accessories like a honey pot or a ballon. I wish they showed you how to draw Eeyore's tail by itself too.

But all in all, I recommend this book to any fan of Winnie The Pooh, big or small!
This is the best drawing book ive seen! I love how it shows different methods for each character and has clear steps and directions.
This book is very well made. A bit advanced for smaller kids but great for ages 10+. As an adult I loved this book and found it very helpful in learning to draw beloved Winnie the Pooh characters.
Another nice drawing book in this series. This one was a little different than the others in that in included 3 types of projects: The standard break everything down into shapes and build up the character, some examples of a grid method breaking it down into small pieces, and some tracings. The book itself includes tracing paper, but I had a digital ARC to review so I can't comment on the quality of those.
I created Pooh using the grid method and it was a nice work process. Personally, I preferred the books where each project was breaking the character down into it's basic shapes.  I do like that this series is trying something new, and continually bringing light to some classic characters.