Cover Image: Date Night

Date Night

This book was way better than I expected it to be. It was fast paced and intriguing. It kept my attention right to the end. There was so much mystery and suspense. It was awesome!
Samantha Hayes has masterfully woven a story that keeps the reader trying their best to stay one step ahead, but ultimately keeps the surprises coming in Date Night.

A seemingly perfect family unit is ripped apart by something as small as a note left for the wife, Libby, to find.  When their babysitter, Sasha, comes up missing after what should have been an uneventful night out for husband and wife, the psyche starts working in overdrive for Libby (and the reader).  Just when you think you know what happened, the twists to take you to the very end of this one.
A exhilarating high excitement book about Libby, a mother of one, whose babysitter is found missing.....twists and turns as the story unravels.....I thoroughly enjoyed !!!!! A fab read !
The writing wasn't that great, the whole story was boring and slow and unbelievable. The characters were unlikable. Libby needed to grow a backbone. I started skimming just before the halfway point. Should've stopped reading altogether. Lame ending. Ugh.
Good thriller, kind of slow at some points but hang in there because the punch it packs at the end is WOW!   I overall really enjoyed this book, and totally would read more from this author.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley..

This was my first book by this author.
Date Night was FOR SURE a page-turner.     I did NOT SEE the last twist that hit!    I had pretty high expectations for this book honestly, and it came close to meeti gthem.   Well worth the read.
3.5 stars from me - the extra .5 star is due to the fact that I totally did not see that end twist coming.  I was pretty convinced I knew who dunnit (and was right), but not for the reasons I suspected.  For most of this story, I had no idea what was going on.  I was thoroughly confused and had no idea what the real story was.  The characters would show you one thing, and tell you something different.  I just kind of hung in there, figuring it would all make sense by the end, and it did.  It was very readable, even if a little far-fetched.
Book 53 just finished. Don’t know if I’ll squeeze in another one before the end of the year or not?
This was a great read. I give it four stars overall. Really liked the nice little twist at the end, but it was just a tad slow and characters making dumb decisions every now and then. Nice thriller tho!
Thanks to #netgalley for the review copy!
Oh my God! Don't you love it when you read a book and the ending just completely blindsides you? This was one of those "what in the hell just happened" books for me but in the best way possible!

As you can read in the blurb, Libby and Sean (married for 6 years with a 4-year-old daughter, Alice) go out on a date night. After Libby finds a disturbing note on her windshield one morning, she starts to question her and Sean's relationship. He takes her out for a night on the town to smooth things over. The problem? When they get home, their babysitter, Sasha, is gone and their daughter is upstairs sleeping all alone.

This novel is told from Libby's POV alternating between before and after her arrest for Sasha's murder. Trying my best not to include any spoilers, author Samantha Hayes instilled a huge amount of doubt in several characters throughout this one. She had me doubting numerous characters for a great deal of the book. But guess what? I was sort of right, but then I was oh, so wrong. My preferred genres are romance and women's fiction, but I get onto these kicks where I only want to read suspense/thrillers. This one totally did it for me. This book is wonderfully sinful, but I never, ever, saw the ending coming. Isn't that what makes the best suspense/thrillers? According to my Kindle app, I was at 97% in my reading when I figured out what was going on. Yay, Samantha Hayes! I was completely hooked, had several theories - but no, never even imagined what was coming.

Libby was the absolute worst unreliable narrator of all time. Nothing added up, especially once she started talking to the police, but yet, I was completely surprised. This was one of my most fun reads this year. There are parts that aren't pretty and made me feel uneasy, but nevertheless, a wonderful novel.

*Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for providing this review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Libby finds a note in her car claiming  her husband sean is having an affair but when she confronts him he strenuously denies it and asks her to go on a date night with him so they can discuss the matter so Libby goes with him on a rare date night leaving their  four year old daughter with Sasha their seventeen year old babysitter.  When they arrive home later that night they are shocked and extremely distressed to find their daughter asleep but all alone in the house and Sasha gone leaving her belongings including her phone behind.   Even more shocking,  a few days later Libby gets arrested for murder even though Sasha’s body hasn’t been found and thus begins a twisted tale where the facts are fed out gradually to allow you to piece together what led up to this event!!!! This is one of the best books I’ve read in quite a while and I highly recommend it!!!

Thank you to NetGalley Bookouture and Samantha Hayes for the arc of  Date Night my review is honest and unbiased.
After reading some of the reviews I feel that I am in the minority with my opinion on this book. It was good but not exactly as strong as I was hoping it would be. Parts of the story were a bit confusing to me and made it hard to follow at times. I felt that the ending was a bit of a letdown with how much mystery there was leading up to the ending.
This book was all over the place, jumping back and forth between time periods, changing character point-of-view, that I found it distracting. However, it did keep me engaged until the end and the mystery was solved. The author threw out a curveball in the last couple of chapters that she never laid the groundwork for, so readers might find that disconcerting.
Absolutely gripping novel, packed to the brim with suspense, unexpected twists, and great characters. I love the use of multiple timelines and plot lines to keep the story moving forward, reveal shocking information, and slowly peel back the layers on the seemingly perfect characters Libby and Sean.

Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher and author for my ARC of this novel.
after reading the preview for this book i was really looking forward to reading it.   Very nice book, wish the timelines would stay on track at times, but overall very good.
Unfortunately this book was disappointing, I could not get into the characters and the story jumped around more than I cared for. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to read the book in advance but this book was not something that I enjoyed.
This was a fantastic book!

A real story of a date night gone horrendously wrong! Libby and Sean seem like a power couple, her a successful caterer and him a much loved local Vet!

The story Starts with Libby being arrested for murder then going back to the night Sasha her babysitter disappeared.

Libby's whole world crumbles the night she is arrested, she thought she knew her husband Sean, but it seems he has lots of secrets of his own! Who can Libby really trust and what really did happen!

This book was too hard to put down and it didn’t disappoint with two shockers at the end!
Date Night

Wow!  This is an absolute gem of a book.
The dual plot starts with Libby being arrested for the murder of her baby sitter, Sasha.  She has no idea why she has been arrested

But then the Before plot line unfolds.  Libby finds a note on her car windscreen saying her husband is having an affair.  She is sure it’s a lie, but the little alarm bells start to ring in her head.

Libby and Sean return from a disastrous date night, that was supposed to prove that the note was a lie, but their babysitter has disappeared in thin air.

What unfolds is not always the truth, often the reader is kept in the dark about what events have happened.  But the plot is fast moving, characters dislikeable and an plot twist that you do not see coming.

Easy 5 stars.
Goodness, this is a difficult one to do justice to! I literally sat, stunned, after finishing it.

The pace starts of slowly, almost agonisingly, after a gripping opening. The tension just builds and builds, making this a real page-turner. I genuinely had no idea what had happened until the jaw dropping twist at the end. There are, in fact, two very unexpected twists at the end.

Fantastically well written, it’s atmospheric and gripping, with such well drawn characters and the perfect setting.

Libby and Sean seem to have the perfect marriage, but as the book progresses we can see that all is perhaps not as it appears, and we see a different side to Sean. But has he anything to do with Sasha’s disappearance? It’s hard to believe that he does, but you begin to doubt everyone as the story unfolds.

Really addictive stuff, it kept me reading late into the night. For anyone who likes a good psychological thriller, do yourself a favour and read this, it’s stunning.
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own

It’s fast paced and intriguing. It’s suspense will keep you up half the night just to finish it. It’s a great book to enjoy on a weekend :)
Really good story! I was completely gripped for the most part, although the ending was a bit obvious.