Cover Image: Date Night

Date Night

Having read some of Sam Hayes other books, I knew this was going to be a great book. I loved the plot and I wasn't disappointed.
I was drawn to this book by the synopsis which made it sound exciting and intriguing.
Over all I enjoyed it BUT I did find it quite hard to follow and found myself getting irritated by Libby's weakness instead of feeling sympathy for her. The storyline didn't have any major twists or turns and I felt the ending was weak. Sorry but not as good as I had hoped.
Libby and Sean Randell were happily married, and now are experiencing some turmoil in their marriage. Both of them have demanding careers: Libby has a gourmet catering business and Sean is the local vet, who is also mostly on-call. They have a lovely four-year old daughter, Alice.

One morning, as Libby is rushing off to work, she spots a note on her car windshield. The words written on that paper will forever change her and their family dynamics: Sean is having an affair.
Libby’s world seems to come crashing down. Is it a joke? Or perhaps it’s a mistake?
Unsure of what to do, she eventually confronts Sean, who vehemently denies it. Things don’t remain the same between them anymore and in an attempt to salvage the situation, they decide on a “date night”. Leaving Alice to their regular babysitter, Sasha, Libby and Sean head off in an attempt to salvage their relationship.

However, things start going awry and very soon they begin to argue (over Sean’s alleged affair) and decide to return home. Once they are back, they realise that something is definitely not right. Alice is sound asleep upstairs but, there's no sign of Sasha.
Libby frantically drives through the neighborhood looking for her. But to no avail. Reluctantly, they call the police and inform her parents.

The book opens with Libby being arrested for Sasha's murder – however, she vehemently denies any knowledge of the same. But is she revealing all that she knows?

Told between the then and the now, and from multiple view-points, this was a fast-paced and brilliant read.
Multiple layers are revealed, and the story unfolds in a breath-taking manner.
However, the plot could have been a little bit more crisp.
The twist in the end, though, is mind-boggling and I didn’t see it coming.
This book was gripping from the start with so many twists and secrets ,  but the killer twist at the end.................... WOW !!!! I  just loved it. Highly recommended . This is another author to go on my favourites list
Thank you so much to NetGalley for the electronic arc.
I'm so late to the party and finally got around to reading this and OMG what the heck took me so long to read it!

This was fantastic.  Its got it all, lies, secrets, mystery and everything else!

Libby and Sean have hit a rough patch in their marriage (as it happens to most).  However, Libby finds a note on her car informing her that Sean is having an affair.  Of course Sean denies it and arranges a night out for them to talk things over.   Its supposed to be a night to patch things up, but the exact opposite happens and the night spins out of control.

They return home to find their trusted baby sitter (and one of libby's employees) Sasha, missing.  Sasha is 17 but regularly babysits for them so they felt comfortable leaving.  Her dinner is half eaten and sits on the table, so something bad has clearly happened.   The thing I loved the most about this book, is that things are not always as they seem.  I was truly surprised with this book and the things that happened in the book.   Great story!
In “Date Night” by Samantha Hayes we are put in the middle of the lives of Libby and Sean.  When they return from a horrible date night to find their babysitter, Sasha, missing.  The rest of the book goes between the “before” and “now” with accusations, lies, the innocent and the guilty participants unraveling.   But maybe secrets are better off left buried.

I received an ARC of this book through Net Galley and this is my honest review.
I loved how dark this story got with these characters that I actually didn't think were flat, they felt like real people. This was my first book from this author but definitely not the last.
Wow what an ending. Absolutely brilliant book and certainly didn't guess the ending at all. Easy five stars. Thank you Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book
At points  I wasn't sure about this book, there seemed to be lots of threads unravelling, but then it all pulled together in a clever way.
I got to about halfway through and couldn't put it down again.
I loved this book. Kept me gripped right thtough trying to work out what had happened. No obvious clues were given away too early and I was shocked by the reveal at the end. A perfect thriller.
My thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for an honest review of “ Date Night “ by Samantha Hayes.
I thoroughly enjoyed  reading this book .I liked the writing style and found it hard to put down.
It kept me guessing right to the end , which I hadn’t seen coming !
I’ll definitely be reading more of Samantha Hayes and be recommending this book to others.
Thankyou to NetGalley,  Bookouture and the author,  Samantha Hayes, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Date Night in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought this book provided a good quick read.
The storyline was well written with compelling characters.
Worth a read for fans of the genre.
Definetly give this 5 stars all the way! A jaw-dropping thriller that has you on the edge! The plot twist at the end was flipping crazy! You wont regret this one!
Sean & Libby have been having some marital problems and decide to go out for a date night. When they get home and find their daughter home alone & the babysitter missing, we are plunged into suspicion. Everyone is acting strange, so many things don’t quite add up and there is no end to the suspicious activity everyone involved is displaying. This book was enjoyable, but some of the descriptive words were majorly overused.
I was iintrigued from the start with Date Night .  The mystery of the missing baby sitter was gripping but for me, the plot became contrived.  A final twist that I certainly didn't see coming!
This ticked all the boxes for me.
For a thriller...

Suspense✔️
Missing person✔️
Psychological thriller✔️
Unputdownable✔️

A couple with everything they needed, nice home, job, child, good marriage until......
𝐀 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

What?!

So there plants the doubt and confusion.
Would you be able to ignore this entirely? Or would you sometimes read into things and wonder if it may be true.

So a date night is planned.
𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌
Badly wrong.

They return home and their young daughter is missing.

Now continues with the reader having 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 under suspicion all the characters look dodgy.

The ending to this book threw me. I couldn’t have guessed this in a zillion years.
A masterpiece of a thriller.

I listened to this on audio and it was GREAT.
"Keeper of all secrets..." ⁣
⁣
This book was full of secrets. Just when you thought a secret would be revealed there would be an interruption either from an event in the storyline or a change in the timeline. My head was racing with ideas of what the secrets were. The ending had a big twist that I did not predict at all. I really enjoyed this book. ⁣
Thank you Netgalley for sending me this arc. I will be reviewing this book in the near future with an honest rating and review.
Second book by this author, first one I liked more.

I do like the way this author writes but the pacing was a bit slow for me. She creates interesting characters. Most of them made me nuts but I believe that was intended. Sean was positively loathsome. Libby was too easily manipulated, weak and dumb (dumb is the worst).

There is a fair amount of stalling and repetition in the middle of the story. Then things do take off and there are quite a few red herrings and twists. The epilogue did take me completely by surprise. Some reviewers really liked it but it left me feeling quite sad.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Bookouture for a copy in exchange for a review.
I wasn’t a massive fan of this book. I hated pretty much all of the characters and we didn’t get to know Sasha enough to make her going missing have much of an effect. Libby was also just plain annoying which made it really hard to feel for her and care about her innocence.

The book switches between past and present so we get to learn more about what happened in the build-up. However, it did get a bit confusing in places. It wasn’t a bad book, just a bit boring. It then went massively downhill at the end. There hadn’t been a single hint about the supposed twist and it all just seemed a bit ridiculous.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review