Cover Image: Date Night

Date Night

A real page turner ! What has happened to Sasha the babysitter? This book takes you on a physiological thriller journey to find out the answer.. one to read for any thriller fans!
Who do you believe when everyone is saying different things?  Libby and Sean go out to try and sort out a few problems, but the real problems begin once the get home to find the babysitter has disappeared.  Libby, forever apologising, appeared to be completely missing a backbone and Sean, who never answered a question if he could look at the ground instead.  This is what I’ll remember about this book, not the plot, not the numerous red herrings.  Definitely intriguing, but not too hard to guess what would happen.  What really kept me reading was to see when or if Libby would get a grip!
I received a free e-copy of Date Night by Samantha Hayes from NetGalley for my honest review.

This book kept me up reading through the night. I just couldn't put it down. It kept me guessing till the very end.

Libby is happily married to her husband, Sean. She loves and trusts him with all her heart. Then one day, she finds a note on the windshield of her car stating that Sean is having an affair. She confronts him about it and he of course, denies it. Libby starts to get paranoid and is questioning her thoughts of her husband's honesty.

One night, they decide to have a date night. The hopes of spending time together and mending the questions and problems they have been having. When they come home from date night, the babysitter is gone and their daughter asleep in her bed with no one home.

They contact the police as the babysitter is missing and everything changes from that point on. So many secrets and lies that you don't know who to believe. A wonderfully explosive thriller!
Libby and her husband Sean have hit a bit of a rough patch. So when Libby finds a note on her car telling her that Sean is having an affair, she begins to doubt his commitment to their marriage.

Sean adamantly denies any infidelity, and in a bid to rekindle the flame, the couple decide to go out for dinner to spend some quality time together. But when Sean refuses to tell Libby who he is texting for the duration of the meal, they end up in an argument and cut the dinner short. But when the pair arrive home, they quickly realise something is very wrong - their babysitter, Sasha, is nowhere to be seen, and Alice, their four year old daughter is alone in the house...

There were elements I really liked about this one, and the premise is terrifying - finding you child home alone, being arrested for a crime you didn't commit, etc. But ultimately I couldn't get past my hatred of the characters. I don't mind a flawed character, but I found it hard to like anything about either Sean or Libby - they weren't a believable couple to me at all, and didn't seem to even like each other most of the time.

The pace was good, the twists were well paced and I liked the ending, though I did see it coming a mile off.
A solid three stars from me on this one -I did enjoy reading it but found it frustrating and the characters underdeveloped.

Thank you to NetGalley who provided me with a free ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Ticked all the mystery/thriller boxes.

Going in you have a nice couple, Libby and Sean go on a date night which is goes pretty bad because SECRETS! They come back and the babysitter is missing. The story begins to unravel at this point. Libby gets in trouble--arrested-- for murder. I really enjoyed the twists which I didn't see coming. I think what makes this book really fun is the way we as readers come into the story, we were shown the past and the aftermath of what happened. While learning the events of what actually happened as we go between both. I think this form of story structure made the biggest impact on the revelation at the end probably why I didn't see it coming too. Enjoyable read truly recommend, it had me hooked.
Having read some of Sam Hayes other books, I knew this was going to be a great book. I loved the plot and I wasn't disappointed.
I was drawn to this book by the synopsis which made it sound exciting and intriguing.
Over all I enjoyed it BUT I did find it quite hard to follow and found myself getting irritated by Libby's weakness instead of feeling sympathy for her. The storyline didn't have any major twists or turns and I felt the ending was weak. Sorry but not as good as I had hoped.
Libby and Sean Randell were happily married, and now are experiencing some turmoil in their marriage. Both of them have demanding careers: Libby has a gourmet catering business and Sean is the local vet, who is also mostly on-call. They have a lovely four-year old daughter, Alice.

One morning, as Libby is rushing off to work, she spots a note on her car windshield. The words written on that paper will forever change her and their family dynamics: Sean is having an affair.
Libby’s world seems to come crashing down. Is it a joke? Or perhaps it’s a mistake?
Unsure of what to do, she eventually confronts Sean, who vehemently denies it. Things don’t remain the same between them anymore and in an attempt to salvage the situation, they decide on a “date night”. Leaving Alice to their regular babysitter, Sasha, Libby and Sean head off in an attempt to salvage their relationship.

However, things start going awry and very soon they begin to argue (over Sean’s alleged affair) and decide to return home. Once they are back, they realise that something is definitely not right. Alice is sound asleep upstairs but, there's no sign of Sasha.
Libby frantically drives through the neighborhood looking for her. But to no avail. Reluctantly, they call the police and inform her parents.

The book opens with Libby being arrested for Sasha's murder – however, she vehemently denies any knowledge of the same. But is she revealing all that she knows?

Told between the then and the now, and from multiple view-points, this was a fast-paced and brilliant read.
Multiple layers are revealed, and the story unfolds in a breath-taking manner.
However, the plot could have been a little bit more crisp.
The twist in the end, though, is mind-boggling and I didn’t see it coming.
This book was gripping from the start with so many twists and secrets ,  but the killer twist at the end.................... WOW !!!! I  just loved it. Highly recommended . This is another author to go on my favourites list
Thank you so much to NetGalley for the electronic arc.
I'm so late to the party and finally got around to reading this and OMG what the heck took me so long to read it!

This was fantastic.  Its got it all, lies, secrets, mystery and everything else!

Libby and Sean have hit a rough patch in their marriage (as it happens to most).  However, Libby finds a note on her car informing her that Sean is having an affair.  Of course Sean denies it and arranges a night out for them to talk things over.   Its supposed to be a night to patch things up, but the exact opposite happens and the night spins out of control.

They return home to find their trusted baby sitter (and one of libby's employees) Sasha, missing.  Sasha is 17 but regularly babysits for them so they felt comfortable leaving.  Her dinner is half eaten and sits on the table, so something bad has clearly happened.   The thing I loved the most about this book, is that things are not always as they seem.  I was truly surprised with this book and the things that happened in the book.   Great story!
In “Date Night” by Samantha Hayes we are put in the middle of the lives of Libby and Sean.  When they return from a horrible date night to find their babysitter, Sasha, missing.  The rest of the book goes between the “before” and “now” with accusations, lies, the innocent and the guilty participants unraveling.   But maybe secrets are better off left buried.

I received an ARC of this book through Net Galley and this is my honest review.
I loved how dark this story got with these characters that I actually didn't think were flat, they felt like real people. This was my first book from this author but definitely not the last.
Wow what an ending. Absolutely brilliant book and certainly didn't guess the ending at all. Easy five stars. Thank you Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book
At points  I wasn't sure about this book, there seemed to be lots of threads unravelling, but then it all pulled together in a clever way.
I got to about halfway through and couldn't put it down again.
I loved this book. Kept me gripped right thtough trying to work out what had happened. No obvious clues were given away too early and I was shocked by the reveal at the end. A perfect thriller.
My thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for an honest review of “ Date Night “ by Samantha Hayes.
I thoroughly enjoyed  reading this book .I liked the writing style and found it hard to put down.
It kept me guessing right to the end , which I hadn’t seen coming !
I’ll definitely be reading more of Samantha Hayes and be recommending this book to others.
Thankyou to NetGalley,  Bookouture and the author,  Samantha Hayes, for the opportunity to read a digital copy of Date Night in exchange for an honest and unbiased opinion.
I thought this book provided a good quick read.
The storyline was well written with compelling characters.
Worth a read for fans of the genre.
Definetly give this 5 stars all the way! A jaw-dropping thriller that has you on the edge! The plot twist at the end was flipping crazy! You wont regret this one!
Sean & Libby have been having some marital problems and decide to go out for a date night. When they get home and find their daughter home alone & the babysitter missing, we are plunged into suspicion. Everyone is acting strange, so many things don’t quite add up and there is no end to the suspicious activity everyone involved is displaying. This book was enjoyable, but some of the descriptive words were majorly overused.
I was iintrigued from the start with Date Night .  The mystery of the missing baby sitter was gripping but for me, the plot became contrived.  A final twist that I certainly didn't see coming!