Cover Image: Date Night

Date Night

This ticked all the boxes for me.
For a thriller...

Suspense✔️
Missing person✔️
Psychological thriller✔️
Unputdownable✔️

A couple with everything they needed, nice home, job, child, good marriage until......
𝐀 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

What?!

So there plants the doubt and confusion.
Would you be able to ignore this entirely? Or would you sometimes read into things and wonder if it may be true.

So a date night is planned.
𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌
Badly wrong.

They return home and their young daughter is missing.

Now continues with the reader having 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 under suspicion all the characters look dodgy.

The ending to this book threw me. I couldn’t have guessed this in a zillion years.
A masterpiece of a thriller.

I listened to this on audio and it was GREAT.
"Keeper of all secrets..." ⁣
⁣
This book was full of secrets. Just when you thought a secret would be revealed there would be an interruption either from an event in the storyline or a change in the timeline. My head was racing with ideas of what the secrets were. The ending had a big twist that I did not predict at all. I really enjoyed this book. ⁣
Thank you Netgalley for sending me this arc. I will be reviewing this book in the near future with an honest rating and review.
Second book by this author, first one I liked more.

I do like the way this author writes but the pacing was a bit slow for me. She creates interesting characters. Most of them made me nuts but I believe that was intended. Sean was positively loathsome. Libby was too easily manipulated, weak and dumb (dumb is the worst).

There is a fair amount of stalling and repetition in the middle of the story. Then things do take off and there are quite a few red herrings and twists. The epilogue did take me completely by surprise. Some reviewers really liked it but it left me feeling quite sad.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Bookouture for a copy in exchange for a review.
I wasn’t a massive fan of this book. I hated pretty much all of the characters and we didn’t get to know Sasha enough to make her going missing have much of an effect. Libby was also just plain annoying which made it really hard to feel for her and care about her innocence.

The book switches between past and present so we get to learn more about what happened in the build-up. However, it did get a bit confusing in places. It wasn’t a bad book, just a bit boring. It then went massively downhill at the end. There hadn’t been a single hint about the supposed twist and it all just seemed a bit ridiculous.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Thank you netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an eARC for Date Night!

This is my first novel by Samantha Hayes, and it did not disappoint. I wish the characters were more likeable; however, the ending was good! It was a twist I did not see coming.
I really enjoyed this book, plenty twists & turns & it keeps you guessing right till the end.  I did not see that one coming!  Amazing read I’d recommend to anyone.
Hayes has another hit!  I loved this book, so absolutely chilling and shocking!  I have loved precious books by this author, so it had some big shoes to fill; but it did so with lots of great twists and turns!  Well written, riveting, and absolutely unputdownable!
Will make sure I buzz it up!
I loved this book. When Libby and Sean return from a date night, they find that their babysitter has vanished, leaving their child alone. We learn more about what had happened to the couple before their date night and we are left with a desire to find out what has happened to the babysitter and who might be hiding secrets.
It’s a real page turner whilst you are racing to find out what happened. You don’t know what to believe or what to expect next.
A great read. Twists and turns at every opportunity. If you like suspense then here is a book for you.
Babysitter has gone missing and Libby (wife) is arrested for her murder. But is it really as clear cut as that. Is it that simple?
Secrets are uncovered, hearts a broken. But there is so much more to this,
Thank you to both NetGalley and Bookoutre for gifting me this book in exchange for my honest unbiased review
Flippin Fantastic! Date Night is so insanely twisted you'll never see the ending coming! Compelling, twisted and fast-paced, this book was one I did not want to stop reading! Starting out, I thought this would be just another thriller in a sea of thrillers with similar themes, but no! As I got deeper into the story I found this one to be very hard to put down!

Libby and Sean Randell are living the perfect life with their daughter Alice till one day Libby receives a note on her car telling her that her husband Sean is having an affair! At first, Libby laughs it off as a prank by local kids, but as time passes, Libby notices the small changes in Sean's behavior. Is it the stress of being a vet on call constantly or is Sean having an affair. Sean assures Libby that there's nothing for her to worry about. To put matters to rest, Sean and Libby go out on a Date Night and arrange to have Sasha babysit Alice for them. Sasha is a sweet, responsible teenager who also helps out Libby with her business most of the days. Over time Libby and Sasha have developed a close relationship with Sasha looking to Libby as a maternal figure in her life. So when Libby returns home to find Sasha missing, she's shocked that the responsible girl she's come to trust so much would just disappear leaving Alice alone in the house! Over the next few days with the police going through every single detail of their lives, Libby finds herself being suspected of Sasha's disappearance. Is Libby really innocent? And where did Sasha really go?

The characters of this book are brilliant. Their responses to certain situations are so realistic and natural this does not feel like fiction. The plot is incredible and layered with so many twists that are unraveled slowly and it sheer joy to watch them unfold. It makes this book very unputdownable. What a fantastic book! Highly recommend!!
This is my first book by Samantha Hayes and I'm very impressed with her work. I will be picking up other thrillers by Sam for sure!

Thank you, NetGalley, Bookouture and Samantha Hayes for an arc!
Oh my gosh what a wild ride this was. The wife is blamed for the murder of the babysitter and no one will believe she is innocent so many secrets in this book. Samantha Hayes books are always must reads for me and I have enjoyed them all. Thank you NetGalley.
I received this book for free in return for my honest opinion.

I really enjoyed this book. I've read some of Samantha Hayes books before, I've liked some more than others but the books are worth the read.  This book is worth the read.

Libby and her husband Sean came home from a date night to find the babysitter gone and their daughter in the house all alone.

Neither of them can imagine what has happened but Libby can't trust her husband Sean. She got a note that he's cheating on her and he denies everything.

This is a very good psychological thriller. I don't want to give too much away but it's worth the read. I couldn't put it down.
I was happy to read Date Night in exchange for an honest review as I was intrigued by the description.  Being in the mood for a fictional beach read, I grabbed Samantha Hayes book and dove in.  The notion that one would come home and find their babysitter missing and then be arrested for the crime has a juicy read feel to it.  I liked the short chapters and the way the author changed the time period from before the event until after, bouncing through the chapters.  I did find it confusing, however, when she threw in another time period into the mix which caused me to stop and figure out where in the story I was at the time.  I felt that I was bite fed pieces of the story to get my attention focused on potential suspects which I enjoyed.  I was looking forward to the ending to finally discover which one was the perp only to have a twist from left field thrown in.  Character development was off mark in spots and our lead was at times pathetic and unbelievable.  Overall, a good read!
The premise of this novel was intriguing and I was hoping for gut-punching twists and a tense read but unfortunately it didn’t measure up to my expectations.
The writing was overall okay but some aspects of it annoyed me. I was mainly confused about the ‘now and then’ style of the narration. The two time-settings were sometimes mixed up and it often misled me. I had to go back at some point to make sure of the time-frame of the narration. I also felt like the author was trying too hard to misdirect her audience. The plot dragged on at times.
When the double mysteries unfolded, I felt a bit let down because nothing was leading up to that conclusion. There weren’t enough hints for the reader to guess the twists.
The revelations dropped unexpectedly and I wasn’t convinced by them.
The characters were not likeable. Libby was whining most of the times. She isn’t a reliable narrator. I thought that she often overreacted and acted crazy.
Sean’s was a huge ‘No’ for me. I hated him; he appeared to be a cold and brutal husband, neglecting Libby’s wellbeing for his own good. The reasons behind his acts were not convincing.
Sasha’s disappearance was not heart-breaking because we didn’t get to know her that much and that’s a pity.
I didn’t connect with any of the characters and I didn’t really care to what happened to them.
The last chapter was not enough to wrap things up, I was missing some reactions from other characters.
Overall, this is a basic domestic thriller, quite forgetful. I wasn’t kept on the edge of my seat. I wish I would have liked it more.
Thanks to NetGalley, publisher and author to allow me to get a free copy of this book for review. This story shocks from the start, when the police arrested a woman for murder. Turns out this is Libby, a previously happy wife and mother, owner of a booming catering business. She loves her husband, their daughter and her work. One day somebody leaves a note on  her car that says her husband is cheating on her. This event started a spectacular chain of events that kept revealing twist after twist. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more from the author.
I really enjoyed this story although it took a bit of time to hot up. I was intrigued through out and it kept my attention. I would recommend this book and the author to other readers.
*Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.* What a deliciously thrilling book. 'Date Night' kept me absolutely enraptured from the very start, right until the thrilling conclusion. Libby and Sean head down to the local pub for a date night, leaving teenaged baby-sitting Sasha at home to look after their four-year-old daughter, Alice. When they get back after dinner, they find Alice home alone, with Sasha nowhere to be seen. They search the house and surrounding area frantically, to no avail. Fast-forward a few days and despite the lack of body, Libby finds herself arrested for Sasha's murder. Each chapter brought fresh intrigue and plenty of twists and turns.
Libby and Sean are madly in love, or so she thinks until she finds a note announcing his infidelity. Eventually they go on a date and leave 17 year old, Sasha, babysitting their young daughter but when they get home, Sasha, has disappeared. Soon Libby is arrested for murder but is everything as it seems!

Another cracker from Samantha! I bloody love her books and this was brilliant! Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 1/2

Libby and Sean go on a date night to resolve their differences in marriage but the night doesn't go as planned and they end up arguing and leaving early. Things go bad from worse when they get home to find their daughter all alone and the babysitter Sasha is nowhere to be found . Days later, Libby is arrested for Sasha's murder, and although she insists that she is innocent no one believes her. She tells them she didn't hurt Sasha .. but no one is listening to her. What really did happen that night and does Libby know more than she is letting on ?

Date Night by Samantha Hayes is a fast paced novel with great characters and is an excellent psychological thriller with lots of secrets and twists and turns to discover that keeps misleading the reader. I thought I had guessed the ending but I couldn’t be more wrong and never saw it coming . Highly recommend!

I would like to thank Bookouture & NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest and fair review.