Cover Image: Date Night

Date Night

Couple goes out for a date, hire their usual babysitter, then get home to find her stuff but she's nowhere to be seen...

Well written, interesting storyline and characters, kept me guessing until the end.  Not one I could guess everything so I loved it!

Goes from past to present, you get to learn little to little, very clever.  More things, secrets, are revealed as the story progresses.

Secrets... good plot, you don't know who you can trust...

I loved the summary, and the mysterious cover.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC of this book.  This is my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
Samantha Hayes is a new author for me and after reading Date Night I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.
Libby finds a note on her windscreen that rocks her idilic world apart "your husband is having an affair ".
Set in a village deep in the country side Sean her husband is a vet and she runs a small private catering business. Sean adamantly denies the affair and they decide to go out for dinner to put the rumour to bed. Date Night is a disaster and when they return home the babysitter is missing having left their young daughter home alone.
Great storyline unfolds with a twist to end all twists.
Thank you for the opportunity to read this book and I really enjoyed it, I didn't know who to trust or what to believe and wow what a ending kept me. Guessing all the way through
Wow, what a fantastic read!  I have been a fan of Samantha Hayes for a number of years and I think this book is one of her best. Libby’s world is shattered when she finds a note on her car windscreen that accuses Sean, her husband, of having an affair.  After challenging him, he denies it and arranges a date night leaving their daughter Alice with Sasha, a teenage babysitter.  The date night doesn’t go as planned and after arguing they leave the restaurant early.  On arriving home they find that Sasha has disappeared leaving Alice alone in the house in bed and leaving her phone and bag behind.  Libby goes out looking for her but in the end the police are called in and Sasha is declared a missing person.  A few days later, after investigating the case, Libby is taken in for questioning pending a murder charge. The book is told in two timelines the present and the past and is narrated by Libby and involves secrets, lies and jealousy.  It is a rollercoaster of a read with so many surprises, twists and turns and a totally unexpected ending.  A fabulous read.
Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
A well plotted good read.  When I tried to explain the book to my husband I realised that the essential part of the story didn’t really stand up but I liked the fact that this information was withheld until the end which did give me a WTF moment, I still felt the ending was too rushed and I didn’t particularly like or care about any of the characters.
Sadly, this book didn't work for me. I was confused for half of the book, everything was going anywhere, assumptions were made and refuted... I was so lost, I didn't enjoy how the plot unfolded. And this plot! It's something. Sooooo far from being what I was thinking. I'm happy to have finished it, though. I really wanted to know how it was going to end....

Many thanks to Bookouture for the e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Libby & Sean are busy people. They live in a chocolate box cottage & have a beautiful daughter. Sean is a busy vet & Libby is a chef, catering for dinner parties & the like. Often they have little time for themselves. After Libby finds a note saying Sean is having an affair they have some talking to do. Going out for a dinner together seemed a great idea but the night is cut short by another row. When they return to the house there is no sign of the babysitter.

The author keeps you on your toes by switching timelines gradually revealing clues. This ensures that you are going nowhere until know what really happened. I was not expecting the end at all. I finished it by yelling at the book- "You can't just stop there!!!"

I'm a great fan of Samantha Hayes & this one definitely doesn't disappoint. Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
Date Night takes a common story - a relationship on the rocks - and turns it into a murder mystery/thriller with a truly surprising ending.

Throughout the book, I put several of the pieces together. However, I had no idea what the final twist would be, nor did I figure out one of the key players in the murder of Sasha, a teenage babysitter.

Is the husband really cheating? Is he responsible for the murder? Is the wife an unreliable narrator? And what’s up with the ex-wife? These questions and many more will swirl through your head as Sasha’s fate is slowly revealed.

Date Night is a page-turner that will keep you guessing. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing a copy. This review contains my honest, unbiased opinion.
Great book.   Had me guessing all the way through.  Goes back and forth from present to past. I certainly did not see the ending coming. Secrets kept by family members are revealed as the book goes on, paving the way for the final shocking ending !
I loved the premise of this book. It starts off with Libby being arrested for the possible murder of her babysitter Sasha. Intrigue!

The book jumps back and forth from the past to the present, building up through Libby's point of view of what happened and then going back to Libby being interrogated by the police.

At first I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't figure out how on earth Libby could be arrested for the murder but I couldn't stop moving through the novel because I had to figure it out.

Unfortunately, as the novel went on I began to really dislike Libby. She's just... annoying. She lets her husband push her around and tell her what to do, and I felt like she had no backbone and no way to make any decisions for her own. Just once I wanted her to do the right thing but she kept doing all the wrong things.

I ended up skimming over the last part of this book, simply wanting to know the answer to what really happened. I think my dislike for Libby really got in the way of me enjoying this novel. It was just so so.

Maybe next time.
Date Night by Samantha Hayes is a novel about secrets and how they can tear families apart. After going out to dinner one night as an attempt to fix their marriage, a couple returns home to find their young child alone and the babysitter missing. What happened to Sasha?

This was a really good thriller, I loved that each time I thought I had it figured out something else changed.

I would definitely recommend this to thriller lovers!!

5 stars!
I really enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting.  Great characters and a great plot line.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone.
I absolutely loved and adored this book. It is so well written and there are twists in the plot all the time. Samantha Hayes for sure never disappoints. She has become one of my favourite authors. Whenever I need a good mystery/thriller book, I simply choose one of hers.
This started out really strong and then at the end, I felt really let down.

The book revolves around a family, Libby being the protagonist and POV. It starts in the present moment and then the book flips between past and present (which I do enjoy). Libby finds a note on her windshield that states, "Sean is having an affair" and the plot kicks off immediately from there. The plot being the family's babysitter goes missing while they are out at dinner trying to reconnect after the fall out from the note.

I saw similarities between this and B.A Paris' book, "The Breakdown." I felt like her husband, Sean, was trying to make Libby seem crazy for believing the note and after so long of hearing Sean saying she was acting crazy, she in turn starts acting "crazy.". The timeline of the story is set over the course of 24 hours or so and it is filled with tension and drama. I did enjoy that aspect of it a lot; Samantha kept you on your toes.

Without giving anything away, what disappointed me was that you find things out at the end, that were not made know at the time of the event. The story was wonderful and gripped you from the beginning, kept you guessing as to what was really going on but with the missing pieces and the lack of information needed to understand the ending; It felt a bit rushed.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
While this story did keep me on my toes, the writing was sub par. The characters were not likable and dialog was unbelievable. .
I have enjoyed all of Samatha Hayes work so I was excited to read her newest book Date Night!  This book was super easy to get into .... than it just sort of lost me ... I think this book could have had great potential but it fell flat to me.
Date Night by Samantha Hayes was an enjoyable and easy read. The story is told by Libby in two different timelines, when she has been arrested for the murder of Sasha and the events leading up to her arrest. I was hooked from the first chapter and this book kept me guessing to the very end. I’ve read one other Samantha Hayes book and have a few in my TBR pile so will definitely be reading those soon.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for a copy of this ebook in exchange for my honest review.
I loved Samantha’s last book, so I was really excited to read this one. Unfortunately I had to abandon this one early on. I just found some of the actions/emotions and escalation thereof not believable and it drove me crazy. I will try to finish this at a later date, but putting it aside for now. I do appreciate this arc and thank the publisher and netgalley for it in exchange of an honest review.
This book had me all sorts of confused. I do have to say I was definitely never sure who I thought did it. Kept me on my toes. I know the point was to not make you think you had it figured out but the contradiction between what happened and what really happened is confusing to me.  I enjoyed this book a lot but just didn’t really understand what was happening. Don’t really know how to rate it.  I’m torn. 3.5 stars.
Read all my reviews at https://brainfartsandbooks.wordpress.com

Libby and Sean's marriage is on the rocks. Sean suggests just the two of them going out to dinner on a date night. They hire their regular babysitter, Sasha, to come and babysit their daughter Alice. But the evening ends in disaster as Libby and Sean get into an argument at the restaurant and they return home before the night is over only to find that Sasha is gone. Her school books and phone and other personal belongings are all there but there is no sign of Sasha. Alice, however, is safe and sleeping in her bed.

This book is a fantastic read with some really questionable characters such as Sean's ex wife, Natalie, and even his mother and father. I thought Sasha's parents also acted a bit strange seeing that it was their daughter who had gone missing. This book kept me guessing until the end. Extremely well-written with a fantastic twist at the end.

Thank you to Netgalley, Samantha Hayes, and Bookouture for my ARC in exchange for an honest review.