Essential Oils for the Whole Body

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 02 Sep 2019

A great reference book with good information. Does not do a whole description of essential oils, rather it does talk about things like safety, blending, absorption and other topics. Nicely done for those who want an expanded knowledge and resource for oil work.
This book is far more detailed than most I’ve picked up regarding essential oils. It has lots of clinical information including anatomy and cells, etc. While I found it quite interesting I also thought it might be more than some are looking for.

If that’s the case, don’t worry. The book covers lots more. I’m sure one of the sections will be a fit for you. There are wonderful descriptions of essential oils and how they are most effectively used. She even details the colors, chakras, gemstones, and crystals that correspond with each oil.

There are charts detailing what oils work best on certain ailments. And finally, what I found most interesting were the instructions for making creams, ointments, and more. And since I diffuse oils more than anything else there is a helpful section on combining oils.

The book is extremely thorough and covers nearly every topic. For those who like the in and outs and whys, this should be a perfect book.

Thank you to #NetGalley and #HealingArts for my ARC copy. All thoughts expressed in this review are my own.

What Concerned Me:
The clinical information was more than I would look for in a book, but I did find it interesting.

What I Liked Most:
For those looking for an all-inclusive book regarding essential oils, this is it. There were lots of illustrations and charts which were very helpful. And the information about combining oils and recipes for lotions etc. was very informative.
Enjoyed this book. Was very factual and easy to read. Lots of knowledge to absorb with this one but laid out to make it easy to read!
Thank you to Net Galley and To the publisher for this opportunity.  My review opinions are my own.

I am a avid believer in using essential oils in many different aspects of body health and home use so I was thrilled to receive this book for review.. What I found here is a great " complete education " on Essential Oils . The author has included blending of oils, safety as well as even the chemical contents which are good to know for those of us that use oils in our daily lives. I highly recommend the  instructions for making creams, ointments and  skin care products which was so fun to learn so much more then I knew. The recipes are brilliant and easy to follow., There is also information on diffusing oils which I am already using and enjoying.

A "definitive" book on essential oils this book I highly recommend for all who use oils and wish to educate themselves on both the oils, the process and the creation of recipes.  Out of all the books on Essential Oils I have read over the years this is my favorite.
Thank you Netgalley for a review copy of this book.

This is a useful anthology of essential oils and techniques. Well illustrated and had some lovely recipes. Cover picture was a little boring but in the whole not a bad example of an essential oil dictionary.
I have been using essential oils for a while and I love blending and using them for different purposes.

When I saw this book, I was very eager to know the properties of every oil,how to apply them properly and get easy to understand insights.

The book is very detailed, both from a chemical and properties’ point of view.
Focusing on 15 oils,the author offers an in-depth description of the topical use and the benefits of every oil.

The book is indeed well researched and written,however I would use it as a reference or as a manual for a health practitioner rather than someone who is simply discovering essential oils as it could get a bit too clinical and specific.
Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book on essential oils for my honest review. I've been using oils for a few years but realize I have a lot to learn. This book is very thorough and is almost a bit too clinical for my tastes as a non-clinician. I did like the background on each of the oils and where they come from. I also appreciated the recipes using the oils. I would recommend this book for anyone who wants a really in depth education on essential oils. It's a great reference book.
I really looked forward to reading this book. But it was impossible because  every little bit  the page was covered with a warning i suppose that covered half the paragraph or more. This  was too aggravating to deal with. I would not  recommend this and i cannot believe the good reviews it's getting.

Could not see the written words because of publishers writing over top of them. If you don't want this book read and reviewed then don't offer it. It is too aggravating to try to descipher what might be under the giant warning.

This was an arc from the publisher and i would not recommend it if the publisher is going to cover up the words.
This is my opinion freely given.
I love essential oils and have used them for a few years. Unfortunately for me I’m lazy and never properly learned all the different types and the uses. This book is a good guide and it was nice to finally learn all about them and it’s various uses and it also provided some good insight into them.
This is a very detailed book about essential oils. I have to be honest part of the book felt more like a health textbook for my taste, but the latter part of the book is what redeemed it for me. The book included several charts of what oil will work for which ailment. Also if you are interested in crystals the book tells you which oil and crystal work best together. Also, there is a section to tell you how to make creams, ointments, lotions, etc.

I voluntarily agreed to read a copy of this book supplied by Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own and in no way have been influenced.
I have been using essential oils for a while, but usually just in a diffuser. I just recently started using them topically so I was very interested to read more about their different uses. This book was really interesting and contained a lot of information about a very wide variety of essential oils and ways they can be helpful. I would recommend this book for anymore who is interested in learning more about essential oils and/or more holistic heath approaches.
I have used a few essential oils and wanted to learn more about using them effectively.  This is a very detailed and technical book. There is an anatomy lesson including a discussion of cell types in chapter one that I felt went into far greater detail than necessary. The book includes information on blending and using oils safely.
Certain essential oils are profiled, including chemical constituents, in a separate section that could be used as a reference. The final chapter has instructions for making creams, ointments, roller bottles, etc. There is also information on diffusing oils.  I would recommend this book for healthcare professionals or those who want all the technicalities on the hows and whys of essential oils.
3 stars
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an e-arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a great book! It could be your all telling oil book. I learned so much about the oils that I didn’t already know
Could not download book ++++++++++++=====+======+==+++++++++++++++++++++try several times
And would not download
I am new to using essential oils and am glad that this book has most of the information we need. It includes detailed information, pictures, and even some recipes. I'm glad I gave this book a shot. Will definitely be using some of the concepts and recipes.
The contents of this book is full of very descriptive information about essential oils. It would make a great reference book in any home as well as the local public library. This book would also be a well-used addition to any person wanting a more in-depth knowledge of oils. It will also help those like me who dally somewhat with oils but do not fully comprehend all the intricacies. Might keep someone like me from handling the oils improperly. Not an easy read but well worth exploring the material.
I received a free book from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
This ARC was courtesy of netgalley - all thoughts and opinions are mine and unbiased

At last, a book with everything in it you need regarding essential oils.  Descriptions are good, how to use great, and even recipes included, including lovely pictures

A brilliant, useful book