Love, Michael

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2020

I really enjoyed this book. It was filled with hardships and love. It showed that if you are meant to be with someone you will always find your way back home to them. I would definitely recommend this book to someone who was interested. I would definitely read it again.
Interesting plot, but so many grammatical errors. I also couldn’t look past how awful Michael was. I feel like it wasn’t very realistic. Also jumps around which can be confusing.
What a beautiful love story.  Everyone deserves a second chance.
I would recommend this book.
Thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review
Captivating, emotional in so many ways romance story. Strong intriguing characters. Well written book. I enjoyed reading it. It is a pleasure to read this advanced reader's copy of this book. I have voluntarily reviewed this book.
Wow. I finished this practically in one sitting, crying through most of it. Some happy tears and some tears that made my heart hurt. What a beautiful story, and so much more relateable than many stories out there now. If this is based on real-life experiences, I hope the author continues to find happiness.
Wow, where to start.  This book had me laughing and crying.  This book isn't your typical romance book.  It's about young love, and how we can destroy what we love most.  I was completely surprised by the ending.   Jill and Michael's love story is so well told.  I love how Gina Jones switched between the then and now parts of their lives.  Although this book is about loss, it's also about forgiveness and starting anew.  Gina Jones says this is based on her life story, and I'm so thankful she opened her heart to share her story.  Really loved this book!
Jill thinks of years past as her daughter Monica prepares to marry. The positive pregnancy test, the ultrasound showing us she was a girl, the day she was born. Her first birthday, her first day of school, I am pretty sure that was the day she learned about divorce. Her first crush, her HS graduation. Than today- which will be the last day of only her and me. It hurts, but it feels good to know she has a man-jordan- who loves her to death. Than it’s time for pictures But Monica tells her bridesmaid Chelsea she wanted a minute with her mom. It shocked me that her father came today and Monica is worried it will bother me. But I reassured her that I was fine. Than the pictures are taken and Monica wants  a lot of her and I. I wonder how my smile will be when she poses with her father- a stranger. Than the photographer stood at the door and said Michael wants pictures of Monica and me. It’s been twenty years since we last saw each other. Michael said my name and reached for my hand. I wondered was this a joke? Than after some pictures of the tree of us Michael asks for some pictures of us two. He had dropped thirty grand on the wedding Monica had reached out to him on Facebook and asked if he would come to the wedding. Next thing I knew he told her the sky was the limit. Than- her brother Scott picked her up from school and said he had to stop to see a friend from college-Michael. Jill was seventeen. She had dozed off in the car and then Scott introduced her to Michael. He was gorgeous. What seemed like a chance meeting turned into a life of michael coming and going the rest of my life. As i watched Monica go down the aisle on Michaels arm I felt my whole messed up life with him was worth it. Scott had stepped in to be Monica dad for the moist part and was suppose to walk her down the aisle I hoped he’d keep it together until the reception was over and Monica and Jordan were gone. I had learned from Michael the worst thing you could ask of another was let me love you.
I had mixed feelings on this book. I loved Jill’s and Monica’s relationship. But I would have liked a different ending. I also would have liked Jill to have a little more backbone. At times this dragged for me but I still read on. I don’t really like going back and forth between past and future a lot. I didn’t understand Jill actually feeling hope at the wedding after all Michael had put her through. Why did Monica contact her father when she had a loving uncle her was her father figure as well as her grandfather?  I could see wanting to meet him but at your wedding? Anyway I also hate cheating and lying and all the pain it causes. I just thought it was a little cold the way Monica ignored her uncle and went to her father. But this was a pretty good book putting all that aside but far from a favorite. As you can tell I had mixed feelings on this book.
I really don’t know what I expected from Love, Michael, but I was left with mixed feelings as I detest lying and cheating and find these attributes impossible to forgive. The story did draw me in, but I really can’t say that I was happy with the ending, and found the emotional rollercoaster somewhat disconcerting. I’m sure others will find this book amazing, but for me it was just OK.
-Doormat heroine
-Abusive, cheating, unredeemable hero
-So many other things I can’t go into without completely spoiling this book
-I only gave it two stars because at least the heroine gets an ending she somewhat deserves.