Cover Image: More Than Just Mum

More Than Just Mum

I LOVED this book.  Hannah was one of the most relatable characters I have read in quite some time.  Her quest to find herself while supporting her family financially and raising her children is hilarious, and her story is one I am sure many mothers can relate to on multiple levels.  My only complaint is that the cover doesn't do this book justice.  There is more incite and great writing in the pages of this book than the pink cover might lead you to believe.

I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.
I liked the fact this book was light hearted and could laugh out loud with things mentioned. Loved the way it was written! Definitely a beach read :)
This book was so good! I will recommend it to everyone who comes into the store because I think it will end up on my favorites of the year list.
Nice feel good book. It flowed very well. was easy to read. Nice characters. Good storyline. What’s not to love.
An entertaining and engrossing read that made me laugh out loud and fall in love with the characters.
I loved the style of writing and I hope to read another work by this author soon.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
A great read - good feel good laugh out loud!!
Hannah a bored Mum and part time teacher falls upon an idea to write a book - erotica !!
I chuckled as I read this book - encouraged my her husband Nick we see the plot for her novel unfold with comic genius
A lovely light hearted read that will resonate with most mums in terms of regaining your own identity outside your mum role, the importance of good friends (and alcohol) and the realisation of your dreams.
very funny, very true to life (in parts at least!) and very easy to read. A great one for on the beach!
This book really took my fancy by the title and cover if the book and it didn't let me down at all and was so funny and such an easy quick read.  Hannah was so relatable and you feel for her so much. So realistic and full of a mother who is a teacher but at a crossroads can she decide what to do next it's a brilliant read.

Hannah is a mother of three teaching English to a very difficult class and her children are growing up and giving her grief and she's come to a crossroads in life and really isn't sure what to do.  She wants more from life and decides to write a book can she make a go of the book and it will be a sexy book as well and will she be able to get it published or not and will her job come to an end or will her contact continue. What does Hannah really want from life.

Worth far more than five stars brilliant.
We have children and suddenly we’re supposed to put all our wants and needs on the shelf, to take care of the new bundle of joy. Don’t get me wrong, we wouldn’t have it any other way, but we have the promise, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that eventually it gets a little easier and one day we’ll have time for ourselves... Thing is generally we don’t. Each stage and phase leads into another. Sometimes we have to grab a few minutes for ourselves because we are more than just Mum!
I laughed my self silly at this book. It's the type of books that makes you smile while reading it. Parts of this book are very true to the life of a Mum even if it did make me dread my little one growing up. Very well written and  heartfelt without being too emotional.
I'll be keeping a eye out for more of her stuff
Funny heartwarming light read..  perfect for an easy holiday read! One that every mum can relate to !
#morethanjustmum #rebeccasmith #netgalleyreview #arc #bookstagram #books #booksofinstagram #Netgalley this book was definitely relatable for me. As a mom with children reaching the age of being ready to leave the nest, knowing all, and still having that "baby" in the family. When we turn forty, we as mums, tend to lose our sense of identity. Especially when our kids no longer "want/need" us. We all envision ourselves as who we thought we would be versus the reality of who we've become. This was an adorable story of the trials and tribulations of motherhood. It's been a long time since I openly laughed out loud while reading a book. I couldn't help it. This author takes you on a journey and soon you are enraptured in these lives. It's definitely a must read for all of us.
This was a very cute novel with an exciting group of characters. The storyline flow was seamless. Highly recommended.
I must admit that I'm not the target reader here, however the synopsis looked interesting. I found it difficult to get into initially however persevered and was rewarded with a story that did grow on me.
Hannah is a biology teacher who ends up teaching English part time, which she doesn't particularly enjoy. She decides to look into another job that she can do last time, partly to earn some much needed money but also for her own self - confidence.
I won't spoil the story by saying what she finally settled on, however this did start taking up the humour.
A funny, great read. It’s writing style is such that you cannot help but fall in love with the characters-but it is also written in such a way that you could be mistaken and think it’s a non fiction read.
Thank you to both NetGalley and One more chapter for gifting me this book in exchange for my review
Hannah Thompson, wife, mother, teacher and friend. Wants more from life, to be more than those thing's. Who can blame her? Right? We all want to live our best life be something more than those labels.

A fabulously funny and dynamic read. A great cast of loveable and endearing characters. A story told from everyday life that you just can't help but relate to, cocky teenagers, family pets, disasters,calamity and love. I really hope that there is going to be more from this family because the author briefly touched on Hannah's mum I would love to see more of her. I dare you to read every chapter without breaking in to fits of laughter. It's a hoot.
What an absolutely fabulous book! I loved this from start to finish. Light hearted and humorous, and so typical of families these days!
This book was so much fun! I enjoyed reading it immensely and I was sad when it was over.
I could relate with Hannah on many levels as the description of her home life and how she felt often mirrored my own.
Hannah is in her forties, happily married and mother to three children: two teens and a ten year old.  She's stuck in a job that she doesn't enjoy but needs, and fears she might be about to lose it.
She's tired of being "just mum" so she sets out to reinvent herself. She reads the Fifty Shades trilogy and thinks it can't be that hard to write erotic fiction, right? So she sets out to write her first novel.

Rebecca Smith's narrative is engaging, full of laugh out loud moments. I didn't find myself counting pages or wishing the story would move on already. Her characters are believable, soemetimes a bit over the top (Miriam), but overall, believable.  I look forward to reading more from this author!

Thanks to Netgalley, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads for the ARC and One More Chapter for the invitation.
I loved this book so much! I wish it had gone on for so much longer. It was hilarious and fun and a quick read. I flew through it and I enjoyed every second of it. I'm not a mother, but Hannah was so relatable anyway. As an aspiring writer myself, I really empathized with her as she was struggling to write her book.

Pretty much every aspect of this book was very appealing to me. The cover is cute, the story takes place in Britain, the narrator is funny and relatable. It reminded me a little bit of a Meg Cabot book, in the best way.

I really, really loved this book and I can't wait for it to be published so I can own a hard copy of it.
43 year old Hannah Thompson, teacher of year 9 English (the horror!) and mother of teenagers (argh!) crashes into a mid-life crisis when he career is threatened and her eldest begins college preparations.  Under the drunken influence of her bestie and with the unwavering support of her husband, she attempts to jump on the "Fifty Shades" bandwagon by writing an erotic novel.

Attempts to.  Hannah is a middle-class British woman to whom the topic of sex is verboten and much hilarity ensues on her quest to research and create a sex goddess.

This was a light, easy read that explores themes of identity (or lack thereof) after children, and the eternal struggle to fit in.

It was an enjoyable enough read, although I found the pacing a little choppy in parts (entire chapters were dedicated to particular mishaps that never got mentioned again), and sometimes the humour fell short for me.

Overall, a pleasant enough read for the "chick-lit" genre.  3 stars