Cover Image: More Than Just Mum

More Than Just Mum

Enjoyed from beginning to end fly like I knew these characters could relate to their lives their were moments that I couldn’t help but laugh out loud wonderful read.#netgalley#harperimpulse
I absolutely loved this funny, easy to read, feel good book.
Hannah is wife to Nick, mother to 3 children and part time teacher. After a reshuffle at the school, biology teacher Hannah suddenly finds herself teaching English to unruly class
After reading a series of books leant to her from a friend, and in an attempt to bring in more money, Hannah decides to write a book...... in erotic humour.
This book made me laugh out loud as Hannah balances research for her new book  alongside the trials of raising teenagers. Really warm characters, a book that left you with a smile and great feeling of well being.
The title of this book and the blurb really appealed to me, particularly being a mum of a certain age with older children so I couldn’t wait to start reading it!
Funny, realistic and totally relatable, I raced through this book as I couldn’t wait to see what would happen next!
Hannah a perimenopausal mother of three, wife of nick, walker of the dog and part time English teacher is at a crossroads in her life, teenage children giving her grief, her class of unruly children making teaching impossible and the need to earn more money, all conspire to get her to make a change in her life! Hannah decided to write a book and not just any book a book of a certain genre, the ensuing period of writing is hilarious and will make you laugh out loud as we follow Hannah and her long suffering husband nick as they research information for her book! A great lighthearted lively read that many women will relate to! Thank you net galley for introducing me to this new author!
More Than Just Mum by Rebecca Smith is a highly enjoyable read that had me laughing out load more often than not.  Ms Smith has succeeded in creating a character that is not only hilarious, but also hugely relatable to any working mother.

Hannah Brown is a wife, mother, and part-time English teacher who, although content with her life for the most part, needs to find a way to reconnect with the woman that she was before becoming known primarily as 'Mum'.  After being introduced to the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy, Hannah decides that she should try her hand at erotic fiction because, really, how difficult can it be?  The resulting efforts are hysterical, and Hannah's engaging voice will have you rooting for her until the very end.  Recommended.

Many thanks to NetGalley, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads, and One More Chapter for this ARC.
Loved it!! This book really draws you into the characters world and shows you around. The people are believable in such a way they could be you or your neighbors. So many good things with this book!!