The Boy Without Love

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 23 Aug 2019

A great read. Well written. Recommended
Thank you to both NetGalley and mirror books for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my review
As a victim of domestic violence and abuse I applaud the author for writing about his own personal and heartfelt experiences.
The portrayal of his mother was quite hard to digest as I have similar feelings growing up unloved, unwanted, and discarded now well into adulthood.
So yes, I can relate on many levels but for me the connection to his current life on the farm and the animals interaction took away from the original importance of the book in addressing his own needs and creating a form of closure for him.
So for that reason it was an unusual read and one that I wanted to love more than what I ultimately did because of the farm animals and the discussions pertaining to their interactions.
Thank you for this ARC in exchange for this honest review via NetGalley.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is such a sad memoir mixed with funny and deep thinking thoughts along with the love of farm animals. I enjoyed how the flashbacks and analysis were told during the current care of his farm. I highly recommend this memoir to everyone.
This book was hard for me to read. It was so sad and I felt for Simon, the many things he endured. The writting is raw, and you can feel it as you read it. This is probably one of the best Memoirs I've read in a while. I even shed a tear a few times. Big hugs to you Simon Dawson.

Rating 4
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley.

this memoir was everything.    It definitely captured the setbacks / disappointments / hardships in life.
i'll be checking out other items by this author.
The author wrote a memoir that perfectly captured the triumphs and setbacks of their life.  It was easy to empathize with the author due to the raw writing.
This made me cry.... a very honest and open account of a true story. Simon you are so loved and nothing you did or said wasn’t  the reason your mum couldn’t show you love. Hope the fact you’ve been able to put your feelings and thoughts into words will help you move forward with your life.
I thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book. This author was new to me and I was not let down. It was a great story and very well written. The characters were easy to relate to and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend this to everyone!!
What a moving memoir!

Simon Dawson vividly recounts his childhood with a mother who did not mother. Thankfully the story was counterbalanced by the narrative of the present and his amazing wife Debbie, his best human friend Ziggy and a farm full of devoted animals.

While Simon’s childhood will break your heart, there is so much here to enjoy and love.

Highly recommended.