Cover Image: Their Last Breath

Their Last Breath

Six women are found chained and burned to death inside an old abandoned building. Retired detective Warren Carter is called back to the force to investigate a corrupt police officer. He will have to work out who to trust when the truth is guarded by his own colleagues.

This was a taut thriller, well written, with great characters. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading more books by Sibel. Thanks to Netgalley and Amazon Publishing for providing me with an ARC of this book.
Another great read from Sibel Hodges — I couldn't stop reading and was gripped from the start. Plenty of twists and turns and a great set of characters. Can't wait for the next book!
This was even better than the other ones. I loved Carter and Harris' relationship. It's refreshing to see a healthy father-daughter connection. The books written by Sibel Hodge may be fiction, but they make you think and see people in a different light. The refugee's plight is dire and so many aren't aware of the true nature of their existence. I urge anyone who wants to understand a little bit of the dangers they face to read this book.
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC of this book for my honest review.  I was so excited that I was chosen to read and review Sibel Hodge new book since the other ones I have read I enjoyed, however this book just didn't do it for me.
Their last breath by Sibel Hodge.
A fantastic  read with some great characters.  Loved the story  keeps you reading. I liked Warren.
I hope there is more  to  come.  5*.
This book is so good. It’s a police procedural book based in the UK. The topics are well written and I was sucked in from the first chapter. I found myself sneaking in pages on bathroom breaks during work. I loved it and will read anything this author puts out.
I enjoyed this book. First one by this author, but for sure it will not be the last. Great book to return too at the end of the day.
This is the first time I had opportunity to read Sibel Hodge book and I have to say that I wasn't dissapointed.
Warren Carter, the retired detective, receives a call asking him to come out of retirement and be a part of the new murder case. Six unidentified women are found burned to death in abandoned hospital. The only clue left behind is warrant card.
This book is a complex crime mystery and at the beginning I couldn't figure out the case.

I would like to thank Netgalley, Amazon Publishing UK and the author Sibel Hodge for opportunity to read this book exchange for an honest review.
Six Women found chained and burned to death in an old abandoned building. Two people found brutally murdered in a home in the suburbs. Could the two cases related? I love police procedurals and this one was WOW!! Fantastic! This kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, I COULD NOT put it down. I read in one sitting and was breathless while reading certain parts.

Gripping and fast-paced with well written characters who stayed with me. They kept me reading way past my bedtime. Det. Carter is an excellent investigator and his methods worked very well.

4.5 big stars.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.     Thank you NetGalley!

Holy hell, what a read.     This book was absolutely amazing.
I literally could not put this book down.     There were twists I didn't see coming.
The writing style was fantastic, and the book kept my interest from the first chapter.
It truly was an unique storyline too!!
I love reading books that are based around  corruption in the police force and huge companies, but recently all those that are about this topic seem to be copycats of each other.
This was okay, it has a solid premise and the start is certainly captivating for the reader. However, the pacing is far too choppy. I found myself struggling to get through parts as they seemed too boring. Just when I though it was starting to pick up, it would immediately plateau out again . There also felt like something was missing - everything seemed to be too obvious and predictable.

Overall it was pretty average. If you like police procedural storied then you may enjoy this, but I have read better within the genre.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for sending me a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Sibels novels are always corkers and this one was the same! What a great book that has you gripped from page one and doesn’t let go, loves the main character and the storyline was great too! The ending had me surprised but it was a good one! Get the book!!!
Another cracking read from Sibel Hodge. This book is faultless in terms of pace, plot and characters. A wickedly horrible but clever story that opens your eyes to some very real horrors in this world.
This was once again a brilliant offering by a very talented author! I loved if from beginning to end, and can't wait for the next one.
Recommended.
Sibel Hodge is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors.

Her thrillers are a real rollercoaster ride, absorbing you in from the very first page.

This book did not disappoint.

The book is a great police procedural and the only bad thing about the book was that it ended!
4 Stars.

Six Women found chained and burned to death in an old abandoned building.

Two people found brutally murdered in a home in the suburbs.

Could the two cases related?

Retired Detective Carter gets called to action - to investigate corrupt officers within the Police Department and it’s a call he cannot ignore.  Detective Becky Harris, Carter’s former right hand, is investigating the murder of the couple in the suburbs. Leaning on each other is something Carter and Harris have always done and in this case, it leads them to clues they’d never find otherwise.

Corruption, Murder, Deception and Lies.  Sibel Hodge spins a masterful mystery / suspense in “Their Last Breath” which  kept me on the edge of my seat till the very end.

Another buddy read with Kaceey!

Thank you to NetGalley, Amazon Publishing UK and Sibel Hodge for the arc.

Published on NetGalley and Goodreads on 11.30.19.
This is another extremely engrossing and addictive read from the wonderful Sibel Hodge..  Plenty of excitement and suspense with a great cast of characters and excellent plot.  Highly recommended.
Thrilling police procedural that doesn't hesitate to dive into some of the darker themes of the genre. The characters are will written, and while I had not read the other novels they are featured in, I found myself invested in them and their case and did not feel lost while reading. The novel moves at a blistering pace, making every page count. I would highly recommend this to anyone who like Law and Order: SVU or similar media.
I liked the main detective in this story, retired Warren Carter, and I liked the female sergeant Becky Harris. Becky and Warren respect each other and they've worked together before. Warren has been brought back from retirement to take on an internal affairs case - the warrant card of an officer has been found at the scene of a crime - Why? Whose card is it? Is an officer involved in a cover up?

As the story unfolds Warren's and Becky's two separate cases seem to be linked, and they collaborate to uncover a corrupt officer.

I always admire authors who choose to cover difficult themes. We get to know one of the victims and her hopes for her future. This could be harrowing but in the context of the story as a whole I thought it worked well.

A good read and I hope to read more of Warren and Becky in the future.
A police procedural that will have you white-knuckling your kindle deep into the night!

Sibel Hodge has been a favorite author of mine and rarely disappoints. So after I saw her latest release was available I quickly queued up! And so glad I did! Once again, Ms. Hodge delivered!

Warren Carter has barely stepped foot into retirement. Mourning the loss of his dear wife, combined with the dreaded end of his career as a detective Warren is hoping for a new direction. And what his next step might be.
Cue the timely phone call! It’s headquarters! They’re asking him to return to the force and head up a department that is unusually secretive in its investigations. After all, it is a department that looks into their own. An internal affairs...if you will.

Detective Becky Harris is desperately trying to balance her marriage with the demanding job that seems to demand more and more of her time. Her husband Ian is getting frustrated, tired of sitting on the sidelines. Yet Becky feels her career is just taking flight and remains laser focused.

Detectives Carter and Harris are knee-deep investigating their own homicides when it occurs to them there may be a way to help each other out. A team effort of sorts.

Once again, Sibel Hodge has brought her brilliantly vivid characters to life! You’re nearly walking in their shoes as they struggle both professionally and personally. Even the victims are given a clear voice. Fantastic!

Sibel Hodge will remain firmly planted on my “go to” list of favorite authors. Already looking forward to reading her next release. Ready when you are, Ms.Hodge!

A speedy weekend buddy read with Susanne!

Thank you to NetGalley, Amazon Publishing UK and Sibel Hodge for an ARC to read and review.