Antoni in the Kitchen

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Oct 2019

A great, colourful, visual cookbook with personalisation from Antoni. A little story from him about himself and what cooking and food means to him and how he uses it to express himself.
I loved the pictures of all the recipes but think I would only ever cook one or two items as this cook book is too extravagant for my daily family needs.
I have never heard of Antoni Porowski, but this is an easy recipe book to follow, with tasty food which looks mostly simple to prepare. Most of the ingredients are going to be easy enough to get hold of. So, a good cookery book for even an inexperienced cook. Worth buying, and trying out the recipes. I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, and am delighted to write an honest review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.
I love this book lots of background about Antoni along with his favourite recipes.  Some of them look amazing I can’t wait to try them out.  Definitely recommend as so many different recipes but look so easy to make and sounds delicious.
A fantastic cookbook with some delicious sounding recipes! The pictures are beautiful, there's clear directions, and healthy, fresh food. Some of the recipes will definitely turn into favourites within my house!
Honestly, I don't know how to review a cookbook, so I guess I'll put in a few things I enjoyed. Reading through this huge collection of recipes, there are definitely ones I want to make. Porowski puts emphasis on healthy, high quality ingredients, whilst also not just eating lettuce for every meal. I really appreciated that he had a whole section on weeknight meals that were quick and (relatively) simple (I think we have different definitions of 'simple') and put emphasis on meal prepping. You can tell from the short introductions to each recipe and the intro at the beginning that Antoni really loves talking about and sharing food, about making cooking accessible and delicious. There's a lot of Polish influence, but also Middle Eastern, Italian, Morrocan and French in there as well. Overall, a well-executed and interesting first cookbook.
I think this might be my new favourite cookbook?

I might be biased because I'm a huge fan of the Queer Eye reboot and all of the Fab Five, but this really is a fantastic addition to any kitchen shelf. It starts with a short bio of Antoni and how he found his love of food which is a really nice touch that makes the whole thing feel more personal. I love the design; it's fresh and colourful, and the photography is fantastic. The recipes seem simple yet have that little bit extra that elevates them to something special. There's something for everyone in here and I can't wait to try more of Antoni's concoctions!
I love this book. Really well put together with beautiful pictures. It felt like a real pleasure to read this book. I will definitely be trying out some of the stew recipes and Polish hangover soup. I am looking forward to adding dark beer and chocolate to a chilli. I would also consider buying a copy of this book. I love recipe books in paper form so that I can find each recipe quickly and also compare recipes when trying to plan meals.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy.
This book is lovely.
There is lots of great pictures that are bright and the pictures of the food are nice close ups that are making my mouth water looking at them.
The recipes look quite quick and simple to make and easy to follow.
I need to make them all.
Can't wait to start trying them.
Antoni in the Kitchen is a delicious cookbook that combines scrumptious recipes, modern twists, with a Heartwarming look into Antoni's life and his inspiration.

I loved the his top ten culinary Mantras. They are fun and do able lil tips. But most importantly don't bit too much pressure on cooking it should be fun.

I loved the chapter names.

Apps and Snacks
Green Veg and other sides
Soups and stews
Peas and rice
Weeknight healthyish
Animal
Bakes

A few examples of recipes
* slow roasted garlic
* radish in pink peppercorn & chive butter
* Olive oil & peppers marinated watermelon bites with halloumi
* roasted butternut squash soup
* five onion soup
* rich turkey chilli with dark beer & chocolate
* new style polish hunters stew
* pasta with sausage lemon and parsley
* salty lemon squares
* polish caramel Easter squares

The majority of the recipes have gorgeous photographs to show you what your aiming towards.
The recipes are easy to follow.
Some of the ingredients might be a little difficult or costly to get.
The ingredients are in grams, tablespoons, teaspoons etc.. So you might need to use a converter if you use cup measurements or oz.
I liked that some of the recipes have extra tips to help you.
I think that all levels of cooks will be able to use this scrumptious cook book as there is such a variety of recipes that it caters for everyone.

Overall a great cookbook that I will definitely look forward to using.
This is a great book for any fan of the show and of quirky fun recipes for any occasion. I loved this book but word to the wise do not read this when you are hungry lol. I can not wait to start cooking some of these dishes as they look and sound amazing.
This book is a treasure of a cookbook, I adore the layout, the fonts the colours and the carefully selected photographs to add the pop to the book. I am also a big fan of the food pics, I think it is really important to show the end result.

The recipes are incredible, simple, straightforward but look the business and canapés especially are a big thing for me just now and Antoni shows that with little effort I can wow my friends at a dinner party or provide gorgeous side dishes as a snack serving.

This book welcomes me in, it encourages me to try something new. Bursting at the seams with a vast selection of recipes, extremely valuable tips from the chef himself and straight talking step by step instructions. This is a winner for me and I will most certainly be using it and often. I highly recommend this book.
I was delighted to receive this book as an advance copy. One of my favourite types of book. The recipe all have a slightly different take on them and are well written and easy to follow, an essential in a book like this. The illustrations are lavish with excellent pictures to tempt you as you flick through and the variety of dishes excellent. I’m looking forward to trying several of them out . The recipe are all described as containing that special ingredient ‘heart’, they certainly are made with interest and exciting ingredients. I like the tips and suggestions along side the recipes too. A book which will appeal to all genders of cooks I think. I love it already.
I have to admit I don't know Antoni Porowski and I've never watched Queer Eye (I've heard of it though). So this isn't a fan review. I wanted to read this book because the recipes sounded interesting and different. Boy was I not disappointed!

The design of the book is beautiful, the photographs, fonts, etc, everything works perfectly in harmony. The recipes are original, varied and sound delicious. I would call them healthy but hearty, which is what I love. There are some cool tips and ideas as well. I never thought of making carrot top pesto, for example, which is a brilliant idea as I never know what to make with my carrot tops.
I love the addition of Polish recipes, as well as recipes inspired by a lot of other places. Honestly I want to try so many of these recipes, I'm going to have to meal plan for the next few weeks so I can try all these delicious ideas!!
I have never watched Queer Eye so I’m not aware of Antoni Porowski but I do love cookery books. This was beautifully laid out with tips, anecdotes and stunning photos of food and Antoni. The soup recipes will definitely be tried along with the pulled chicken and the duck fat roasted potato salad!

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.