Find Your Mantra

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 3 Oct 2019

This was disappointing. I was expecting the whole book but only received the first chapter.  I feel I can’t really review a book based on the first chapter.
Find Your Mantra is an excellent little book with 75 of Aysel Gunar's, the maker of a famous mantra braclet company, most requested and cherished mantras. Each mantra is accompanied by a mantra action, something you can do to embody the spirit of the sentiment. This is followed by the mantra benefit, what you can expect to feel or gain by using the specific mantra in your everyday life. Many of the mantras in this book called to me. There is a mantra here for every situation in life. Ultimately the use of mantras gives us more gratitude and appreciation for the life around us including our own selves. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is curious about, or in search of the perfect mantra.
Bite-sized pieces of advice for life and meditations or mantras to focus on are the heart of this little tome.

Perfect for those who want to make improvements in themselves, but don't know where to start or have the time or inclination to pour through volumes of self-help books.

The illustrations are like miniature versions of motivational posters.

I received an electronic copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I  received a free digital copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I definitely enjoyed this book. The illustrations are nice, and some of the mantras really hit home!
Find Your Mantra: Inspire and Empower Your Life with 75 Positive Affirmations by Aysel Gunar is a great beginner's guide to help get a reader started with the use of mantras and affirmations. Within the book, you are given a mantra and actions that you can to to incorporate them into your daily lives, along with including the benefits. It's best to approach the book with an open mind. With this being more of a beginner's introduction, the content is simple and direct, with no full side information beyond the mantras and their actions.

My rating is more based on the NetGalley copy that I received.
The formatting in the copy that I'd received was horrible. Some of the mantras were in the pictures featured in the book, but many of them were cut off and nothing I did allowed me to see the image as a whole, so some of the mantras weren't available for me to read.
Find Your Mantra was a very calming read.  The messages were helpful and forced one to think.  I especially liked the reminder that "worry just makes one suffer twice".  The book provides lots of little tidbits as to how to live the life you want to by using meditation and affirming thoughts
Not Truly New Mantras, but Mantra Actions are Good

In this book, you will find 75 mantras along with suggested actions for you to take to fully embody or embrace what the mantra is about. The book is divided into 5 core topics: peace, love, happiness, strength, and journey. I was surprised as I was flipping through the book at how common these mantras are. A few of them might be original to the author, but most are short, commonplace sayings--commonplace, at least, if you’ve done much reading in self-help or self-development. What does make this book interesting are the suggested mantra actions, though some are a bit general. After all, it is one thing to say a mantra and another thing to try fully practice, embrace, or get to know it more deeply. I think that's what this book's strength is. The writing is a little awkward, as if the writer is not a native English speaker or has been translated from another language. If you have an interest in positive thinking or translating positive thinking into action, this book could be for you.
Find Your Mantra is a nice book that gives you 75 great mantras. The book is well written and has great information.
An easy guide to finding the right mantra for life's little bumps in the road.  Some useful tips on how to use them along the way.
Liked it, didn't love it, if only because I read a lot of inspirational books & like to discover something new in each one. The collection and organization of mantras is sure to please beginners in this genre. It is, though, a nice choice for when you're stuck in a moment and need a boost. These mantras fill the bill.
This is a great little book filled with positivity.  Find Your Mantra by Aysel Gunar is a book you can read over and over again.  There are 75 positive affirmations, as well as beautiful watercolors and photos.  Ms. Gunar is the founder of MantraBands a jewelry company that makes bracelets with positive affirmations.   The Mantras are divided in several categories: Love, Peace, Happiness, Journey and Strength.  You can to start in a specific section where you feel you need positive thoughts or simply open the book and read what is before you.  For each Mantra there is the mantra itself, the mantra action and finally the mantra benefit. Very uplifting and nice to have so many in one little book.

Quarto Publishing Group, the author and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
A peaceful simplistic book that covers short mantras combined with explanations. The stock photos do not add anything to the value of the book,  but rather make it look cheap. Illustrations would have been better to be used as a replacement.
The book underwhelmed me in every way.
An uplifting powerful book. It is split into sections that can be accessed when needed and allows the reader time to contemplate and think positive. A great addition to anyone's self-care collection it is well laid out and contains wonderful thought provoking passages throughout.
A copy of this book was provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a nice, short book with lots of ideas for mantras. I really enjoyed that each mantra came with an idea for a mantra action to put it into practice. Most of the mantras were common sayings, and I enjoyed this more mindful look into them.
This was a really interesting read. I'm glad I had the opportunity to check it out and I will definitely be recommending it to others.
This is a pretty col book. It gives you an idea of what a mantra is, and gives you some good examples. You ar eable to create your own, or use one that is in this book. It is informative and explains everything in detail without being to try.
This is a beautifully illustrated book of mantras and affirmations, along with the author’s thoughts about each. For me, there was nothing really new here  but it might be good for someone who is new to using mantras and affirmations.  Also, I felt that perhaps the author wrote this book to promote his line of bracelets, seeing as how he writes about that a lot in the introduction.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
The epub version was rather difficult to enjoy but I can tell this would be a very inspiring and useful paperback. The art work is lovely and I liked the explanations that accompanied the mantras. A solid 4 stars, I did not deduct a star for the format of the text I read. Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for the digital copy in exchange for my honest review.
Find Your Mantra is a cute little book with helpful mantra's and their benefits, but I felt it was a tad too short. There were no "new" mantras or insights for me, which I believe makes it more of a beginners guide in my eyes. Short, to-the-point and beautifully illustrated.
Positive thinking can seem a tad woo woo, but is being grumpy really going to change your life for the better? This short little book of mantras are a bit stereotypical, but there are grains of truth in this book. The chapters are broken up by different themes like love, peace, etc. There are gorgeous illustrations and photos throughout this beautiful book.

I’ve always been mainly a positive and upbeat person. I do have my own don’t want to adult moments. Can I just get paid to read books and review? This little book will help remind you that you do matter and that with diligence we can accomplish so much with our life. It’s not about keeping up with the Jone’s, but staying in the moment good times, or bad and being thankful we get to experience our unique life.

I received my complimentary digital copy of Find Your Mantra by Aysel Gunar from Quarto Publishing Group, care of NetGalley. The views are mine and of my own choice. If you like inspirational books then you just might want to add this title to your library.