Cover Image: Two Sisters

Two Sisters

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy

Gina and Ellen who live in the Lancashire countryside, it’s Summer 1956, but they find that they can’t get on with  each other. Always so something happens that irritates the other.

Always wanting to be the better daughter than her sister, even though she’s lost two jobs in different places, Gina, now wants to work at  Grindle Hall, but that’s because her sister Ellen, has only recently started working there in the gardens with Tom, their Uncle. She gets a job, probably not what she wanted, as it’s to walk the puppy.

But it seems Gina hasn’t changed, as she’s still scheming as she used to be. Ellen definitely is nicer than her..

I love reading Josephine Cox’s books and this had everything - family lives, arguments and secrets which kept you wanting to carry on reading.

I enjoyed it.
I have read many books in the past from this author and enjoyed them all.  This book was well written and I enjoyed it although I felt it dragged slightly in the middle but I think that is because I usually read psychological thrillers.

Overall it was a good book with interesting characters and my thanks to Netgalley and Harper Collins Publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
The story of two sisters in the 1950’s who both get jobs in the big house owned by a wealthy family.
Ellen is reliable and well liked but her sister Gina is dishonest and uses people for her own gain.
This was an enjoyable read with some likeable characters.
Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins UK for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.