A Little Bit Different

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Oct 2019

Character Development:★★★☆☆
Since this was such a simple but beautifully written children’s story it does not take the reader too in-depth of any of the characters.

Flow of the Story:★★★★★
Easy to follow.

Illustrations: ★★★★☆
So cute I want to hug the small creatures of this cute children’s book.

Overall: The message in this book was what is so powerful. The illustrations and characters were simple but showcased the message of the story in a very understanding way that the story could be comprehended though all grades/ages. Claire crafted the perfect story to be read and discussed with any age group.
Very simple cute book about being different and how at first people don't like it or don't understand, but eventually they come around and understand it is special and amazing.  Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.
It’s a very simplistic story. It has a nice underlying message, but I felt the message could’ve gone deeper. Not a bad story, I just feel that it could’ve gone further and been more impactful. A brief picture story though that’s simple enough that small children should be able to understand it.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for allowing me to read this before its release date. My reviews are my own.
Love the simplicity of the message.  Colorful and short, A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT reminds us that there is always someone who will like the ways we are different from everyone else, and that once we embrace what makes us different, those who thought “different”=“weird” may come back around.
Disclaimer: I received a copy as an ARC from NetGalley.

I want a Ploof ! There needs to be a figurine or stuffed toy. The story is simplistic but clear with very cute illustrations. The message of being different and that is ok is just right for younger kids.
I received a free ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was adorable. The pictures were so colorful and fun. There wasn't too much text, so it is a great read aloud for younger kids. It conveys a great message.
The ploofers are adorable, especially the one who is 'a little bit different'. And when his fellow ploofers realise he is not quite like them, their treatment of him changes and it's a bit sad! When a new ploofer comes along, will they all learn that to be unique is something special?

I loved the simplicity of this story that could be shared with young readers of any age. Teaching children the importance of expecting those who are different to them and giving lots of opportunities.

I will definitely consider using this in the classroom and I will look forward to their reaction to the copyright page!

Thank you to the publishers, the author and NetGalley for granting me access to an advanced digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A Little Bit Different and the little plotters were just adorable. What a sweet story about being different, finding your group, inspiring others and just being you. It was inspirational and I immediately wanted to share it with my class.
This was such a joy to read with my five year old. He loved the illustrations, smiled a giggled at the silly names, but I could also tell that he truly understood the message behind the story. He related it to every day life at school by giving examples of kids in his developmental kindergarten class who are a little different and said (in his own five year old words) that they are already learning to celebrate their differences; that he enjoys having friends who are different because they are kind and fun. As parents, my husband and I insist on teaching our son kindness and acceptance and we love that there are books like this lovely little thing that help illustrate that in a way that small children can understand. I plan to purchase this book and possibly even give it as a gift to other children in our lives.
This is such a cute book about inclusion and a great tool to teach children about acceptance! I can't wait to tell everyone about this adorable book!
Simply adorable and sweet! Teaches children and reminds adults that being different is a good thing! Being different is a part of life and keeps everything interesting. This book needs to be added to my home library. Every child should feel comfortable with being different and embrace others who are as well.
#Alittlebitdifferent #Netgalley
This is a story about being different and I really liked the premise, but I felt it was lacking.  I was hoping for a stronger story with more words, and this just didn't live up to that.

Thank you to NetGalley for this copy in exchange for my honest review.
This is one of the simplest picture books I’ve seen in a while. It conveys an important concept for children, excepting those who do things differently from you. It’s short on words but none-the-less it uses them to great effect. Funny words are always a hit with small children and my daughter was giggling up a storm the moment I said the word “ploof.”

This book received the “read it again” seal of approval from my little bookwyrm.

A Little Bit Different is due for release on September 17, 2019. Thank you NetGalley and to the Publisher for the eARC in exchange for my honest review.
I received an electronic ARC from Quarto Publishing Group through NetGalley.
The Ploofers live in a world of gray ploofs until one of them shoofs rainbow colors. They reject the different until another species recognizes how special the one Ploofer is. Everything resolves and they all begin shoofing in colors.
Simple text and story for young readers with a deeper message for the rest of us. The character expressions help readers see the emotions beyond the simple words and simplicity of illustrations.
However, I wanted more from this story. The concept and message are especially needed at this time but it was almost too simplistic. This could be deliberate to trigger family discussions but I'm not sure the intended audience will get the intended message.
This was a more simple book, with not a lot of words, but really good meaning behind it. The problem for me though, was simply that it wasn't enough. I know, sometimes that really does work, but when it came to this book I was hoping there was so much more.

The pages for me didn't have enough, when it came to the topic at hand. And, yes, the illustrations were cute and too the point, but it fell short when it came to the words on the pages. Believe me when I say, it's a great topic, on how being different should be acknowledged and applauded. But, again, I was left wanting more from those pages. Really sad about that.

***I received this copy from words & pictures via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.***
I don't like this book. It was easy over simplified and the same words were used over and over. The overall idea was good, to accept the each other's differences. However, working in s library, I see some great quality children's books, i didn't think this one stacked up.
This picture book would make a great addition to any library! It shows how it's Ok to be different. At first, one of the Poofers was being made fun of when he didn't POOF at the same time as others, but the others started to see him as different and beautiful! Many great lessons with this picture book!
A Little Bit Different is a very simple but sweet book about celebrating differences. This would be a great book for young toddlers and older preschoolers alike as the concept is illustrated in a very simplistic way but it can also serve as a conversation starter for older kids.
I received a copy from the publisher through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
What a cute story!  This book is very short with great pictures.  It tells the story of a little Ploof that is a little bit different. It shows acceptance of differences.  It will be a great book to use with some of my students to help teach about differences, how sometimes people react, and how we can help show people that being different is not only OK but it is GREAT!

* Thank you NetGalley for this advanced reader's copy in exchange for my honest review
A simple but clever little story teaching children that it's ok to be different. Great illustrations which make the book. The Ploofers are preparing for something special however one of the Ploof is very different and the others don't like it. What happens next? you will have to read the book.

Great for 2-5 yr olds.