Cover Image: The Garden on Sparrow Street

The Garden on Sparrow Street

I am a big fan of Tilly Tennant but have to confess I was left feeling a little disappointed with this latest book. Nina is our main character here, and we see the beginning of the story introduce us to her current situation. She is struggling in December following the loss of her husband Gray. She has her friend Robyn who works alongside her and together they discover that Sparrow Street’s Community Garden is to be put up for sale. As this was one of Gray’s favourite places she and Nina decide to do something about it. They plan to build a Garden of Memories but to do it they need to enlist the help of local residents.

We meet many of the residents along the way including Colm who is a gardener enlisted to help them. I liked the mixture of characters and the story itself was readable and enjoyable, but for some reason not that memorable. I enjoyed the friendship between Nina and Robyn and also the characters that appear and have their own little tale to tell. This certainly wasn’t a bad book, but it just wasn’t as good as some of her other books I have read and loved.
The Garden on Sparrow Street was yet another fab book by Tilly Tennant. I have yet to pick up a book by Tilly and not enjoy it and this was another of her great books. A great book about loss and trying to move on while still remembering those lost loved ones. I loved it.
I loved every minute of this book. The story was beautiful and unique, and really spoke to me as not only a reader but as a person in general. 5/5 stars
After feeling like all my recent reads have emotionally drained me i wanted a sweet light read, well this ticked some of those boxes but it certainly took my emotions for a ride. Nina and her best friend Robyn work in a chairty shop that is due to shut down, they work for a charity that has supported them both through the loss of their husbands. At the same time she finds out she is been made redudant a community meeting is called.

The community Garden is at risk of been sold, and it was a place that Nina and her husband Gray held close, the community set about transforming it into a place for people to spend time and remember those they have loved. With the help of a local gardener once diaster strikes - can Nina find herself again? and maybe even Love.

The Garden on Sparrow Street is a sweet, uplifting read that really hits you emotionally. I loved Nina - she was sweet, so likeable and your heart hurts for her. She is a wonderful best friend and a support to those around her. Robyn is her opposite and that is why the pair work. They support each other and work together well. Throw in dishy Colm who is not only easy on the eye but has a wonderful soul and this is a the perfect read for a winters afternoon.
A lovely heartwarming book set around a communal garden. I really enjoyed the community spirit in this book and wish that I had this where I live. A lovely cast of characters who I could easy relate to and well paced story. I recommend this book highly. A story of grief, loss, community spirit, relationships, hope, kindness and romance.

A perfect easy read  for an afternoon on the sofa.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review
This was a sweet, gently paced romance perfect for fans of Debbie Macomber. Nina, a young widow mourning the loss of her husband, Gray, two years earlier, finds herself out of a job, and with time on her hands. She and her friend Robyn, who also lost her husband, head up a team of neighbors to fix up the shabby neighborhood garden on Sparrow Street, and create a memorial area for those who have lost loved ones.

Nina is still struggling to reconcile with her loneliness now that she has more time on her hands when she meets Colm, a handsome gardener who starts volunteering his time at the Sparrow Street garden. Nina really likes Colm, and starts going out with him a little, but she's still hesitant to 'betray' the memory of Gray.

Slowly paced, closed door, and sweet in nature, this is a charming little Christmas read. Nina's indecisiveness can be a little irritating, but a lot can be explained by the emotional turmoil she's had to endure.
The Garden on Spareow Street was a cute book. The plot seemed to not move quickly enough for me, and I was hoping for more engaging dialogue between the two lead romantic characters. It was a sweet book, but it did not have me hooked.
Absolutely loved this book. Tilly Tennant has created a cast of heartwarming characters each with tales that I am sure many of us have experienced. The neighbourly bonding over the garden was lovely and made me wish more communities came together in this way.

I loved the various romantic elements and felt they each worked brilliantly in this well crafted story.
Tilly Tennant is becoming one of my favourite authors and I am always guaranteed a good read from her.

The Garden on Sparrow Street is another lovely heartwarming story that I couldn't put down.,

The main character is Nina, a widow who is still feeling the loss of her beloved husband Gray and struggling with her grief. When her local community garden is threatened, she is determined to give something back to the area that she lives in whilst also finding hope with her new found friends and potential love interest.

This genuinely made me feel a bit teary but I loved it all the same.

Beautiful.
I found this book charming and a great bedtime read. I loved the sense of community that emminates from the pages, even if it is not always harmonious!
A bit slow and dull to start. A big fan of Tilly Tennant. I just wasn’t excited reading this story. I am hoping future books are uplifting and positive earlier in the book.
This was a readable book, that entertained for a while. Despite the emotional situation the heroine is placed in, I confess that I neither particularly warmed to her or the hero. Not Tilly’s best work, but not too bad either.
Tilly Tennant never disappoints and The Garden on Sparrow Street was fantastic. Such a sweet read!

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Tilly Tennant never disappoints and will read her books whenever they come out.  My thanks to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I  never miss a new publication from Tilly Tennant, she is one of my favorite author and I know before even reading the book that I will enjoy it. And this time was no different! I absolutely LOVED this book! It's so beautiful, touching, and the characters are very well developed. What I also love about the books from Tilly Tennant is that every of her stories are very different from eachother. They all have a very unique storyline. This time the story is built around a community garden during the Christmas period. Very good book and so well written!!!! I just thought the first couple chapters were a little bit slow paced but then once the story is on its way it's excellent! I can only recommend this book to all of you!
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for allowing me to read this Arc. A beautiful story about finding love a second time around. While not my usual type of book I truly enjoyed reading this one. And I would highly recommend it.
What a genuinely just lovely story.

This was a joy to read, and the idea of a memorial garden is really sweet.   Nina and her best friend Robyn have both lost partners to motor neuron disorder, and are now trying to move on with their lives a few year later.

Nina is scared of even letting another man into her life she is convinced she isn't ready, but then she meets Colm,  but will they actually get together.   There are many fledgling relationships going on all around Nina.

Sparrow Street seemed like a nice place to live, with some neighbours being far more community minded than others. Robyn was fabulous, she is opinionated, but also clearly cares about both Nina and her son, even if he has fallen in with a bad crowd.  And Winston Nina's dad just was so sweet too.

I loved the concept of this book, the writing was great and when I was able I was totally engrossed in the pages. With a lovely cast of characters and a great message perfect for this time of year, this was a really enjoyable book.

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily
I always look forward to a Tilly Tennant book, and even more so to her Christmas stories. For me, they never disappoint. Wonderful story, I didn't want to put it down and I wish it didn't have to end. Very well written as usual by Tilly Tennant, her work just gets better as she goes on, can't wait for her next book.
Thanks Netgalley and the publisher.   What a real heartfelt story with a sprinkling of everything in it.  I loved it.
This was a wonderfully warm book with delightful community feel.
Both Nina and her friend lost their husbands to the same medical condition and have been a great support to each other.
She enlists her help to transform the Sparrow Street Community Gardens. The whole street draw together to plan and work on the gardens. There are a few terrible issues for them to overcome and at one point they do wonder whether this will ever be a success. You really feel a part of the planning process.
I'd love to read more about the Sparrow Street community, as the characters have something for everyone.