Scandalous

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 29 Sep 2019

At this point in the series I think I am more interested in the crime part of the book. Katherine Hawthorne keeps adding more mystery and suspense. This seems to be the only part of the plot that is moving forward. The relationship between Belle, Xander and Sin is starting to become tedious. They aren't evolving and continue to act immature.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for this ARC.
My first time reading a book from this author. Steamy sexy romance book. Sexy characters. Strong female characters. Steamy sexy romance scenes that will leave you breathless and wanting more from this author.
Oh My....what a fantastic series.  The story took you all over the place with all of the characters, yet you never got lost.  This author is AMAZING
Finished the #SinfulSurrender Series by #KatherineHawthorne and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with this series.   I am going to talk about all the books as if they are one because the first three books leave off in cliffhangers,  and if you don't read all four together, there is no way you will get the full impact of the story.  And yes, all four books, make up one story, however, there will be no spoilers given here.

Isabelle (Belle) is rescued by Xander at 17yrs old when her parents are killed and they become best friends.  She slowly falls in love with him over the years, but is conflicted because she has strong feelings for her Lt. Alex Sinclair (Sin) who is Xander's (best) truest and longest friend.  Belle is determined to find her parents murderer, not believing the official ruling of their deaths,  and nothing is going to stand in her way, and it takes both men working together to keep her safe, with the help of one person nobody ever sees coming.

Ms.  Hawthorne is extremely adept at drawing the readers in each of the books, making them search for the next book in the series (thankfully I had all four at once or I would be going absolutely CRAZY, LoL!). She knows how to play on the readers emotions, and knows exactly when to leave them hanging at the end of each book.  Normally I really hate books (serials) that in cliffhangers like these do, and give up on reading them on the second or third book,  but Ms. Hawthorne had me so engrossed,  there was no way I could put them down! As soon as I finished one book I was opening up the next,  and I was very sorry to see this story end.

As for the covers of the books, I believe they could use a bit more work, at least that's my opinion.   While many people may find the two shirtless men and the woman in her lingerie "sexy", I think it would have been more appealing if it revealed less skin, using the old adage "more is less".   Otherwise,  there is not a lot I can say that is actually negative about this Author, or her series.
I received a complimentary copy of Scandalous from NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

This novel did not leave me wanting!  All of the steam, danger, and secrets from the first two novels continue in this one, which I practically read in one day...I loved the cliffhanger ending, but only because I could launch straight into the 4th and final novel.  Great book!

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
Wow!

This, the third book of the series, is going to keep you riveted until the end, when you will not want a break, but be straight onto the fourth and final book of the series.

The scandalous plot thickens, with love, romance, sensuous erotic sexiness, intrigue, betrayal and suspense.

So much action packed into a single book and then the whole series.

Excellent, we as readers are so spoilt.
4.5 Stars     Emotional, and twisted!

This is the third book in the Sinful Surrender Quartet, and the continuation of Xander, Sin, and Belle's story.  This book picks up, right were book 2, Sensuous ends, and the whirlwind of their story, just keeps on spinning.  The web of secrets, that surround Belle are starting to be revealed, leaving her unable to trust anyone.  This was an amazing read, full of drama, emotion, suspense, mystery, action, and hot steamy scenes.  The characters are well written, and the chemistry is intense, and explosive.  This story reached into my heart, and soul, and kept me on the edge on my seat.  I highly recommend this series, and can't wait to read the next book!  4.5  Stars
The plot is getting more and more intense. When you think the crime is solved another clue comes in. So many secrets, deception it blew my mind. Even though the suspense is great I felt it was dragging and felt forced with prolonging the story. There should be some happy moments for the main characters and I didn’t get how suddenly they blamed each other.   I didn’t like how distant they become despite great chemistry. They didn’t evolve through all 3 books, which was a bit disappointing. I really liked the start and the suspense but this one seemed a bit repeating and more of the same. Hot and cold relationship despite their claimed love is a bit immature.
I wasn't so sure this series is for me. I was optimistic after reading the summary, also because I like the author. I just could not get through this.
One thing for sure, I'm very glad I didn't have to wait to find out what happens since I had the ability to read them back to back!  The cliffhangers are killer (pun sort of intended) but this was a good third outing with these characters.  Again I felt the men were a little overbearing for my taste but the solid romantic suspense element to the storyline was actually a stronger draw for me with this installment. As readers we are taken on an intense journey into the hidden world of human trafficking and sex slavery and how it fits into the central mystery of this series.  Just when you think you have it all figured out, another twist completely changes things!

Thank you to Netgalley and BooksGoSocial for the opportunity to R&R, all opinions are my own.
This book was a great read. Loving the romance, mystery and emotions expressed by the characters in this book.
We learn more about the girls that had been coerced into sex trafficking mentioned in the previous book.
Looking forward to the next book in the series and more great titles by Katherine Hawthorne.  All I can say is keep up the great writing.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary and impartial review.
What? Omg! How many time do they have to be shot at and kidnapped. Let’s not for get the lovemaking. Hello who sounds sexy then Sin....maybe his brother Kade. But he sounds dangerous too. I really what to put all this behind the characters and let them live happily ever after. And honestly please tell me it was Xander who showed up at her safe place. I will be beyond pissed. These characters are amazing and draw you in from the get go!
This is the third book in this excellent series and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it having read the first two books back to back - I thought that this one was excellent and the story keeps getting better and better for me as it progresses.

This is a series that has to be read in order, you can't just start part way though the series as if you do you will be missing out on a lot of content and the underlying themes that run through the series.  The characters are excellent and I can't wait to read the fourth and final book in this fantastic series.

I loved them all so far and cannot recommend them highly enough!  It is 5 stars from me for this one without any hesitation!!
After Sensuous I have had to wait for almost a year to read on about the murder of Belle's father and the involvement of both Xander and Sin's parents in the story. And then there is yet another murder! And although both Sin and Xander know who did it, they decide to keep the information from Belle, for her own good. Well, they certainly didn't learn from the previous two parts, because Belle will start the investigation on her own.
The plot twists and turns and keeps you on edge. Furthermore you can't help but feel torn (just like Belle) between the two men. Will Belle stay with Xander, now Sin has turned her back on her? Or did he have his reasons to stay away?
Gripping, steamy and full of suspense! And yet another cliffhanger. So, four out of five stars from me and a special thank you to Netgalley for providing the arc.
Scandalous is the third book in the Sinful Surrender Quartet series. I really enjoyed this and would recommend.

Many thanks to Katherine Hawthorne, NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I received this as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to NetGalley and BooksGoSocial for giving me access.

Our story continues with the love triangle that is Belle, Xander and Sin. As much as I am not too keen on their relationship and how they manipulate each other, the suspenseful part of the story is enjoyable. Secrets come out and not ones we were expecting,

I still struggle with how Hawthorne writes. I feel like she skips things, like one sentence we are in one apartment the next, we are someplace completely different.

Overall, it is a great read for those that don't mind sexual manipulation and extra hot and steamy romances.
Crime, mystery, and scandalous romance. It’s Hot!

Just when I thought the great crime part of the story was over when Belle learned who killed her parents, I find out that there is more involved. The writer, Katherine Hawthorne does such an awesome job of making these terrific crime/mystery books with great romances as well as scorching love scenes.

Most romance books have some storyline to tie it all together. Mystery, thriller or suspense novels have a romance thrown in, but you rarely find truly good stories like this which includes hot steamy romances, especially between three characters. There are enough sexy scenes to keep a reader who likes that stuff awfully happy. More than that though, the crimes, detective work, lies, mystery and suspense is pretty great. I have been enthralled throughout these three books.

In this book, there is a murder and Belle is not sure if Xander and/or Sin committed the crime. They often keep her in the dark about things “for her own protection”, which is stupid on their part because she always finds out and usually she ends up endangering herself more because she sets out to find the answers on her own. But that’s one thing I really like about her.

Sometimes she seems to fall in to their demands a bit too easily. Though If you look back at it later you can sort of see that when she does that it is because she really wants to anyway. When she wants to do something that they don’t want her to do, she goes ahead and does it when they aren’t around to stop her. Though in this book Xander and Sin put her in an awful position because they are both so jealous of each other and want her for their own. So they force her to make a choice.

I have to admit it’s kinda fun watching her torment, going between one and the other. Like I said in the last review, she was pissing me off with the way she always would choose Xander and hurt Sin whenever she did that. I was hating her and Xander and feeling bad for Sin. But in this book we get to see more of how Xander actually feels about her. So I was starting to feel more for him also. Belle was more tormented but also stronger in this book and she was more likable as well.

Xander seems to hold a lot inside, he is such a mystery man. Not only because of his secret Government job, whether it is as an assassin or spy. But a lot more came out about his background in this book. Again, I can’t wait to start the next book. Of course there was another humongous cliffhanger!

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I love the suspense. I don’t know who the bad guys are. I don’t know if she is going to end up with one or both men. Another great book in a wonderful series!
Belle, Sin and Xander are the best characters a reader could ask for. They all have different lovable parsonalities. Belle fell inlove with 2 different guys whose main mission in life is to protect her no matter how muxh she put herself in arms way. Belle is an orphan whose life is in danger from people that want to sell her into prostitution and kill her at the same time. This is an intense book that i will gladly recommend to anybody who loves romance with a hint of danger and bad boys.
I have to confess that I have already read the series and am so excited for others to discover Katherine's writing here on NetGalley.  This is the third book in the series and oh my it does not disappoint!  You really do need to read them all in order.

I loved it, there was a lot going on at the beginning of the book whilst I reminded myself where the last book finished.  The story takes a few twists and turns and ends up somewhere where I never would have thought of, however it makes total sense for the three main characters.  A really well planned story arc.

The hot scenes were HOT! Need I say more?

Thank you to NetGalley & author for the copy  in exchange for an honest review.