Fire and Wind

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 2 Jan 2020

Earc from netgalley.

The best part of this book for me was the spiritual gifts chapter, I thought it was fantastic, but the rest of the book was just okay.
Probably most well-known for “Bruce and Stan’s Guide to” books, Stan Jantz offers readers a new guide to a topic many are curious about— the Holy Spirit.  In Fire and Wind, Stan begins by sharing his personal journey of a deepened understanding of who the Holy Spirit is, then he goes on to write about who the Holy Spirit is, how the Holy Spirit works, and how believers can experience more of the Spirit in their lives.  Instead of some stuffy, academic book, Jantz offers up a down-to-earth, every-day book for every-day people.  It’s easy to read, filled with practical applications, and of course, biblically based.  I’ve been a believer for a long time, and still I long for more of the Holy Spirit.  In clear, biblical terms, Jantz has helped me see just how to experience more of the Holy Spirit’s power in my life.  I also feel better equipped to be able to take others who are curious to the Bible and show them who the Holy Spirit and how He works—and how we can have more of His wonder-working power in our daily lives.  Thanks, Stan Jantz, for teaching and equipping me with this excellent guide in your new book, Fire and Wind.

Note:  I received a copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for this honest review.  The opinions expressed are my own.
I enjoyed this book. It laid out explanations in a logical way and backed up thoughts with biblical citations. It would be a solid resource for someone wanting to know more about the Holy Spirit.
I love getting new perspectives on God, and the way we as Christian's should live.

But, this book only does that a very little bit. I found it very disconcerting the number of times we're told "Tozer said" or "According to Tozer." I enjoyed the book, but it felt disconnected as if the author wanted to tell us about Tozer's opinions.

I will say it is well written and worth reading if you dont mind the many Tozer quotes.

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book.
Fire and Wind is accessible and full of real life examples of spiritual exploration. An enjoyable and well-written book.