Cover Image: Coming Home For Christmas

Coming Home For Christmas

This was my first RaeAnne Thayne book and now I look forward to reading many more of her books, including others in the Haven Point series. This had all the comfort of Christmas celebrations mixed with a look at some heavier topics, and Thayne managed to open up those issues for the reader and allow them to delve in, without taking anything away from the warmth and comfort that you feel whilst reading it.
I really enjoyed this book!  A great story line that kept me hooked and excellent main characters.  I would highly recommend this book.
Elizabeth Hamilton has been suffering from postpartum depression after the birth of her second child, Bridger and the loss of her parents. She was struggling to connect with her husband, Luke but was then involved in a car accident where she became amnesiac.  Fast forward 7 years and her husband finds her and brings her home so he can prove to the local DA that he did not murder her. As they plan for Christmas they are drawn closer together as a couple and family  so will Christmas be their new beginning?

Not your average Christmas romance novel. The storyline combines humour, sadness, child angst and so much more without the novel becoming cluttered or unbelievable.

I received this novel from Mills & Boon via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
This book was a brilliant read and one that is perfect to escape for a few hours and loose yourself.
A great read.
Really enjoyable read. Good characters and a Good story. Well worth a read. Think others will enjoy.
Thank you to Netgalley for a pre publication copy.  In return for an honest #cominghomeforchristmas #netgalley

Elizabeth is a single woman living in a rented apartment in Oregon. She enjoys gardening, spending time with her friends and working at the local garden centre. Seven Years ago Elizabeth lost her family, children and home but is everything as it seems? and will Elizabeth get any of it back?

The light pink cover surrounding a little snow filled cottage reminds me of " a red sky at night shepherds delight." Drawing me in to want to get a cosy Christmas read from this book.

This book makes you laugh and cry as you get a well rounded story of both Elizabeth and Lukes side of her disappearance. From the start you begin to build a rapport with both the characters.  Feeling more for Luke than Elizabeth but as the story progresses your mind begins to change. Showing you that not everything is as it seems.

The story begins as a page turner that makes you wanr to find out the mystery and establish Elizabeths story. However about 1/4-1/2 way through Elizabeth is allowed to tell her story at the district attorney's office. From here it is like the author lost interest in the book and it follows a predictable course of their life together with no twists or turns and none of the emotions you would expect to find considering how big a life changer it is for the family. To have Elizabeth home and know she didnt just disappear, which the family seems to accept with minimal feelings about this.  Furthermore the authors emotion returns at the very end when you want to establish whether Elizabeth will come home permanently. During this section their are twists and turns again albeit predictable

Their are some emotional subjects included in this book such as death, brain injuries, mental health and love after a tragedy.  I do not feel this takes away from the cosy feel of the book or make it a heavy read. The author has done this in a way to show that Christmas is about forgiving the past, changing the future and being friends even against the inevitable gossip others create.

Post Elizabeth leaving Oregon her friends suddenly vanish from the story. It would have been nice to have their prespective either now or in a sequel. As well as Without the epilogue, i would have loved to have read a sequel to find out how the family forged their new relationship together, its ups and downs and whether things could be how they were seven years ago during Elizabeths surgery and seizures.
Elizabeth suffered from severe postnatal depression after having her second child, Bridger, with husband, Luke and after also losing her parents in a horrific accident, she decided that leaving her family would be for the best, however there's more to the story than you can ever imagine and she's returning home seven years later to tell her story and prevent her husband from being arrested for murder.

To start off with, I couldn't believe that a woman would just up and leave her family with no explanation, live eight hours away and have plastic surgery on her face, looking nothing like she did seven years ago. At the first read, you would automatically assume the worst, as Luke did, that Elizabeth left her family in an attempt to make their lives better and started a new life without them - leaving Luke and their two children to grieve the loss of their wife and mother. Due to her mental health issues, Luke had every right to believe his wife may have taken her own life, but I can't even imagine what's worse - your partner taking their own life or finding out they ran away and started a new life? I really felt the anger coming off of the pages through Luke and started to feel the anger with him. All that being said, when we find out what actually happened to Elizabeth, you will just immediately melt in to your seat and want to cry for the pain and trauma she must have gone through for the past seven years, wanting to return to her family, knowing she couldn't.

I never disliked Elizabeth through the story, you could tell from the beginning that she had been through a lot and she didn't even hesitate when Luke demanded her return to clear his name - it was clear from the start that she wanted to help and make amends. That wasn't going to be an easy ride though, as there was two children involved who still didn't know their mother was well and alive - the plan was to always clear Luke's name, sign the divorce papers and return to her new life. It seems though that even after seven years, Luke and Elizabeth's feelings towards each other were still there and after finding out the real story behind Elizabeth's disappearance, Luke is willing to let Elizabeth back in to his and their children's lives.

I absolutely adored every second of the family bonding, despite their eldest showing hatred towards her mother's return, although completely understandable. Elizabeth fell back in to her motherly role pretty swiftly, but also kept her boundaries, knowing the two needed to still adapt to her return. Snowball fights, board games, evening meals out, attending the school production - Elizabeth slowly but surely fit back in to the family and the life she once had. The locals were extremely hesitant about Elizabeth, baring in mind her face looks nothing like it once had, but soon warmed right back up to her and let her back in.

Luke was a gorgeous male lead, who prioritised his two children more than anything. Their little routine was incredible and it was easy to see the two children absolutely doted on him. As he said many times, he was far from the perfect father, but I couldn't have admired him more. They are such well-behaved children, who worked as a team with Luke and my most favourite tradition they had during Christmas was looking at all the Christmas decorated houses and choosing their most favourite, then delivering a prize to them for winning. How adorable!

Coming Home For Christmas is a stunning read from RaeAnne, and the first book I've read from her. I will definitely be purchasing all of her other books, if they're just as outstanding as this one! Looking at the book cover and not reading the book synopsis to start off with, you would never believe how hard it was going to go as you read on, I genuinely thought it was going to be an easy, light-hearted read, but you get so much more than that. It's a gorgeous, emotional and moving read from start to end that touches on mental health, as well as many other serious issues. The perfect Christmas read filled with romance, drama and plenty of tears - you're not going to want to miss out on this one!
Elizabeth suffered from severe postnatal depression and left her family believing it would be better for them, she was involved in a terrible car accident and ended up with a traumatic brain injury causing amnesia erasing who she was and her life as well as various other injuries. Even when the memories started to come back she thinks her family would be better off without her and that her husband has met someone else.

What she doesn't realise is that the town all think her husband murdered her, now 7 years later Luke is here to bring her back to prevent his arrest on a murder charge thanks to a new DA. Once he learns her story he is more understanding of why she left but can he trust her now?

I really enjoyed this book, it took me a while to get into it but when I did it kept me reading, I didn't realise how far I was through it until my kindle flashed up a low battery warning!

Elizabeth is portrayed sympathetically and I believe that a lot of research would have gone into traumatic brain injuries and the changes that they can cause to people which has come across really well and will hopefully help the reader to understand some of the difficulties some people may have to live with. It's not a topic I have really seen in a book before but it really worked for Luke and Elizabeth's story

I will admit that parts did make me cry a bit which doesn't happen very often for me which I think reflects the emotions that come out through the pages to the reader.

This books isn't your normal romance but I think that it stands out and will appeal to a variety of readers, all of whom I would recommend it to!
The story of Elizabeth and Luke. On the outside it all looks quite straightforward, but as you begin to understand what really happened it is an emotional read.
A lovely festive read. An interesting story line with the feel good factor. A lovely Christmas romance.My thanks to Net Galley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.
Great storyline, wonderful characters and brilliantly Christmassy. If you need to get into the Christmas mood then I recommend this book.
Its finally time for Elizabeths story. I dont know about you, but I have been looking forward to finding out what happened to Elizabeth.  Seven years ago Elizabeth just disappeared,leaving her husband Luke and two children behind. Living in a small town where everyone thinks you killed your wife isnt easy.
When his soon to be brother in law. Finds her living a new life in Cannon Beach. Luke is undecided what to do,until he is given the heads up. He is about to be arrested for the murder of his wife.
Luke rushes up to where Elizabeth is living,determined to bring her back and divorce her.
When she left her family Elizabeth was in a very dark place. Suffering the death of her parents and postnatal depression. She thought her family would be better off without her. When Luke turns up at Brambleberry house. He is shocked to see she looks different and Elizabeth is shocked to see her husband. Its time to come home and face the music. I highly recommend picking up a copy to find out what happened to Elizabeth. Can this estranged family find a way back to each other? The author RaeAnne Thayne has written a wonderful series.
What a beautiful love story
Without giving the story away two people found themselves again after many years apart
How one woman after a real difficult time found her family again set around Christmas
A really Christmassy feel good story. RaeAnne Thayne delivers yet again. If you pick up one of her books you know your will have an interesting storyline and really believable characters. This is a book that will definitely make you want to start decking the halls!
There is nothing like a Christmassy book to make you feel good and this was one of those books. Great story, great characters and just a joy to read.
RaeAnne Thayne is a favourite of mine, and this lovely book didn't disappoint. A festive feast of a romance, it's everything I would expect from this accomplished writer, and from a Mills & Boon.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Really wonderful christmas story. Full of charm, romance, great characters, and magic settings this book will get you in the mood to put your christmas tree up early, it did me anyway. Lovely story, i would really recommend it.
Elizabeth and Luke were happily married but with the birth of their children came severe post partum depression for Elizabeth and seeing no way out she decided to leave Luke. Luke feared the worst and now after 7 years of not knowing what has happened he needs to find Elizabeth to help clear his name so in the weeks leading up to Christmas he tracks her down and brings her home. Luke and Elizabeth need to work together to try and rebuild the family they used to be. This book will pull at your heartstrings but also make you smile. It is a great read and you will be rooting for both Elizabeth and Luke to find a way to make it work!
I was disappointed with this book.
I felt that the storyline was poor and the authors writing style lacked depth.
The characters were relatable. It was an easy read though
Such a lovely little story. Lots of emotion.

A story of love lost and found.

I loved it that the story focused on a main character that had issues that she needed to overcome and a loving husband who helps her get through it.

Would highly recommend.