Christmas in Chamonix

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 Nov 2019

A lovely story with twists and turns to keep you hooked from the beginning to the end. Definitely recommended to those readers who enjoy skiing and to those who have never tried.
Another wonderful story from Sasha, I loved everything about this book from the descriptions of Chamonix to the dishy male lead, Luc!

Everyone you meet throughout Lily's story are just absolute gems, making her move to Chamonix that much easier. I want to spontaneously move there now! I loved the scenes where Luc and Lily were having their private ski lessons, as he was so patient with her and never pushed her to go further than she wanted. He was very respectful towards her fear of heights and did everything he could to help her conquer it.

It was the perfect Christmas read with all the snow, the delicious warm foods, the romance floating in the air and of course, the ski resort made it that much more perfect. Lily's development was a complete joy to read about; after admitting to her best friend that she had feelings for him and having her heart-broken, she discovered new-found confidence in herself and met the man that was truly right for her instead.

I thoroughly enjoyed 'Christmas in Chamonix' and will be keeping an eye out for Sasha's next book!
Christmas in Chamonix is a charming and laugh out loud novel. I loved the descriptions which made me feel like I was there alongside Lilly and I wouldn't mind eating Sylvan's food.
The cover tag line delivered! This was a cute and cozy Christmas read. There’s so many titles to choose from this holiday. Add this to your to be read list!
A lovely feel good read set in beautiful Chamonix.  Lily has been best friends with Jamie for a long time but when she tells him her feelings for him are more than just friends things don't work out as she had hoped.  So, when her friend Imogen rings and tells her of a vacancy at the hotel she works at in Chimonix Lilly decides a change of job and place to live is just what she needs.

Lily's fear of heights makes learning to ski very challenging and there are some laugh out loud moments as she struggles to get to grips with the ski equipment.  Luc is the ski instructor who helps her overcome her fear, but can they help each other lay the pas to rest and enjoy the future?

It is a bit predictable with someone who is intent on making Lily's new life stressful, the appearance of an old friend and a will they won't they become more than friends scenario.   However it's a great read and I would recommend it
Lily has loved Her childhood friend Jamie for as long as she can remember, she fantasises about their life together endlessly, but, she is in for the shock of her life agter telling him how she feels.

To recover from the embarrassment Lily takes a job in the glorious ski fields of Chamonix, where she meets Luc. A gorgeous ski instructor who hates Christmas.

Can Lily make Luc see how magical Christmas can be and can Luc make Lily fall in love again?

What a beautiful story, it really was more than your typical love story and touched on some deeper subjects. I will definitely be reading more from Sasha Wagstaff
A festive romance with a stunning setting. The snow sparkles, the candles are lit and the fondue is heating up. Lily is a relatable and likeable central character but she is backed up with a cast of characters who all add to the story. With the emphasis on family, friendship,love, growing up and starting over, there are some poignant secrets in the background. Just the heartwarming read you need as Christmas approaches.

Thanks to netgalley for a copy of the book.
Oh how good is it to see Sasha Wagstaff writing books again, it had been far too long as since I last saw a release from her, well apart from the one earlier this year which I haven't quite read yet!!

And I'm delighted to say I still love this author as much as I have always done. From the moment that Lily took a chance and went outside of her comfort zone and took a job in Chamonix I was utterly hooked.

I loved all the descriptions of the town, of the snow, of how to ski, Sylvan's in depth descriptions of the food he was making, and all the people we meet there.  I felt as though I was there alongside Lily, as she meets the Devereux family, the gorgeous Luc, and starts to face her fear of heights.

All of this because she admits her feelings to her long time good friend, Jamie, only to then discover he has been in a relationship with her sister for a few months.  So Lily decides to not keep on at her job that was starting to suck the life out of her and take the biggest break from her routine in years, and move to France for  a bit, all without knowing how to ski.

Everything was just so snowy, and cozy and exhilarating, and i really did love this ski resort.  I think I was even dreaming about it after reading before bed. Definitely woke up thinking I'd been skiing (that may explain why I'm tired!).

I loved the main characters, seeing how Lily developed, seeing Luc's endless patience with her and seeing his hidden depths. And seeing all manner of other snippets of info.  about the other people working in the hotel.

I completely fell for this story and adored it.  I do love a snowy winter / Christmas book, set in a ski resort and this was a fabulous story in that field (slope?!).   Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this and I can't wait to read more from this author that I love so much.

Thank you to Canelo and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
Loved this book, a real easy read but lots of will they won't they to keep your attention caught in.
This is a contemporary romance following a young women in search of love and a bit of purpose in her life. While I enjoyed the writing itself I found it hard to get into when so much of the beginning of the book was in the characters head. I DNF’d it at about 50 pages as it was just moving a tad slow for me and was a lot more thoughts and less dialogue and action. If your in the mood for a winter slow burn contemporary definitely give this one a try!
I was able to give this book a second chance, and I thought it was sweet. Winter romance is a good time no matter. I would read more from this author.
Christmas in Chamonix by Sasha Wagstaff offers readers an exotic ski locale, a broken heart, a broody hero, and a little bit of romance. When Lily heads to Chamonix for a new job opportunity and to heal a broken heart—she does not expect to meet Luc, the grumpy ski instructor who hates Christmas.  This novel offers readers a great mixture of angst, romance, and holiday vibes. If you love Christmas, grumpy heroes, and a little bit of angst with your romance—add this to your holiday reading list this year.
Super cute Winter romance that got me so ready for the winter, and gave lots of feel-good vibes.

Some aspects of the plot were very predictable, such as the catalyst for the plot at the beginning of the book and a few times I found myself becoming irritated at the characters.

Overall though, I was able to look past those few flaws and enjoy the book as the light, fluffy and fun romance it was made out to be.
Loved this gorgeous Christmas book, it would make a brilliant Hallmark movie!
Brilliant characters and an interesting story that kept me entertained and enthralled  throughout.
Fun and sometimes emotional, it has everything that you would wish in a romcom book.
Wow what a book. I could feel all the love and pain that the author was writing about. I fell in love with Lilly and also Chamonix. I adored that ending. I will be checking out new books by this author.
Lovely festive read. It was a heart warming romance. It was a wonderful book to read. It was well written and flowed well.
Is it really a surprise to anyone that a romance starring a handsome French ski instructor, a relatable female protagonist, set in the French Alps (Chamonix, to be exact as you might guess from the title) at Christmas time, would be enjoyable? No, exactly. And this lovely story was a win for me.

Characters:
Lily, as a female protagonist was everything you would want in a relatable, still-finding-themselves kind of character. Charming, funny and a little bit lost, Lily's move to Chamonix after finding out her best friend Jamie (whom she's been in love with for forever) is dating her older sister (ouch!), signals the beginning of a growth journey for her. She slowly begins to grow as a character, becoming more sure of herself and finding the right partner for her along the way. Oh and she loves Christmas (which is always a bonus)
Luc on the other hand, hates Christmas (for his own reasons) and ooh boy - he was fantastic!! More than just being handsome or hot and French - he did care for Lily and that's kind of important. However, of course there were efforts to make him more multi-dimensional which were well appreciated on my end, but I would have loved to have seen a bit more depth even.
I have to make a quick note on a certain female character who is antagonised throughout the novel for her attachment to Luc. As much as the explanation made sense, I would have loved to have seen this developed further.
Storyline and Plotting:
No real complaints here! Moved at an appropriate speed, etc. Loved Lily's overcoming of her fear of skiing and heights (although I did feel that the reason behind it could have been explored a bit more, given the seriousness of the issue).
Overall:
Wonderful. Christmassy. Warm. Romantic. What more could you want?

Note: I was very kindly provided an ARC of this novel by the publisher and the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts expressed are my own.
Really wonderful christmas story. Full of charm, romance, great characters, and magic settings this book will get you in the mood to put your christmas tree up early, it did me anyway. Lovely story, i would really recommend it.
This book has made me desperate to put up my Christmas tree. It is a fab read and I’ve loved it. I was pulled into the story from the very beginning. A definite must read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I liked the story very much.  Although it was billed as a romcom, I didn't find it very funny. It dealt with some pretty serious issues. The main characters were all extremely strong; each one having to deal with some kind of issue.  It was well-written and handled each issue with care....except maybe Jamie 😉. He should have been spanked.

Best of all, HEAs were had by all.

This book was gifted to me by the author and NetGalley in return for an honest review.