Cover Image: The Saturday Supper Club

The Saturday Supper Club

I enjoyed reading this one. Had a hard time putting it down. First read by this author looking forward to reading more.
In The Saturday Supper Club by Amy Bratley, Eve and Ethan were a match made in heaven, or so she thought until he disappeared from her life in London and went to Rome three years ago with no real explanation. It took some time, but she did heal and started a new relationship with a long-time friend, Joe, a really good guy.

Imagine the tailspin her heart goes into when she opens her door to find Ethan there; he’s a guest for The Saturday Supper Club, a contest Joe encouraged her to enter. Ethan is a participant in the contest as well, which means she’ll be seeing him for three more meals as each of the four contestants take turns preparing a supper.

With her heartstrings still responding to Ethan, Eve is in a quandary as she knows Joe wants to propose marriage. She says she really only wants to know WHY Ethan disappeared from her life, but she still gets tingles from being around him.

She really doesn’t need this complication in her life right now as she is trying to renovate a building and turn it into a café.

Will they reconcile? Will Joe win out? Will Eve lose out on both of them? Will the café open? Who wins the Saturday supper club contest? These questions are answered in The Saturday Supper Club by Amy Bratley.

My review will be posted on Goodreads starting April 15, 2020.

Amy Bratley is a new-to-me author, and I did enjoy this first experience with her. I need good ol’ chick lit in my life from time to time, and this one fit the bill.

I’d like to thank Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in return for an objective review.
I really enjoyed the storyline for this novel. An engaging read with interesting characters & in my opinion the main character ended up with the right man.
I never imagined that behind any dinner party there could be so much side fishing going on! I ate up this book! I loved every delicious part of it!! 4 stars!
I loved the premise of this story.  4 amateur cooks compete for a prize by cooking 4 dinners for 4 weeks.  When Eve is persuaded by her new boyfriend Joe to enter the contest she agrees so he can get a job interview.  She's shocked when the first dinner guest is her ex love of her life, who left her three years ago. A nice feel good romance with the usual twist and turns. This is a new author for me and I'll be looking for some of her other titles.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Pensé que me iba a gustar porque suelo adorar este tipo de historias, pero según iba pasando las páginas la historia me iba gustando menos. La idea del Saturday Supper Club me parece divertida, pero las cosas que pasan en el club me acabaron pareciendo repetitivas. Eve ha resultado ser un personaje pesado que no tiene ni idea de lo que quiere y que da vueltas a lo mismo una y otra vez, aunque está bien construido porque es cierto que hay personas así. Lo que pasa es que la trama del triángulo ha resultado ser tan pesada que se me hacía interminable la historia. Además, había tanto drama que ha resultado algo surrealista. Una pena, de verdad, pero no es el libro para mí.
The Saturday supper club. What can I say about this book that’s hasn’t already been said?? I loved it and I hope you read it and love it.
The Saturday Supper Club was an interesting look at what happens when one woman’s past is suddenly right in front of her. I enjoyed the way the characters’ relationships were depicted. Eve takes part in a supper club as a favor for her boyfriend. She has no idea that her ex who took off with no real explanation three years ago will be one of her dinner guests. From the minute she sees him, her life is torn apart. Things get complicated and strained with her boyfriend. When she finally finds out why her ex actually took off she will be hurt even more. Eve is torn between her past and her current relationship as everything begins to fall apart. I really enjoyed how Eve’s relationships were shown. Eve and her father have a warm close relationship. But Eve’s relationship with her sister isn’t as easy. They struggle all the time to stay close and understand each other.
Along the lines of " Come Dine With Me", 4 strangers get together to take part in The Saturday Supper Club, a weekly feature in a newspaper.   Eve, the main character hadn't planned on taking part but steps in at the last minute to help her boyfriend out and with the fact that her own cafe is due to open any minute now  - it can't hurt can it?

Except, the first person to arrive at Eve's is her ex-boyfriend!

This book was not at all what I had been expecting.
Almost every single character was just vile and I didn't find myself caring or rooting for any of them.
I honestly just could not get into this book.  I tried multiple times and never got more than a chapter or two in.  I held off leaving a review in hopes that I'd come back to it and give it a fair read (and therefore review), but it isn't in the cards.
Three years have passed since Eve has seen Ethan, now he is back can her heart take it? Especially as there is a new man in her life. This has elements of Come Dine With Me, a show which I always find hilarious.  Yet this for me, unfortunately,  didn’t hit the mark.
More like a 2.5 stars because I am mad!
Why?
I'll tell you. . .
 Isn't this is why people write reviews! To answer the questions!!!!!
Starting with . . .
The author has such a unique talent of world and character building, but somehow I could not enjoy this book as much as I wanted to.
Because, it includes one of my most pet peeves!
I enjoy a good love triangle as long it is done well and all the actions taken by the character in question seems real.
But in case of Eve, the person she finally chooses to be with in the final chapters seems forced and somehow unjustified.
🍝REVIEW🍝⠀
⠀
If you're a fan of Come Dine with Me and of British Chic Lit then you would really enjoy this! ⠀
⠀
I am a huge fan of the show and so I gobbled this book up (no pun intended). I thoroughly enjoyed the food aspect and the the two contestants of the competition namely Maggie and Andrew. They were my favourite characters of the story. ⠀
⠀
A huge negative for me was Ethan. Oh my word, talk about egotistical, self-centred, self-obsessed, selfish, irresponsible, inconsiderate and just plain disrespectful. I assume he is not meant to be a likeable character but good golly a little remorse or self-growth would have been great. He treated everything like a joke and had no regard for anyone else but himself.⠀
⠀
The main character was okay and I could understand her dilemma to an extent. Yet towards the end I wanted to give her a huge slap across the face and scream, "Wake up already!"⠀
⠀
All in all I loved the competition aspect of the book, I adored the side characters (except Daisy, but that's another rant for another day) but could not could not care less about the main characters and I also felt the book was way too long.
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.

This was a cute read with a cute story.  I got a kick out of the cooking and the relationships in the book!
Overall not a bad story but I wasn't really impressed with the story or the characters .  I  did not find this to be very romantic or heartwarming as was implied.  There really wasn't anyone to root for.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don’t care what the average rating of this book is, this was a darn good book! The characters were believable and I truly felt the emotions of what they were going through - especially the main character Eve. Man am I ever the sucker for a second chance romance novel.

This book is about Eve whose boyfriend Joe volunteers her for a contest called The Saturday Supper Club. And old fling of Eve’s is also a contestant and she must grapple between nostalgia of a past romance and her current love.
I really wanted to like this book.  It had all of the ingredients I like in this sort of book: cooking, romantic triangles, self employment, etc, but it fell far short of expectations.  It was difficult to invest in the characters, and the Supper Club, after being introduced as the catalyst for Ethan coming back on the scene was largely ignored.  Very disappointed.
I was able to read this book thanks to NetGalley. This was a cute romantic read.
Eve and Ethan are a couple until Ethan abruptly leaves her. They meet again unexpectedly for a “supper club” competition and Ethan wants Eve back. I did enjoy this book though I did not find Ethan a very like able character. I will be looking forward to reading other books from this author.
Thanks again to NetGalley.
A lovely read e,a book full of warmth wonderful characters .I cuddled up in my reading chair and was swept away into another place and time .Highly recommend this book this author.Looking forward to reading more books by her.#netgalley#bookouture
Was never quite sure where this story was going, but enjoyed the ride! The background characters contributed much more than I thought they would.