Cover Image: A Minute to Midnight

A Minute to Midnight

Second book in the FBI agent Attlee Pine series
I enjoyed this book with the twisting plot and great main character
After reading the first book in the series I thought it would kick on but a lot of the book looked back
However it’s an enjoyable read
This is the first Atlee Pine book I’ve read and I love it. Fabulous plot which although seemed like a lot going on at once panned out great at the end.
This is a wonderful, fast paced and exciting crime novel which is about an FBI agent called Atlee Pine and her search for her missing twin sister Mercy.  I really loved this book and I enjoyed the story about the sister, as well as another story that was running alongside it.  This is book 2 in the series and I was able to read it fine without reading book 1.  I will be reading book 3 soon and I look forward to it very much!

Many thanks to the author, publisher and netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
A minute to midnight by David Baldacci.
This is book 2 of Atlee Pine series.
Omg  absolutely brilliant.  I love this series.  I was curious about Myron.  I didn't trust him. Atlee is still my favourite.  Wow. Plenty of twists and surprises.  I'm looking forward to reading book 3. 5*.
Does Mr Baldacci ever fail to deliver ?
If he does then I've patently missed it
Have pretty much read all his publications going back over a number of years now and this one is right up there.
Keep them coming.
one to read with all the lights on scary jumpy and keeps you guessing till the end. Well worth the read
A good thriller that grows in tension after a slightly slow start. It thick all the boxes and I think it'll be a crowd-pleaser with the aficionados of the genre.
This is the second book in the Atlee Pine series but the first I have read.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the plot was well thought out & the characters were an interesting and diverse bunch of people. As the storyline developed I was trying to work out who the murderer was & didn't expect the ending to be what it was.
Another great read from David Baldacci with some unexpected twists and turns. It's nice to see a lead female character kicking ass and taking numbers - I look forward to reading more of the exploits of Atlee Pine.
David Baldacci never feels to write books that draw me in.Second in a new series ,plot line so well written strong female characters twists and turns.A book that kept me reading late into the night.Looking forward to next in series,#netgalley#panmacmillan,
A Minute to Midnight is the second book in the Atlee Pine series, however it was the first one of the series that I have read and it really didn't matter.  With great, well-rounded characters, a multi-faceted, twisted storyline and action and suspense woven throughout, this killer thriller will absorb you from the off and will really keep you guessing until the end. Another Baldacci corker.  Just loved it.

Many thanks to Netgalley and TBC for a copy of this ARC for which I have given my voluntary and unbiased review.
#AminuteToMidnight #NetGalley First read of the new year and another stomper from David Baldacci.  Special Agent Atlee Pine is investigating a personal case that has been hovering in the background of previous book in this series but is now full on in this one.  David Baldacci is an excellent writer and keeps you hooked right from the beginning.  The pace is fast and plenty of action and I loved the fact that an old cold case was running alongside a current one.  A bombshell dropped for Atlee at the end which has left me desperately awaiting the next one in this series.  A cracking 5 stars!
David Baldacci.  Opening a book from this author is a guarantee of a late night or two as you know you will get drawn straight in and not want to put if down, even if you were able to.

Another strong lead character, the second book in the series, and happy expectations of more to come.

The book, like all of his previously, delivers exactly what the reader expects.

Buy it, read it, love it.
I love psychological thrillers, police procedural and murder stories and there are many authors of whom I know, the moment I start their new novel, I will be hooked. David Baldacci is definitely one of those writers. This is not the first Atlee Pine novel he’s written, but it is the first I’ve read. Atlee has returned to Andersonville the town where she lived for a while with her parents and her twin sister Mercy. Atlee has come back to solve her sister’s abduction and disappearance now she is aFBI agent. Atlee arrives in Andersonville with her assistant Carol Blum and before she can blink she finds a murdered woman in an alley on a walk through the town. As Atlee helps the local, police with this mysterious death she start to question some locals about the time her sister disappeared and she was left for dead. Is this all connected? Is Mercy still alive somewhere? Where is her mother after she left her when she was 18?
A fabulous fast paced novel that kept me hooked from the start and wanting more when I finished. Another amazing read from this excellent writer.
Great novel. My first introduction to Atlee Pine but I’ll be looking for more in the series. Fast paced, full of action and intrigue.
David Baldacci is a master story teller and this one is no different. He combines pacy plot and compelling characters in a way that has you racing through the pages. It reads as a very visual experience for me - I could picture everything going on, like I was right there in the middle of every scene.
If you like your Baldacci books served up with generous helpings of action, and not a few dead bodies to emphasise the evil that our lead character Agent Pine is confronting, you won’t be disappointed by A Minute to Midnight. The book cleverly links a cold case with a current - and fast developing - current case. The cold case is deeply personal for FBI Agent Pine and leads her to begin an off the books investigation of her own. This soon throws up evidence of a dangerous serial killer who has suddenly become active in the town where Pine’s investigation is focused. There are false trails aplenty, whilst the pace builds satisfactorily as the book heads towards its dramatic denouement. An enjoyable tale - recommended.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I have read a number from David Baldacci and this didn't disappoint.  Gritty story telling with enough intrigue and I enjoyed the strong female characters throughout.   Would recommend to anyone who enjoys his work.
The Atlee Pine series shoots forward at breakneck speed with this second volume. This is a character with great potential for an ongoing series and Baldacci does her justice with a great plot. Atlee is still trying to solve the mystery of what happened the night she was attacked and her then six year old twin sister, Mercy, was abducted. Atlee’s journey takes her back to the town of Andersonville, the scene of Mercy’s disappearance. With her trusty assistant, Carol, in tow, Atlee starts digging around and finds that trouble seems to follow her as dead bodies start popping up and the mystery of that terrible night deepens.

The Atlee Pine series is clearly in it for the long haul. The mystery of her sister’s abduction is more complex than the author let on in the first book. There’s a lot more characters in this book and each one has a different perspective or nugget of information about Atlee’s family. Atlee is your classic loner law enforcer character but Baldacci is starting to show a few chinks in her emotional armour. Carol makes a perfect foil for her. There’s some really nice interplay between the two characters and she serves as a great sounding board for Atlee.

The main plot is a murder mystery which is pretty original. Atlee plays nice with local law enforcement as they try to solve the crime, all the while keeping one eye on her own mystery. Baldacci is an expert writer who juggles both plots with ease. This is a really enjoyable and absorbing book and must have for regular Baldacci readers and thriller fans in general. There’s obviously so much more to come from this series and I can’t wait for the next volume. Do yourself a favour and catch up on this excellent series without delay.

I received a ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a fair review.
New heroine read others in different series. Baldacci again drew another great character out of the hat. Brilliant series can’t wait for more.