Cover Image: Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner

Chicken is such a versatile meat with endless possibilities but sometimes we get stuck in a rut. Not anymore! Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner has over 50 different chicken recipes from all different types of cuisine that can be cooked on the grill, in the oven, fried or in a pot. The photos are great and I liked the colourful pages with clear step by step recipes. There is even information on how to prepare your chicken. Such a handy cookbook for anyone who loves chicken.
Thanks to Netgalley.com and Storey Publishing for this complimentary eARC copy.
Lovely recipes in this book. Very easy to follow and delicious to try. I enjoyed this book as I could expand my chicken repertoire..
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner by: Stacie Billis

This book was actually a surprise to me. It contained chicken recipes I had not heard of. I especially liked the Greek ones. It’s great to learn different dishes from around the world. Some of the best dishes are ones from grandmas kitchen.The step by step instructions are easy to follow and a picture is included with each recipe.
Go ahead and try some of the recipes!
4☆ A Delicious and Informative Chicken Lovers Cookbook

If you love Chicken or want to experiment more with different types of chicken recipes then this book is definitely for you!

It Tells you about the different cuts of meat on a chicken and the best meat for the recipe you need ie, thigh, breast, whole
All About food safety and handling of chicken which is so important.
Also.... Do Not Wash Chicken!!
The amount of recipes I've see telling you to wash chicken it's so so dangerous!

There is also a nice breakdown of kitchen utensils to use, with lovely pictures added.

I did like that they included a step by step guide with pictures on how to cut up a whole chicken. Which is particularly useful so you can get the most value from the chicken effectively.

Part 3 is the juicy bit, all kinds of recipes.
It's worth noting that all recipes are in tablespoons and cup sizes. Which is ok if you have them and a bit of a faff if you need to convert.
* But I must add that they have included a Metric Conversion at the back of the book which does need a lil working out *

Each recipe has a list of ingredients, a step by step method and cooks notes then a photo of the finished product, which I like as at least you can see what you're aiming for.

The ingredients are pretty easy to get hold of and alot are store cupboard ingredients like spices and herbs, oil, butter, garlic etc..

All the photos are a lil mouthwatering so be prepared to be a bit hungry after reading it.

Ok now a few examples of the recipes

* All Purpose Sauces
- Tzatziki
- Chimichurri
- Lebanese Garlic Sauce
- Zingy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Recipes
- Baked Cacio e Pepe Chicken Tenders (not fried)
- Sheet Pan Shawarma

- Honey Mustard
- Lemony - Oregano
- Orange - Chipotle
- Raunch

So as you can see a real mixed bunch of scrumptious dishes.
This is not just a cookbook but it's also Educational and Informative with lovely pictures to give guidance.
I can't wait to try some of the delicious recipes out.
Enjoy!
The perfect cookbook for lockdown cooking.  As we can’t eat out at the moment, or have takeaways delivered we are having to cook for ourselves a lot more than normal.  We enjoy chicken but were running out of new ways to serve it up.  This lovely book solved the problem.   Clear instructions meant I was willing to have a go at spatchcocking a bird and found it much easier than I ever thought.  Although aimed at an American audience most of the book is just as relevant here in the UK.
Well written cookbook. Tried a few of the recipes and they yummy! This is our go-to chicken cookbook.
This cookbook offers instuction on picking out, cutting up chicken, and carving your cooked meat, as well as advice on picking your tools.
  Liberally lace with gorgeous pictures from start to finish, it's easy to see what the finished product should look like.
  Prepping, marinades and bring take up a chapter, a practice that adds flavor to the finished product.
   Flavored butters and  sauces are addressed before they get to the recipes.
   To top off the delicios recipes, they finish with more to use up your leftover chicken.
   All beautifully illustrated. I bought 10 pounds and plan to cook this weekend.
   I requested and received a Netgalley ARC to peruse
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. Yum Yum Yum, many of these recipes are going to be tried once I get this book in my hands.
This was a very well written cookbook. I found the layout to flow well and the recipes were easy to understand and follow along to. I look forward to trying some of them out for my family.
I cook a lot of chicken. I was a vegetarian for twenty plus years, but a few years ago something changed and I had a hard time digesting a lot of my protein staples. I started eating chicken again and immediately felt better. Bodies are weird. For all the cookbooks I have, I don’t really have any that are chicken focused. I still gravitate towards vegetarian cookbooks. I requested Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner from NetGalley because my chicken repertoire is haphazard. I received this in exchange for an honest review.

I went back and forth on this book. Only a couple of recipes really jumped out at me, but as I read more closely I realized that it lays a solid foundation for cooking chicken. Billis gets into the basics of butchering, dry brines, marinades and sauces.  After some of the recipes she goes into how you can use those techniques or adapt the recipe to make the chicken dish you want to make. It’s a thoughtful cookbook that gives a foundation and then encourages the cook to adventure out on their own.

It did bother me that in her Puerto Rican Arroz con Pollo recipe, she doesn’t mention sofrito. It seemed a bit lazy after all the information and discussion of ingredients she provides other places. My other complaint was that I found the time on the recipe for Oliver’s Chicken to be about 15 minutes short. I did dry brine the chicken (salt, rosemary, lemon zest and pepper) and it was as tasty as promised. But it took half again as long to cook.

The photos are great, and I think this would be a good cookbook for a newer cook. It’s worthwhile for the techniques and the basics.
It’s just what the title said. A beautifal cook book dedicated to our family favorite meal – Chicken. With detailed directions on type of chicken you should buy – organic, air or water chilled, and antibiotic free, along with the usual don’t wash chicken, but do sterilize utensils, hands and surfaces!
You are shown how to cut up a whole chicken, how to prepare boneless thighs, splitting and deboning breasts, and how to butterfly a whole chicken or separate pieces of chicken.But it goes pass that with great recipes the whole family can enjoy and make – I think we will be having Chicken tonight…
An all about chicken cookbook. The cookbook itself had some great recipes. The pictures and explanations were great. However it seemed short. I would've liked more recipes and more diverse recipes.
Great book and lots of chicken recipes! This book is colorful and well organized. There are recipes for you to make in the oven, in a pan, in a pot, and on a grill and how to use leftover chicken. The photos are pretty and vibrant. It's a must have book. I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review
Simple, effective directions - easily acquired ingredients - family pleasing offerings - what's not to like! This genial cookbook by Stacie Billis IS a winner and will pull its weight on my kitchen cookbook shelf.
I thought that this was a very good cookbook. If you are bored with the same old chicken recipes that you always use and want to try something new this book gives you lots of options. I loved that each recipe featured a photograph. This made for an attractive book as well as informative. The recipes themselves offer a wonderful variety of dishes. This cookbook also covers an array of cooking options that include roasting, slow cooking, grilling, using your instant pot and the stovetop. I felt the book provided selections for a range of dining occasions and they ranged from fairly simple to a moderate cooking skill level. I feel that this book would be a excellent addition to any kitchen and regardless of your cooking skill. Aside from the recipes, plenty of tips and tricks are included that will surely up your cooking game.
Clean, easy to follow, and filled with bright pictures that make all of the dishes look like the best chicken dish ever!  I especially appreciate the fact that about 98% of the recipes are all on one page - so much easier to negotiate the recipe, in my opinion.  Made a few of the dishes, and none of the them ask too much of you time and ingredient-wise which is fantastic for me, and they were hits.  A strong recommend!
Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner is a well curated recipe collection for chicken in a variety of creative and delicious ways. Released 28th April 2020 by Storey, it's 160 pages and available in paperback and ebook formats.

This is a beautifully presented book, well written and photographed. The recipes are appetizing and made with easily sourced ingredients. It also includes one of the best and most accessible (and least intimidating) tutorials for cutting up a whole chicken at home. The pictures are *clear* and *large* and understandable. Buying whole chickens is much much less expensive than buying already cut up chicken and will give you different cuts of meat for different dishes. It's also quite possible to source farm raised birds locally increasing the quality and freshness of the meat. The book doesn't include any instruction for butchering live birds. There are other cutting and prep tutorials included such as butterflying chicken breasts, filleting, and carving. The equipment chapter also gives a good overview on equipment and supplies which will make life a lot easier.

The recipes are arranged by cooking type: oven, pan, pot, grill. There are numerous recipes in each category. The recipes have their ingredients listed bullet style in a sidebar. The headers include a description and introduction. Measurements are given in US standard only (there is a metric conversion chart at the end of the book). Special tools and ingredients are also listed, along with yields and cooking directions. Most of the ingredients are easily sourced at any moderately well stocked grocery store (some items will need a specialist co-op or world-food/specialist grocery). Nutritional information is not included. Cook's notes and variations for each recipe are also included in a footer at the end.The recipes all fit on a single page (which is super convenient for reading from a tablet when your hands are full of flour). The book also includes a recipe list and index. The chapter on using leftovers is full of good tips on reducing waste.

Well written, very well presented, full of tasty family-friendly recipes.

Five stars.

Truly a Winning Cookbook
I chose this cookbook because the title made me giggle, but I really enjoyed it. Although I haven’t tried many of the recipes yet, the one I enjoyed cooking most was Arroz con Pollo (Puerto Rican style). It smelled wonderful from the moment I sautéed the vegetables, and tasted delicious. Here’s a few of the reasons I gave this cookbook 5 stars:

•	Delicious sounding chicken recipes from basic to adventurous
•	Each recipe is on a single page, so no flipping needed
•	Ingredients for each dish are listed in a colorful section to the left of the cooking instructions, making this easy to read when you are glancing from each step then back to ingredients
•	Brief personal stories relating to each recipe
•	How to Carve a Whole Chicken – 2 separate sets of instructions and illustrations for both cooked as well as raw chicken  – something everyone should learn
•	How to Butterfly a Chicken Breast (illustrated)
•	How to Make a Dry Brine, making the chicken more juicy and flavorful
•	How to select your meat, and safe handling tips (food safety)
•	Appetizing pictures of most of the dishes
•	Five All-Purpose Sauces for Dipping, Dressing, and Drizzling

This cookbook is filled with recipes you’ll want to try right away.

My copy was provided in advance from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner by Stacie Bills is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early April.

With superbrite, colorful backdrops and plating, these are instructions on how to safely prepare raw chicken, then single-page globally-minded recipes are divied up into chapters on how you want to heat chicken (with an oven, pan, pot, or grill) interspliced with even more tips and suggestions. Overall, it's helpful, offers a myriad of flavors, and a windfall of options if this is your favorite protein.
A really good book. I like how cutting up a whole chicken is explained along with photographs. I am looking forward to trying new ways to cook a whole chicken. I also like the idea of cooking more with chicken thighs which is something I rarely do. I would definitely think about buying a paper copy of this book.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy.