Cover Image: Unicorn Training

Unicorn Training

I DON'T KNOW WHO KEEPS LETTING ME REQUEST/READ UNICORN PICTURE BOOKS BUT I LOVE YOU! I am immediately adding Unicorn Training to my cart on whatever book site I found it on first. It would be the perfect book to give a child who has recently added a pet to the family or are considering getting one. But, also, it's perfect to read any time for any reason. 🦄📚💖
A short and sweet picture book about patience, perseverance and the responsibility of owning a pet. With colourful illustrations, children will be begging for an aborable unicorn of their own after this!
I received this book as a a free ARC from NetGalley in return for an honest review. I love the artwork and message of the book and who doesn't love unicorns. I especially like the for further discussion questions and tips at the end of the book. It helps students, parents, and teachers connect the story more with real life, comprehension of the book, and helps starts conversations. Having said that, there has been a flood of unicorn books for readers to select from and so it doesn't make this as unique as could it be.
This was so sweet and my eleven-year-old daughter - who loves unicorns - was massively taken by it! We really enjoyed reading it together
I read this book to my nine and six year old at home--they love unicorns! This book was funny--both girls loved that the unicorn tooted glitter. This book was a great reminder of the patience every person/animal needs in learning to do new skills.
I also took this book to school. I used this book with a group of girls working on speech sound errors and they adored this book. This book was a great length, was both humorous, endearing, and very kid friendly.
My kindergarteners loves unicorns! The little girl in this book really wants a unicorn of her own. Finally, she gets one but it needs training. It is a difficult process with a lot of bumps along the road. Good book about perseverance!
This is a sweet story about caring for a pet and being persistent and patient when bringing an new four legged member into the family. My daughter is almost five years old and she loved this story. Unicorns are hot property in our home, so this story fit the bill This book would make a great birthday or Christmas gift for a unicorn lover.
This is the story of a little girl who really wants to train a Unicorn which apparently is kind of like training a horse and a dog at the same time.  I particularly liked the illustrations - they were bright and fun.

Thank you to NetGalley for this ARC.
My 5 year old daughter really enjoyed this book. The illustrations are colorful and interesting. The story is funny and entertaining for a parent and child to enjoy together. If you have a unicorn fan in the house, this would be a fun book to have!
I wanted this to be cuter than it was.  The artwork was fine but was not a fan of the writing.  On the lookout for unicorn books for summer reading at the library next year.
Tilly takes in Splodge a rescue unicorn and is sure training him will be a piece of cake. But unicorn training proves much harder than Tilly thought. Will Splodge ever be a good unicorn?

The author did some really obvious parallels between training a unicorn and training a dog so this would be a great book to somewhat sneakily break it to a little one that having a pet is a lot more work than perhaps they think. Unicorn lovers will eat up the idea of having a little one as a family pet. The bright colors and fun illustration style will grab little readers’ attention. And really, I don’t think you can go wrong with a unicorn. I kind of wanted them to show a few more steps in Splodge’s training, but it was still good. Hand this to unicorn lovers and kids who think they are ready for a pet.

I received an ARC of this title from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This book was sent to me to read  in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is a beautifully illustrated story that is bright and eye-catching and draws the reader/audience in. My little one really enjoyed this story and wanted to read it again straight after I read it to her.
This book is great for teaching children about the importance of having a pet - that it can be a challenge and not easy and that a pet needs a lot of care, love and attention for it to learn and grow.
A beautiful book we will read again and again.
5☆ A Heart Warming and Fun Children's Story about caring for a pet.

First of all I want to start by saying I absolutely LOVE the eye catching, bright and colourful illustrations, it really bought this heart warming story to life!

Tilly helps out at her local Unicorn Rescue Sanctuary and she loves the unicorns so much she wishes she could rescue one herself.

Well it's a good job Splodge turns up. As Tilly falls in love with him straight away and a bond is formed.

No one said looking after a pet is easy and Splodge is mischievous, cheeky, full of energy, fun, and a zest for adventure.
If only he would listen to Tilly.

Tilly has to learn ways to train Splodge to be more obedient and listen or she is worried her parents will get rid of him.

What I loved about this book was that Tilly refused to give up even when things got tough. It Teaches children how important it is to care for all aspects of raising a pet, not just the fun bits. It Teaches responsibility and perseverance. That patience pays off eventually.

The Characters are Endearing and beautifully drawn out.
The moral of the story is a strong message and is very easy for all ages to understand.
I loved the short sharp dialogue, it helps to keep children's attention.
I also liked thatat the back of the book there was points for discussion and games to play. Although some of those are more geared to the older readers, so some adaption might be needed.

Unicorn Training by Amanda Brandon is the perfect anytime read for children aged 4-9.
Its heart warming, fun, cheeky, and very endearing. I will definitely recommend reading it, it would make a wonderful present.

Thank you to Quarto Publishing and Netgalley for this copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
My 3 year old. granddaughter absolutely adored this book. The mischievous unicorn and bright colorful illustrations are sure to keep any little one entertained!
Much to the sheer glee of my toddler and girls everywhere, the book market is currently saturated with unicorn books. My daughter has unicorn everything! So, when I received an ARC of "Unicorn Training" by Amanda Brandon, I was excited to share it with my daughter!

The book follows a girl, Tilly, who helps take care of unicorns. She desperately wants a unicorn of her very own. Tilly brings home Splodge, a “scruffy and sad” little unicorn. Her parents are unconvinced that Splodge can be trained to live with them, but Tilly perseveres with Splodge’s training regime.

The artwork was fun, colorful, and on par with other popular unicorn children’s books on the shelves. I loved that the main character stuck to her commitment and trained Splodge to be a well-mannered member of the family. If you are looking to teach your children about how to care for animals, this would be a good book to read together.

I had a complaint with the technical aspects of this book. I think this could be a good read aloud book for children under 4 years of age. However, if your child is already reading picture books independently, some of the technical issues might be confusing for them. I found the italicized dialogue excessive and potentially confusing. With young readers it is essential that we give them books that model accurate grammar, mechanics, and usage in books.

I would give this a 3 star rating. In the current unicorn obsessed market, this one just doesn’t stand out as much as I had hoped. It was a solid story with a good lesson for the very young preschool reader, but the technical problem was enough to pull me out of the story. If you have a unicorn crazy youngster this book may be for you.
Unicorns, these mythical creatures are just not going away and rightly so! Who wouldn't want a pet unicorn? Tilly loovvvessss unicorns and is lucky enough to get her own little unicorn, Splodge.

Splodge, like any domestic pet, is quite tricky to train. He knocks over stuff with his tail, he eats dad's shoes and doesn't respond to his name. Tilly struggles until it all works out and is rewarding with fizzy and fuzzy feelings.

A great book for students interested in learning about the responsibilities that come with pet ownership - even with a pet unicorn.
Children often want pets; they dream about them, beg their parents for them and then sometimes don't know what to do with the pet that they now have.  In Unicorn Training, the story is about Tilly and her Unicorn.  It could as easily, but less whimsically, be about a child and their dog.  With simple text and delightful illustrations, readers/listeners will watch as Tilly tries to train her pet and also watch as her pet (not surprisingly) charms the family.

The book concludes with discussion questions and activities.  It is geared toward pre-schoolers.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review.
Super cute. It has a different take.on the unicorn craze. Splodge is a unique unicorn that needs to be trained. Tillie takes it upon herself to get the job done. This is a cute funny story with great illustrations.
Unicorn Training is magical. The start to end kept the interest of the listeners, and the illustrations brought big smiles. There was a hard problem, but it was hard work that made it possible to over come. That’s is a lesson everyone can be reminded of!
Tilly has found the little unicorn she wants to keep forever! But the little one isn't trained, and Tilly must learn to be patient in order help her little unicorn become a member of the family.

Unicorn Training is a lovely story about patience, making an effort, and living with a pet. It's a sweet story that children will love. Bonus feature: the little unicorn is actually adorable!

A recommended read for young children.