Never Enough

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Dec 2019

Loved the story line for this book as well as the character flow. I have been a fan of this author since her first book and this one did not disappoint. I enjoyed the concept and the level of the angst/drama that was involved.
The first book of the new series. In this one, Lincon wants to start her life one her own turns and she moves in Montant in a former house from Brook the bull-rider. Brook has a lot of baggage and guilt from the past will he be able to overcome all for Lincoln? I have mixed feelings about the book I liked that it has its funny moments, both Brook and Lincoln are ok characters their love story is just a little bit predictable it could be more developed she just falls all to fast for him. The story about the family drama and I am waiting to see how will another from Shows brother fall in love.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
Having never read a ‘cowboy’ book before I was a little hesitant, but this had some great reviews and it didn’t disappoint!

From the start, it’s a heartbreaking story to read, young bull racer, Brock Shaw, has lost his beloved wife and has a young son who he leaves at home with his parents while he competes. He clearly loves his son greatly but can’t cope with his own emotions and come to terms with his wife’s death, which he blames himself for.

Then Lincoln Pratt, an interior designer from out of town arrives and buys Brock’s old house. They get off to a bad start, but she falls in love with Brocks son and family instantly!

The characters are well developed and very loveable, it’s easy to feel involved with them right from the beginning. Quite an emotional book that had me hooked and wanting to read more of Kelly Elliott’s books!

If you are a fan of cowboy, romance, realistic happily-ever-after stories then this is definitely the read for you!
I absolutely adored this book by Kelly Elliott. Never Enough was wonderfully done. I would highly recommend this book!!
Brock and Lincoln story is so beautifully written. A story of overcoming your passed. Creating a new you, future. And little Blayze is so cute! I cant wait to read more of the meet me in Montana series. I loved it and cant recommend this book enough.
‘Never Enough’ is the first book in her brand new ‘Meet Me in Montana’ series. If you love the classic Kelly Elliott cowboy/romance/realistic happily-ever-after stories that will make you feel like you’re being loved each time you turn a page, Never Enough is the book for you.

Also if like me you’re a fan of ‘The Longest Ride’ and Scott Eastwood’s character of Luke Collins, you’ll be finding it hard to resist this book! As did I from just the mere sight of the super attractive, brightly colourful book cover and later of course, the enticing blurb.

As outlined in the book’s description, the story follows Brock Shaw, a bull rider, and Lincoln Pratt, an interior designer. Two people completely on opposing ends of life’s spectrum in chances of meeting, getting together with, and making it work with one another. One’s bull-headed, so to speak, with the intention of keeping his job, family and head all in balance. The other, well she’s looking for a new start and the town of Hamilton, Montana, seems to be that place. It just so happens to be the place where Brock is, and where second chances lie. But are they enough?

From the very first page, it’s clear that this write would be an emotional one to read. Thankfully, for the good. Again outlined within the book’s description, Brock’s young son, much like his strapping rider of a father, will have you falling instantly head-over-boots with his childlike charm, innocence and personality. One thing among many to commend Kelly as a writer, is her admirable and amazing talent to write charming, unforgettable child characters into her stories that make you want to reach right into the pages and hug them yourselves. As well as chuckle a time or two. Much like I did with Chloe from ‘Love At First Sight’, book one in the Southern Brides Series.

Outlined at the beginning of this review, the overall feel of ‘Never Enough’ to me, had a feel of the movie ‘The Longest Ride’ about it. As the movie means so much and has been ingrained into my heart forever, I was pleasantly happy and surprised to see parallels within this book, to the movie itself. Namely, the parallels between Brock’s bull riding, his personality parallel to that of Luke Collins within the movie, as well as the promise that after a dramatic climax has been reached, you’re guaranteed a pull-on-the-heartstrings, soppy, southern happily ever after. If there’s one thing I like about Kelly’s book and the intertwining themes with The Longest Ride in this case, is the relatability as I’ve often said in previous reviews. Kelly has this unique ability to make each story her own, much like the characters, while still making you feel like you can relate to one or more characters, the story, or find a parallel or two. The twinned, seamless mesh of creative flair and relatability ooze from this book to the point I couldn’t put it down. A five star book quality right there.

Switching now to character development and progression, Never Enough had it in spades. And not in the traditional, stereotypical way. Normally, the focus of a character showing hesitancy, vulnerability or heightened emotions falls to that of a lead female character. This time, it is refreshingly the opposite. Wanting to both raise his son, please his family, fight his morals and thoughts on letting another into his heart, Brock is the one stepping into the limelight to show that it isn’t just women who are usually left showing they’re the ones fighting all of the above. I don’t read a lot of books where this is done so expertly, thoughtfully and respectfully towards men. Another point for Kelly and Never Enough.

The only negative thing that I would have to say about Never Enough, is that there were never enough pages left in each chapter to keep the story going so I could read and enjoy these characters, and their stories, for as long as possible. Every single fibre of this book made me scream for more, from wanting to learn more about bull riding and PBR (aside from what I’ve picked up from The Longest Ride), to getting to know a few of the supporting characters a little more, to cheering on when each character experiences a heartfelt high, and wiping tears away at the lows. Never Enough, echoing a tell-tale sign of a Kelly Elliott hit, a classic staple and must-read, is wishing that every time you turned a page, there would be more waiting for you on the other side to tempt you all over again.

As a Kelly Elliott fan for life, I’m telling ya’ll right here and now that no matter what your normal book preference is, weather you’re a bull riding, PBR fan or not, romance lover or not, you’ll find yourself hard-pressed not to be reaching for that pre-order button to enjoy a story that will have you rosining your rope, holding on tight, and for a lot longer than eight seconds.

Five stars Kelly. You did it again!
This brought me back to Kelly’s OG book... Wanted. And not in a good way.
I wasn’t crazy about Wanted and unfortunately I wasn’t crazy about this one. Which is a serious bummer because I love Kelly! Her books are awesome and I feel so giddy when I open a new one!
This romance ticked off all the things I love about this genre. A book that I can sit down with and fall into the story and lives of all the characters immediately. Also, a strong, but wounded hero, add cowboy and single dad, to reel me in and a strong heroine who stands up to and takes no bull from this bull rider, but wants to heal his heart. The sex scenes are smokin’ hot, but not gratuitous. All the family and secondary characters were fully fleshed and add depth to this story. I am looking forward to seeing them in future books in this series.

I can highly recommend this second chance contemporary cowboy romance. I am looking forward to more books in this series and by this author. (less)
The Details:
- 18+
- Book 1 in Meet Me in Montana standalone series
- Contemporary/Small Town Romance
- Emotional Rollercoasting Reading
- Addictive Reading

First up, let me say that as soon as I finished reading this book, I immediately started making plans to binge read her impressive backlist of books. I own all of them and am happily planning spending the next couple of months reading through them all because after reading this sweet, heartwarming, emotional book, I just don't want to leave the world(s) that Kelly Elliott has created.

This book had me hooked as soon as I read the blurb and I started to look forward to reading it. Nevertheless, life got in the way and it wasn't until a few days ago that I found the time to sit down and read this book and I was immediately immersed into the story.
I love the characters in this new series and I can't wait to read the next book.
Thank you for another fantastic read Kelly Elliott!
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Shannan – ☆☆☆☆☆
Never Enough is the first book in the Meet Me in Montana series. I have to say I have been waiting for this book since the day Kelly Elliott announced she was writing a bull riding story, and it did not disappoint. It was everything I hoped it would be.

Brock Shaw lost his wife five years ago and the guilt over that haunts him. He's been raising his son while he's home and leaving Blayze with his parents while he travels on the PBR circuit. Finding love isn't at all on his radar. He's shut off his heart from loving another woman, until he meets the woman who’s purchased the house he had with his wife. There is something about Lincoln Pratt that shakes him to his core.

Lincoln Pratt needed to put some distance between her and her family. She loves them but she needed to gain control over her life and moving to Montana seemed like the perfect idea. After purchasing a house she loved, she and her best friend, Kaylee, made the drive to her new beginning. What she wasn't expecting was that the house’s previous owner was a complete ass and he was the most gorgeous man she's ever seen. She didn't know how to take the glare he was sending her way or the way her belly flipped with just a smirk.

Brock may have taken over the number one spot for the swooniest lead in a Kelly Elliott book. I absolutely loved everything about this read. Brock was sexy and broken. The chemistry between Brock and Lincoln is exactly what a love story should be. Blayze is adorable. If you are a Kelly Elliott fan, you'd be crazy not to pick this one up, and if you've never read this author, it would be a perfect place to start!!
This was a new to me author and I am so happy that I gave her a chance. Such a good storyline! Really enjoyed the characters and how they interacted throughout the book. Will definitely be reading more!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“Every since I first met you, you’ve been a beautiful dream that plays alongside a nightmare.”✨
Brock needs the adrenaline rush of bull riding to escape his past. Longing to forget his wife’s death. While trying to raise his son. Lincoln needs a fresh start. A top interior designer looking to get out from under her fathers thumb and find that something that’s missing in her life. Can they find what they need in each other?✨
If you love:
•Cowboy romance
•Small towns
•Single dad
•Unputdownable
•Dual POV
Then this is the book for you!✨
I am so late to the game with this review. This is a new to me author and I am in awe. The book was written so beautifully, pulling all sorts of emotions. It will start you off with a smile. You will laugh out loud. You’ll feel heartache. It will at times be steamy. And it all flows so well that you wont want to put it down.✨

The author did a really great job at building these characters and showing their personalities. You not only get to know the main couple but the whole family. And they are the sweetest! I really enjoyed the best friend relationship between Lincoln and Kaylee. They reminded me so much of my relationship with my best friend. Their banter was a highlight of this book!✨
The way the author built up the relationship between Lincoln and Brock was perfect. It was quick but at the same time slow. I loved that Lincoln was a strong feisty heroine. It’s not often you see the roles reversed in a sense- with the hero having the trauma in his past that holds him and the relationship back. But it was perfect. I don’t usually read cowboy romance. Some can be pretty over the top. This one was perfect. If your like me and not really into cowboy romance, I would definitely recommend giving this one a try. It was too enjoyable! I am really looking forward to reading more of this authors work! If memory serves me correctly she has the next book in this series coming out in April! I can’t wait!✨
Thank you to @netgalley for providing me with the complimentary copy for my honest review.✨
What is it about Kelly Elliot’s romance that captures you? I Have no clue! The only thing that I know is that whenever I start one of her books, it’s impossible to put it down.

This book was no exception, Brock and Lincoln story was sweet, funny and heartbreaking all in one.

Lincoln is trying to get some independence from her parents, she has been under their shadow for far too long, and now she needs to become who she was always supposed to be, without their help.

Brock has been going through life avoiding real commitments and love, he is not ready to let anyone close to him again. After what happened the last time he did, he is not risking destroying someone else’s life again.

That is until he sees her, she captures him and without even knowing why, he starts changing into a new person, someone that believes in love and want to trust that he can open his heart again and this time around it won’t be disastrous.

Lincoln is fascinated by Brock, he is a mystery and on top of that he is irresistible. Can she overlook all the craziness that seems to come out every time he feels threatened or will she just settle for something easier?

Brock deserves a second chance, but he is the only one that has the power to make it happen, to let go of his fears and take a chance on her. And maybe then, him and his son will finally have that missing piece they have been looking for.
Once again Kelly Elliott has blown me away with her new cowboy romance! I love how she makes her characters so real and personable. Her countryesque books always capture my attention and have me turning the pages for more
4.5 stars

I really enjoyed Never Enough by Kelly Elliott and a lovely start to the Meet Me in Montana series.

*Thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the ARC *
Never Enough is the first book in Kelly Elliott's new series Meet Me in Montana. The story is heartwarming, family, second chance at love, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Brock is so swoon-worthy, a bit of a jerk, and dealing with loss, bull rider, single father. Lincoln is sweet and caring, she's starting a new adventure, interior designer, and when she meets this rugged cowboy, she doesn't know whether to lasso him, or strangle him. So much chemistry, I surprised my kindle didn't start fire. I liked the best friends, and family dynamics, they added some funny moments. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
This is the first time reading a book from this author and now I'm a fan. Never Enough is full heartbreak, but also very heartwarming and had plenty of humor. I connected with all the characters and especially loved Blayze. The main characters Brock and Lincoln had perfect chemistry the day they met - even though Brock was a jerk!

I'm hoping to get more book with the Shaw brothers down the road.
5 She’s the Light He Didn’t Know He Was Searching For Stars!!!

There’s nothing better than a new series and new characters to fall in love with when they’re written by Kelly Elliott!

Never Enough is the first book in her new series, Meet Me in Montana and I LOVED EVERY SINGLE THING about this book! Lincoln is a young woman that’s starting over with her move to Montana and the purchase of a home located on Brock’s family’s land. While she’s excited for this new beginning, she wasn’t prepared for the attitude that comes from the former home’s owner Brock Shaw!!

Brock’s on the PBR and when we first meet him, my heart completely melted as he talked with his four-year old son Blayze; who by the way, I’ve claimed as my new BBF, so hands off! LOL!! While Brock doesn’t want anything to do with the woman living in his former home, he just can’t get over the attitude he’s throwing her way! He also wasn’t expecting to be attracted to this woman and feelings he thought he’d never feel again…and so begins a relationship fraught with sexual tension!

I loved how the characters in this book are developed and how smooth the story reads. There’s a whole host of secondary characters both related and best friends, including Ty and Kaylee who have their own little thing going on!! Both Brock and Lincoln have a past they’re coming to terms with and I’m not going to lie, when we discover what’s driving Brock’s attitude my heart broke a little bit but I was also a little irritated with him. Just because of his past doesn’t give him the right to treat some people the way he does…but in reality, what’s really driving it his attraction to this beautiful woman and the fact that his son is completely and totally in love with her.

As this book moves through several weeks and months I learned so much about PBR and I love that Ms. Elliott provides this for us because I really felt like I was in the ring when they’re trying to get those elusive 8 Seconds. My heart was rapidly beating and I was almost on the edge of my seat at several moments because I could feel the excitement of being in the middle of it all!

Once Brock gets out of his own way, his relationship with Lincoln changes and becomes something that is charged with chemistry neither have ever experienced…

“This man brought out a side of me that wanted to be a little dirty. I wanted things I never imagined I would want. With Brock, I needed it all.”

And let me tell you, these two are smoking hot together!! Not only is their physical attraction skyrocketing, but their emotional connection is felt deeply by both of them and it’s something neither were expecting to find, but something they both desired. Which leads to a love that while not planned is one that will be a forever love!

I devoured this book because the story is SO GOOD! The Shaw family is one I want to be a part of! There’s love that is felt in everything they do, but there’s also a standard that these Shaw brothers were raised with that when lines are crossed, their Mama and Daddy doesn’t let them off the hook…even though they’re all grown men! And let’s just talk about Blayze Shaw….this boy is precocious, sweet, cute, knows how to treat a lady, already, and has wrapped Lincoln around his little finger. Watching their relationship evolve brought a HUGE SMILE to my face….and as I mentioned earlier in my review…he’s my new BBF…y’all can have Brock, because I’ve the cutest one out of this book LOL!!

When it all comes down to, is this is a great beginning to a new series, with new characters that’s so well written I had no choice but to fall in love with every single word and page. I cannot wait for Ty and Kaylee’s book because it’s going to be a doozie!!

#NeverEnough #MeetMeInMontana #Book1 #AuthorKellyElliott #MontlakeRomance #NewSeries #CowboyRomance #PBRRomance #SecondChance #BrockAndLincoln #Blogger #LoverOfReading #FrancisFabReads
An incredible story set in the Mountains of Montana - Lincoln Pratt needed to get away from Atlanta and she found her slice of heaven in Hamilton, Montana.  Brock Shaw lived and breathed to be a Bull Rider even at the cost well everything.
When these two meet it's like Fire and Ice...until it isn't!
This book will keep you captivated and bring you to tears Kudos to Kelly Elliott for such a wonderful story.
I have not read any other books by this author so she is new to me author but let me just say not anymore I plan on reading her other books. So this was a enemies to lovers trope and I ate it up so quickly I loved it and stayed up well past my bedtime to read it, I loved Broc and Lincoln and their angsty romance this book was great! Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the Arc for honest review