Cover Image: Life Unplugged

Life Unplugged

Life Unplugged by Meleah Bowles and Elise Williams Rikard is the perfect book to help people in today's world to take a break from technology.  The authors mention many tips to help people manage their time and to not fee overwhelmed, finding time to spend with friends and family, etc. It is a workbook which enables one to take notes to help guide them. Thank you to Netgalley for this free ebook in exchange for an honest review.
This book came to me right when I needed it! I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to find ways of being less dependent on my phone, This book / journal helped me do just that! I love that this is a way to keep track of progress as I detox from digital over-use. The pretty graphics were an added bonus!

Thank you to NetGalley and Rock Point for my copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy, so I can start filling it out!
Life Unplugged by Meleah Bowles is a great workbook to help us unplug from modern techonlogy and live a free life from our screens!!

This is a super book and one I will be sticking to as it makes life much easier being away from screens!! Full of tips and helpful advice that are well written adn helpful.

Thanks to Netgalley and Quatro Publishing/Rockpoint for the ARC. My review is my own opinion.
A great book for those who wanted to detox from social life and phone particularly and the workbooks is cherry on top with all those tips . I definitely feel like it's a must book for everyone because everyone need a peace life away from all hustle bustle of our life.
This was a great book about unplugging from your phone and being more productive within your daily tasks. I am obsessed with reading all books about unplugging, because for 2020 I want to do a weekly 24hr social media detox. I really think we have a problem with being on social media too much and not getting enough quality family time. This book is really great for anyone that wants to start detoxing from screens more often.
Another book I have been unable to download/review as it will not download to my kindle.

Therefor rated it at the half way mark.

Once the book is released I will then read/review.
Life Unplugged by Meleah Bowles; Williams Rikard is an awesome companion to have when you need a digital detox. The book starts by defining what a digital detox is and then helps you to see how the digital world may be affecting your life. This book helps you to decide and write out why you need a digital detox. It has quizzes, challenges and lots of tips and information to help you go through a digital detox. There is also room to journal about your experience in the book along with pages to write our your goals and keep track of your habits. I believe it would benefit pretty much everyone in today's world to go through this book!
I thank Net Galley and the publisher for the opportunity to review. My opinion is my own.

This is a helpful guide for teaching those addicted to their technologies to get back to normal life and leave their technology thereby improving mental health and quality of life . The author includes sensible suggestions and tips for everyone seeking life away from technology.  I find our society is behaving like overstimulated lab rats with phones to absurdity  and had already implemented many of the suggestions here for myself. Some of what I do now  after reading this is :
Take all apps off my phone and close down Google play once and for all.
Turn off all notifications. Keep the phone turned off. That elimates the brain stimulus . Your not a lab rat you don't need stimuli!!! Notifications are a scam by technology companies.
Put the turned off phone out of sight and make a rule for yourself to leave it off.
Do not subscribe to the ridiculous marketing scam that you need a new phone with more. My phone is 8 years old , it's basic and it works fine.
Carry a actual book with you to read when waiting leaving phone off.
Tell people talking while looking at their phones you are worthy of their full attention and do not tolerate others phone use in your presence.
I only use my phone to make calls. No exceptions.
Make a personal rule no technology at night. Every technology off!
These rules allow me to enjoy life and be fully present for my life.
If your in need of digital detox I highly recommend you read this book and apply the authors suggestions. I utilized the authors suggestions while implemented my above rules . This is a sensible useful guide for everybody who finds they are overwhelming involved in using technology.
When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Life Unplugged makes digital detox easy with alternative activities and better ways to feel connected to your friends, family, and the world around you. By unplugging your electronics, you'll be able to take that much-needed vacation you've been craving.

For busy entrepreneurs and families, it can seem impossible to find time for yourself or to stay connected to your loved ones, but with Life Unplugged, staying connected is much simpler than you imagine. This workbook guides you through ways to de-stress, cultivate mindfulness, and improve your mood and health while also helping you find balance and joy in your daily life through digital detox. It’s the mini-vacation without the extra cost of actually going away and all the wellness benefits you need for a more fulfilling lifestyle.

Declutter your phone and minimalize the number of apps in your devices. Cut down the number of electronic devices you use. Find alternate activities to integrate into your daily routine like meditation and forest bathing. Journal it out with writing prompts to help you get your creative juices flowing. Discover how to optimize your free time, so you’re more productive throughout your day.

With this life-changing journal, you'll learn to live without being attached to your phone, TV, laptop, or social media.  It can be as easy as taking a few breaks from your digital devices a day to make you feel refreshed, enlightened, and purposeful. Sleep better and improve your overall mental and physical health by taking a break from the internet. The practice of digital detoxing has proven to improve your memory, posture, blood pressure, and give you greater feelings of gratitude and happiness.

Live a more connected, purposeful life by staying in tune with the world around you.

My husband HATES that I spend time on my phone but since he is the one who cannot read maps, I am always looking up directions, places to avoid on the way to his errands (he doesn't like driving in traffic) because of construction, looking up stuff, etc. etc. etc. I say it's his fault as he doesn't have a smartphone or the want or need to google ... he is married to a librarian. so why should he learn to look things up!!!

Forest bathing, yoga and meditation do not work for me ... but it may work for you. I escape in books, speedreading at lightning speed...as my ARCs come digitally I have to read them on my Kindle, so I cannot unplug that way and I have to write these reviews electronically.

This would be a perfect Christmas gift for the electronic addict in your life, but it comes out December 24th...when the mall is armageddon. OOOOOOOH ... a kindle copy is perfect as Lord knows they will want to read it on a device vs. on paper. ☺☺ No one can gold cold turkey -  my brother in law used to have three phones: a Blackberry, an iPhone and an android-based phone ... he is now down to one since he has retired.  ☺☺

Great suggestions in this book - give it to someone who is addicted to devices....even a 10% reduction is a start on the road to unplugging! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 📱📱📱📱
Really great workbook for those who want to write down their digital detox - comes with other prompts that relate. If you are a fan of their other workbooks (Common Cents and You Goal, Girl) you will like this.
Thanks to NetGalley and Rock Point for the ARC of this book!
All through college I studied Communication and we talked about the pitfalls of technology all the time. The sleepless nights. The anxiety. The scroll addiction. Meleah Bowles and Elise Williams Rikard have felt this tension and created a workbook to help the process of a digital detox.
What does a digital detox look like? It's different depending on the person, but in its essence a digital detox is limited social media usage. This workbook offers tips and tricks to keep your detox on track.
Overall, I loved this workbook. It makes a digital detox feel attainable. The authors create a firm basis to start and gives you the motivation to finish. If you're over the social media stress, check out this book!
I found this book really interesting and thought provoking.

I loved the journaling prompts in this book and the alternative ways to spend time away from social media.

I feel like this book could help a lot of people as technology really is taking over people’s lives and as the book says, even a little time away from it can help a lot.

As much as I loved this book, I did feel some of parts were a little bit repetitive.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking to spend a little bit of time away from social media and focus more on themselves and improving their lives.
This fun workbook is full of great information and inspiration. It was the wake up call that I needed to unplug.
I loved this book! With my job being all-consuming, I have recently tried to focus on "unplugging" from work and focusing on home life when I'm home.

This book focuses on the general addiction that people have to technology - not just work life balance. But I found the tactics applicable. This journal is interactive and helps guide you through "detoxing."

I also LOVED the illustrations and graphics in this book! It was so pretty and calming and I think it really added to the book.

This book was fun, informative, easy to follow and overall had a great message!
I LOVE this little workbook. I have grown increasingly more addicted to using my phone and the internet. I'm on my phone nearly 24/7 unless my husband is home to get me off of the phone. This has a TON of tops on disconnecting and being more present in the world. I plan on getting a physical copy to get even better use out of it.
I love this book. It’s a beautiful journal that has hints and tips and challenges to enable all of us to spend less find online and more time in the real world. In this day and age we all need to detox from technology and this guide helps you do it in an easy and manageable way with a hand journal to keep track of everything. I will be buying a physical copy of this book once it’s released so that I can start filling it in properly.