Warren the 13th and the Thirteen-Year Curse

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This is a wonderful middle grade book. I enjoyed this Warren the 13th installment as well as the others.
Another delightful addition to the "Warren the 13th" Series!  This is quite a popular series in my Media Center and this latest is certain not to disappoint.   The story moves at a such a quick pace and the illustrations enhance the story.  The combination of hilarious hi-jinks interwoven with the all-pervasive message of "family" makes for a great read.
Young readers who enjoyed the previous Warren books will be delighted with this new entry. The gothic overtones will intrigue readers and the story moves quickly to keep their interest. The illustrations are engaging and add to the story.
The illustrations for Warren the 13th and the thirteen-year curse are one my favourites out of the childrens books I've reviewed. Reminds me very much of Tim Burtons creations. The stories are the perfect length to dip in and out of at bedtime.
3 for neutral.  Was very sad I could not download this book and will update if able to at a later date.  My son loves this series and was looking forward to seeing about the third, but not able to get on my kindle.
I really enjoyed this as it reminded me of the Lemony Snicket series.  However, I thought this was touted as a middle-grade illustrated and/or graphic novel so when I got it I was surprised that it did not have many illustrations and it was very long at 224 pages.  Thank you for the opportunity to read and review.