Cover Image: You, Me, Forever

You, Me, Forever

Well. This book was everything I didn’t know I needed. I went into “You, Me, Forever” being fairly confident I’d enjoy it, but I never expected it to consume me the way it did. I read it in one sitting, which rarely happens for me these days. I just couldn’t stop reading. I laughed out loud so many times. Becca was brilliant, so funny and entertaining. And Mike...well, he was everything I DID know I needed and then some! The story didn’t go anywhere near how I expected, and it was both beautiful and heartbreaking. The author made the characters and this little town feel like home, and I didn’t want to leave. A perfect read.
I really did not like the main chatting at all and it made me not enjoy the book at all unfortunately
Jo Watson, is my go to for Netgalley requests, out of the books I've read so far (4 I believe) there's only been one that was a miss for me.

Luckily I enjoyed this just as much as the others! Once again great humour, but the plot was just as good!
Please note that this book is not for me - I have read the book, However I had to DNF and because i do not like to give negative reviews I will not review this book fully - there is no specific reason for not liking this book. I found it a struggle to read and did not enjoy trying to force myself to read this book.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for the opportunity to read this book
A very nice book by Jo Watson. I’ve never read a book by this author before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the story and the characters.
I was so excited to read another book by Jo Watson as the only other one I read by her was absolutely hilarious!
Although this book is funny, it is more focused on the actually storyline. The first part of the book does have some real funny bits in, but as the story develops you see less of that, but you get more sentimental emotion as the story unfolds.
This is such a touching love story from years gone by about a couple who couldn’t be together due to race, and letters are found that were written by Edith to Abe declaring her love for him. Such beautiful letters that really pull at the heart strings, but also as it goes on, another love story develops as Becca tries to track down who wrote the letters, and who they were for. Really enjoyed this read, and really bonded with the characters.
Oh boy, was this book not for me. At first I thought it was just me having issues connecting to the protagonist but after scouring some other reviews, I saw that others had the same issues as I did.
While I really enjoyed the letter part of this novel, nothing else really kept me going. The tension fell a little flat and I wish I could relate more to at least some other characters.
Perhaps it was just the breaking of the fourth wall that had me itching, but I still would recommend this to romance readers.
Absolutely adored this. Raced through it, and loved every minute. Becca is a relatable, genuine character, prone to sticky situations
, and a perfect leading lady. I’m actually a bit in love with Mike, so fairly sure he’s a keeper. A gorgeous easy read underpinned by some very complex narratives. Highly recommended!
I’m so disappointed with myself more than the book. All these wonderful reviews and I’m afraid I just could not get into it ... and I tried several times. I’m sure it is a great book, but just not for me, perhaps I’ll revisit it another time and try again but it was just missing the hook to reel me into the story.
Such a great, laugh out loud read that's perfect for anyone looking to start reading more historical fiction romance.
A heartwarming comedy - a few laugh out loud moments, a few face palms and everything inbetween. A really easy read!
Really enjoyed this book thank you. Vibrant, believable, characters and an absorbing plot. I will ensure I look out for this author in the future!
I recently finished this book by Jo Watson and I have very mixed feelings on it. I nearly DNF’d this twice but pushed through. It’s strange because I didn’t dislike especially, I just wasn’t enjoying it at all and had no desire to continue reading.

I don’t want to give anything away because the story with the letters is pretty sweet but I found the book slow and I didn’t like the main character.

I am glad that I didn’t give up on it as it did improve towards the end but I just wasn’t invested in the relationship at all and the whole book left me feeling pretty ‘meh’ even though I did like the letters storyline. I am sorry to not be so positive about this book but I just didn’t find it particularly enjoyable.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Headline for a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
I adore this author and this book was a brilliant read and one that is perfect to escape for a few hours and loose yourself.
Characters that fall out of the pages of the book and make you fell apart of the story, the setting comes alive  and captured is well with words.
A great read. that I would highly recommend.
This book should be on prescription, I haven’t laughed and cried (from laughing, but also some emotional bits) so much so I got strange looks on the bus. I loved Becca so much , the characters are so well developed, the story beautifully written. I adore Jo Watson and had forgotten how much.  You need to read this book.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
I laughed so much that my face still hurts. It’s been so long since I’ve read a romantic comedy so good that I really want to see a movie out of it. Honestly, this book should be read by everyone and trust me when I say that you won’t regret it.
It’s a story about a love that couldn’t be, a life of what-ifs and regret but destiny has a way to bring together two people that are related to that denied love.
Becca has made many wrong choices in her life, much of which could be justified by her rocky childhood. But she makes her worst decision yet when suffering from writers block. She plans to  plagiarize a bunch of old love letters she found and steal someone else’s story. But first she needs more context and journeys to the small sleepy town where it all happened. This leads her out of her comfort zone and into the proximity of the smoking hot local sheriff.

My first instinct was to roll my eyes at the over-the-top humour and what could be the potential to sensationalize apartheid. But I was very wrong. This book got better and better and I was totally hooked and entertained. Yes, it was a bit over-the-top but much of it was genuinely funny and all the characters were so likeable. There is wonderful romantic tension as well as an intriguing mystery to solve. There were even moments of depth and wisdom as the characters gain insight into themselves. So overall, don’t judge a book by the first chapter. I would have missed out on a light-hearted, poignant, saucy, romantic read!
Jo is one of my favourite authors and I always say this but, I just love this book and it was very enjoyable and it will pull on your heartstrings.

This story is about a bag and in that bag are love letters. Becca is on a deadline for her book and she doesn't have an idea until, she finds these love letters and everything is about to change for her. She can't stop thinking about these letters and decides to let them take her on a path, a path she won't be expecting.

I loved reading about Becca and her journey but, also about these love letters. Romantic yet tragic. They where beautifully written and this is a story that will make you tear up now and again throughout and also reading about Becca and this interesting Mike. These love letters impact Becca's life in more ways than one and it was so wonderful.

I really enjoyed this book and Jo really took me on a journey in this book that had me laugh, cry and just didn't want this story to end.

This has to be one of her best books. It was just fantastic and beautifully written.
GAHHHH!! Having met Jo Watson at a romance reader event last year, I became obsessed with her books. This one was no exception. She is an incredible writer and I just can’t get enough of her words.
What a lovely idea for a story and it was delivered beautifully.  This story should be held up as an example of a good romcom.  It had lots of comedy, I definitely giggled out loud several times.  Likeable characters and not too many of them to get to know.  Lovely location setting that made me want to go seek out my own small town in South Africa.  Then the romance and slightly hot scenes that occurred due to the clever build up between Becca & Mike.  Then lots of little lessons along the way about life and love in general.  Loved it.

Thank you to the publisher for the opportunity to read this advanced copy via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.