Creative Journaling

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Dec 2019

I have just started on my journalling journey and found this book excellent to get me started.  I loved it and how it progressed from beginner to more advanced levels slowly and effectively.
Such a great reference book. I really liked the how-to's in this.. I'm sure I'll be using this as a reference for a long time.

Many thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
I was very curious when I got this book. This book is very inspiring. It gives you many tips and tricks to make creative journals, but you can also use it for other art projects. They explain a wide variety of art techniques and it's easy to understand. I would definitely recommend this book to people who want to make their journals more creative or people who want to make art projects in general, as an inspiration.
As someone who has recently started looking at art journaling I found this book to be a great inspiration. Packed with ideas for those just starting out, easily explained, and I can see many possibilities expanding on the ideas here... which as a creative inspration book means it did the job.
This title offers lots of ways of expressing oneself.  After an introductions and chapters on materials and techniques, a umber of projects are detailed.  There are sections on Dot Grid Journaling, Junk Jornaling, Mixed Media Journaling and Travel Journaling.  The book ends with a section on DIY Accessoreis and Papers.  There are 52 projects in all.

The author presents a helpful list of materials to have on hand and suggestions for creative lettering for one's journal pages. There are then colorful example of borders for one's journal.  I had never heard of washi tape but see now how it can help to make beautiful, quick journal pages.

My own journal up until now has been quite utilitarian.  If yours is as well, perhaps you would like to experiment with adding an artistic statement to your writings, lists, and more.  The ideas in this book will definitely yield unique and colorful results.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this title in exchange for an honest review.
From the publisher:  "Spark your creativity and keep yourself organized with the beautiful pages and easy-to-follow instructions of Creative Journaling."  I am trying to get back into journaling and I was excited to receive an advanced copy of this book.  I was blown away (and a bit intimidated) by the number and variety of techniques and ideas in this book.  There is something to fit everyone's taste and ability and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.  A great purchase for anyone who is new to journaling, as well as experts.
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing for granting me an eBook copy of this book.

I love to journal and found myself getting back into bullet journalling about six months ago, so when I saw this book and all that it offers, I knew I needed it.
This is a great guide to help someone who wants to mix creativity into their journal. You will find lettering tips, trackers, lists to help with productivity, future logs, and I love the planning pages along with all the DIY crafts and how-to's with various artistic media.
I think this is a fun, unique tool for those looking to expand the information they may want to add to their journal along with options of what they can add.
A colourful guide on how to journal in a very creative way indeed. Although a bit too garish for my personal taste I believe it to be an excellent starting point for kids at secondary school with step-by-step instructions and lovely visual examples. Not only does it contain the traditional dot journaling that I am used to myself, but also chapters on junk journaling which I had not come across before. Working at a very environmental aware school I found these chapters extra exciting for my students and believe the book to be a wonderful addition to any school library that wants to promote creativity.
Journaling can be fun, relaxing, and a great way to express your creativity.  But, getting started is the key.  With Renee Day’s new book, Creative Journaling, there are plenty of ideas and suggestions to expand your journaling in new and creative ways.  With 52 different projects, this book will appeal to beginners as well as those who have more experience with journaling.

Creative Journaling includes many photographs and illustrations that are both helpful as well as inspiring. Furthermore, author covers a range of projects that include travel journals, calendars, planners, and bullet journals, just to name a few. The instructions are easy to follow and the finished project doesn’t seem nearly as intimidating. As a result, this book has given me a number of new ideas that I’m anxious to try.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for review.
I really loved the first section of this book on grid journaling but the other sections fell short for me. I'm not new to different journaling art styles and thought the other sections were too basic.
Not sure this can really be reviewed in ebook format but it's pretty and has good prompts.
Obviously it would be more successful in a print format.
Thank you to @netgalley for providing me with this free ARC

I liked this ebook and I found it really usefull as I just started with creative journaling and would really recommend it to anyone who's starting out with journaling and doesn't have enough ideas :)
I have been meaning to start journaling in order to calm my mind and being more creative yet organised.

The book is beautifully created, full of ideas,templates,artworks and ‘how to’ start your journaling journey! I would totally recommend this to anyone wanting to discover more about creative journalling.
I will definitely steal a lot of tips for my 2020 journal!
Overview of the art of journalling, from art books to dot grid lists.  Something for everyone to work with.
Ever since I started journaling myself, this book has really helped me grow as a person and as someone who enjoys creative endeavors. 5/5 stars
A gem of a book. I think you would struggle to find a better resource for journalling. Fantastic for anyone who enjoys putting a creative slant on journalling, diarising, planning, etc. Detailed illustrations, instructions and resource lists make these ideas clear to follow and suggest many, and various, ways to personalise your journal.
Some of these projects are really simple and others need more resources and/or time, but all very appealing.
Ideas include how to cover/ re-cover a journal; how to design calendars; decorate covers and pages; headers; different types of lettering, and a lot, lot more.
Thank you to Renee Day, Net Galley and the [publisher, Rock Point(Quarto Group) for an ARC.
This is an excellent book for those looking for inspiration on how to start journaling with plenty of different layout suggests to follow and adapt.

Create Journaling is split into six main sections:
- Introduction, Materials & Techniques
- Dot Grid Journaling
- Junk Journaling
- Mixed-Media Journaling
- Travel Journaling
- DIY Accessories & Papers

Overall there are 56 ideas to try. and comes with plenty of steps and colour photographs for you to follow and make your own journal, using stamps, washi tape, stencils and much more.  Alongside the inside of the journal, it also provides ideas on how to make your own cover unique.

At the rear of the book is a resources section which lists the materials used to make each of the types of journal ideas, from pens, inks, washi tape, markers, brush pens and much more.  Most of these are easily bought from craft shops.

Whilst its not a mega important page, the copyright page has the dots all over it but they are quite sharp making it hard to read the text.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for a honest review.
I've been bullet journaling for 3 years now. When I started out, it was purely functional and over time, ive started to incorporate colour and design into my spreads, I was always intimidated by this however, looking at complex journaling spreads on social media. This book helped me with some of that. Beautiful pictures accompanied with good but doable tips on how to decorate your bullet journals. The author also has a section on junk journaling which I cant wait to try. All in all a great resource for journallers, beginners and experienced.
Creative Journaling provides a wonderful step by step guide on using creative techniques to do everything from lettering to creating your own washi tape. It gives you a number of different types of journaling projects and directions on how to do them, and make your own unique and fun daily planners and calendars, to keep track of your life. She includes ideas I have not seen in any other book of this variety, and I have looked at quite a number of them. Now that I have read the book, I cannot wait to put her ideas into practice.

If you are a DIY person, who loves journals and planners, this book is a must read!

Thank you Netgalley and Rock Point, for giving me an advanced look at Creative Journaling, in exchange for my honest feedback.
Creative Journaling by Renee Day gives a substantial number of ideas at ways to easily spice up journaling. Many materials are discussed but much of the activities involve simple supplies that do not need a lot of practice to use. That make this book even more attractive in that anyone can use these ideas. With pencils, pens, markers, washi tape and paper being easily found anyone could use the ideas. Also many of the ideas are not complicated.

This journaling guidebook would be great for young people who love to explore and let their creativity come to life especially with junk journaling. Also scrapbookers, since I scrapbook and enjoy card making, I saw many ideas that would crossover using the same materials. I can see me continuing to refer back to this book for ideas.

Like the author I have bought many lovely journals over the years. These ideas give the push needed to now use them. The gratitude log and US map tracker were the first two journaling projects that I tried. Finding the US map stencil was the hardest part.

The publisher through Net Galley provided a digital ARC. I have voluntarily decided to read and review, giving my personal opinions and thoughts.