Cover Image: Till Morning is Nigh

Till Morning is Nigh

"Till Morning is Nigh" just wasn't really my cup of tea. I didn't care much for the story or the characters and didn't seem all that interesting to me. I wish I was more interested but this just didn't work for me.
Police are called to a horrific murder of an undercover policeman that was infiltrating a drug cartel. This leads to a
Far Right Wing returned ex army group totally disillusioned with the way society has degenerated and are to make a grand statement on a certain date. It's up to the security departments to find where and what has been planned.
Enter Mr. West also an ex return soldier with a shady past, several names, and recently been early released from prison now working in a desk job with a new wife and baby at security.
The story picks up pace as everyone is working towards the date making for a tense and thrilling well written plot having this reader not being able to put the book down until the finish.
This is not only a crime story there is an important message concerning soldiers that served their country only to find upon returning they do not recognise society as the one they expected and little or no help with mental and financial problems.
An independent review for NetGalley / Endeavour Media
I am perhaps not the right target market for this but when. I read somewhere it was a good match for Lee Child I thought I would try it. It is actually of very much the same genre and well written but simply not for me probably read too many Jack Reacher and I have this genre fatigue.