The Wild One

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Feb 2020

The Wild One was a beautifully written story. It is the Second book in the Corisi Billionaires by Ruth Cardello. I devoured this book from start to finish in nearly one sitting. When I had take a break from it, I thought about the characters until I could get back to them

Wren and Mauricio meet in rather unusual circumstances. There was an instant connection and for once Wren decided to take a chance on spontaneity rather than making the safe call. Little did she know just how much that one decision could change her life.

Sometimes being safe isn't always best. You have to take a risk and bet on yourself. That is exactly what Wren does with Mauricio.

I absolutely loved the twists and turns Ruth Cardello puts into this story. I love the world she has created so much I never wanted to leave. I can't wait to see what she does next with this series!
Loved Wren and Mauricio's story. I can't wait to read the first book in the series.

Many thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Wren was only looking for a weeklong fling.
Mauricio was also looking for a no-attachment fling.
What happens when love gets involved ?
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
I stumbled across this little treasure without realizing this is book two of a series. I will have to go and read the first book because this was such a good read. Both characters were so likable.  Wren and Mauricio. Even their names are dreamy. This steamy romance definitely kept my attention from start to finish.
Another fantastic read by Ruth!! I didn’t want it to end. Wonderful characters and a great storyline. Wildly awesome! You should read this!
ARC for honest review with no compensation  received from NetGalley

The Wild One is book 2in the Corisi Billionaires series by Ruth Cardello. Wahoo...more of the Corisi family and friends!

This is the continuing underlying story of Judy Corisi, her school project of a family tree, Dad refuses to discuss, so she asks her Aunt Althea (both from the Legacy Collection series) for help to find her Dad’s family, this gets back to her Dad so...we will have to wait and see what happens...it seems this underlying story will play out in future books!  Which brings us the story of Mauricio and Wren.

Mauricio Romano, playboy billionaire and Wren Heath, good girl who plays it safe has decided to let her hair down and have a Paris fling.  They spend a beautiful week together in Paris, touring, sexy times, laughter but when Wren gets a call about her father she leaves for the states while Mauricio is sleeping leaving nothing behind except a piece of her heart...thinking they will never see each other again but fate has more for these two then just Paris!!

Love this series and the continuing underlying story...can’t wait for the next book!!
This was a fun book. It is the second in a series but can be read as a stand-alone. Characters from the previous book do make an appearance and are easily explained. That said, the first chapter and another near the end are told from the point-of-view of Dominic Corisi. For someone unfamiliar with the Legacy series (I haven't read it) these chapters are puzzling, as is the name of the series. The brothers in this series so far are Romanos, not Corisis. By the end of the book, I did have an inkling of the connection so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

This book is the story of Wren and Mauricio. Mauricio is a billionaire with a playboy reputation. He was known to be quite wild when he was younger, though he's been more settled the past few years as he helped with the family business. Now that his brother is ready to retake the reins, Mauricio is at a crossroads, looking for what he wants to do next. In the meantime, he heads to Paris to visit friend and fellow bad-boy Felix.

I enjoyed my first meeting with Mauricio and Felix. Felix is late to a business meeting with Mauricio, who is losing patience. That changes when Felix calls to let Mauricio know that he's in the hospital and won't be released until the next day. The injury seems to be a case of karma, which I found to be satisfying as I learned more. Felix's misfortune leaves Mauricio stuck with helping Felix by finding a way to politely boot Felix's mistress from his apartment before Felix is released.

Wren is in Paris on her first trip to Europe and visiting her friend Cecile. After a lifetime of being the good girl, she's ready to cut loose just a little bit. After a slightly embarrassing first encounter, who better to play with than Felix's friend Mauricio? He's fun and sexy, and what happens in Paris stays in Paris, right?

I wasn't sure I was going to like the book at first. There seemed a lot more action in the bedroom than in developing an actual relationship between Mauricio and Wren. Thankfully it didn't take long for the "no-strings fling" to morph into something much deeper. Both fought it hard, but unsuccessfully. Wren won my heart first with her determination to step outside her comfort zone. She is smart, sassy, and has a terrific sense of humor. Her mixture of innocence and sexiness was fun to watch as it had an unexpected effect on Mauricio. Mauricio wasn't far behind as he quickly began to envision something permanent with Wren.

I loved the development of the relationship between Wren and Mauricio. The chemistry is off the charts, but they connect on a deeper level also. The interactions between them were fun. Wren doesn't have much of a filter, and some of the things she says amuse the heck out of Mauricio. I also enjoyed seeing Wren's reactions to some of his more outrageous claims and how she keeps him from being too full of himself. Each falls hard for the other but says nothing because of their earlier demands of no strings.  Just as Mauricio is ready to take the plunge, Wren gets bad news from home and leaves with no explanation. Mauricio is devastated and angry, believing that she did not share his feelings, and goes home to lick his wounds.

Mauricio's family has never met a situation that can't be helped by pulling together. Earlier advice from his father had helped Mauricio identify his feelings for Wren, and now his father is invested in seeing Mauricio happy. Unfortunately, his attempt to bring the two together backfires, with both Mauricio and Wren blindsided by an unexpected reunion. Mauricio has an especially boneheaded reaction before realizing how wrong he was. I loved the help he got to pull off his "cow" moment and the faith he showed in Wren and her abilities.

The importance of family is a key theme in this book. There are the bits with Dominic Corisi that have to do with long-standing issues involving his parents. As an only child, Wren feels responsible for her parents' happiness and well-being, which in turn has affected the way she leads her life. It's that love for her family that causes the misunderstanding between her and Mauricio. I loved his family and the boisterous love they have for each other. I loved their support of Mauricio and determination to help him win back Wren.
This had the potential to be really great, but it was just alright. In my honest opinion, this read like a generic Florencia Bonelli novel. With two paths running alongside one another, ultimately leading to one big epic finale. I liked for the Dominic bits and resonated with the father-daughter moments.
4.5 stars - I really enjoyed this read. The heat level was perfect. The hero is handsome, considerate and not at all douchy. The heroine is beautiful, knows her worth and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. I liked everything about it.

Another great story! Mauricio has layers and Wren unknowingly starts to unwrap them.  I loved the view of Paris from these two.  I’m also loving Mauricio’s parents and brothers.
If you're looking for a fun, sexy romp with a dash of humor, look no further! Ruth Cardello weaves a sweet and sensual story together that hits all of the romance reader's favorite spots. Shy somewhat awkward girl meets fun playboy? Yes, please! I enjoyed a lot of the themes in this story, but I have to confess that Wren's attitude in her interaction with Mauricio did become a little irritating, especially considering that her she does and says things that she expects to be completely understandable and accepted, while it seems as if Mauricio is judged at every turn for saying (or not saying) what's on his mind. Other than that, it was a very fun ride with romantic getaways, witty humor, and the necessary miscommunications that all eventually work itself out. 3 out of 5 stars!
4 stars

The Wild One by Ruth Cardello is a well written, entertaining read and I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the storyline, it held my interest from start to end and I loved watching Wren and Mauricio relationship unfold.

Overall, The Wild One is a great read and a good addition to the Corisi Billionaires series.

*An ARC was provided in exchange for my honest thoughts.*
This is book 2 in the Corisi Billionaire series. In which our hero and heroine meet in Paris where they decide to have a vacation fling and leave at that. Until feelings get involved....

For me this was a solid 3 stars. It gave a good escape but past that I didn’t take much away from the story.
Wren is a straight laced woman who is visiting Paris as she decided to go a little different route than her normal calm life and have a little fun.  She decides to have a fling with Maurice. Maurice is all about no relationship, no strings but when wren decides to leave he finds he doesn’t want her to go. She was innocent he thought she may get to attached and he’d end up breaking her heart.
I enjoyed this book a lot. I was happy to see there was a connection with feelings before Maurice and Wren slept together. I loved the plot and pace. I really liked Wren and Maurice together and how they interacted. I liked that Wren didn’t allow Maurice to give her any b s. The end did feel a little rushed to me. I really liked Maurice went around Paris with Wren while she did the touristy stuff. Wren and Maurice had hot chemistry. I liked the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend it
It was pretty entertaining but there were some confusing chapters where it was from the point of view of a character that had no interaction with them until the very end which could have been completely cut out, in my opinion.
It was fun but it didn't make me curious to read the rest of the series.
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

If you're a fan of contemporary billionaire romances this book is for you!  Wren and Mauricio meet in Paris by accident.  He agrees to meet her for some touristy adventures and then you could say the rest is history.

Except it isn't.  These two start out with assumptions about each other that turn around to bite them in their butts. You know, sometimes your friends mean well but they don't always have the most accurate information.  That certainly doesn't help either Wren or Mauricio in their story.

Of course I could rant all day about communication and how it's key to every type of relationship.  These two fail to really communicate with each other and it is damaging to what they find themselves building.

One of my favorite parts of the book is their tour through Paris. It's one of my favorite cities and I can just envision their path around the city.  Do you ever find yourself doing that with books you read?

Anyway, I hope you like this story. It's an easy story to get wrapped in and pulling for your favorite couple to pull through as you know only they can.
Wren is in Paris to have a fun and free time away from all responsibilities.  She meets Mauricio and they have the fun she has always dreamed about.  The only problem is that she wants it all and he is just looking for a good time. Can he convince her that he wants more.
The only issue I had was that Dominic was introduced in the beginning and the end. He is not a part of the storyline. Don't introduce only to prolong his involvement.
Did this book blow my mind? No. Was it enjoyable? Definitely. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this book unless you want to read a brainless smutty romance book.

Writing style: Simple, to the point, with just enough flair to be enjoyable. It took me no time at all to read this book, mostly because of the easy writing.

Characters: I'm not really attached to anyone, but I can see the author took a lot of time to put some real personalities into her characters unlike a lot on other romance novels. Everyone had multiple layers and wishes and I really liked the realness of them. I loved seeing Paris through Wren's engineering eyes. The banter was the greatest part of the book.

Story: It was fun, but it definitely had its boring and dragging parts. I can deal with it though because in the end I can see that those parts were needed to show character growth.

All in all the book was quite alright, I did consider DNFing it, but the writing was good enough to power through. It was a good, brainless, romance novel which I'll give three stars.
This is the second book in Cardello's latest series (Corisi Billionaires). This book continues on from where the last book left off. The book can be read as a standalone, however, characters from the previous book do feature in this.

Mauricio and Wren meet in France and instantly desire one another and decide to have a vacation fling with no strings attached but soon feelings get involved and we get to see how they deal with those feelings of love.

A passionate read, perfect for summer.
Mauricio always stood out to me in the previous books so I was glad to finally get his story. Meeting Wren turned his life around and made it clear that he was not fling material when it came to this one woman. I liked Wren's attitude when it came to life and enjoyed the humor when it came to her bestie Cecile. I laughed uncontrollably after finding out the nature of Felix's accident which caused Mauricio to embark upon Cecile to get her out of Felix's home. With a little parental intervention, Mauricio and Wren eventually found their footing and have the ending that they both deserved. I'm looking forward to experiencing more in the future from the Romano's.

I received an ARC from netgallery and and voluntarily reviewing this book