Backlash

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 4 Feb 2020

Another good read from Marnie Riches, set in Manchester and covering the topic of Spice, the latest addictive drug. I liked the relationship between Bev and Doc and I enjoyed the writing style as the story unfolded.Some nice touches of humour throughout added to my enjoyment. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
One word BRILLIANT Marnie Riches does it again with this serious and in places funny book,bev and doc are great and bounce off each other perfectly.Excellent book 5*
Marnie Riches does it again! A favourite author who just seems to get better every book. Gripping from start to finish!! Thank you netgalley.
Another brilliant read from this very talented author. I don't think I've read a book that I haven't enjoyed by M.R
This one is just great, its the second book to feature Private Investigator Beverley Saunders  and her odd side kick, Doc..
A serious story to follow but I love the humour that is slotted in here and there.
I especially loved Bev when she became Gail, she was a great character to read about.
The relation ship between Bev and Doc is done brilliantly. the put downs and come backs between them are priceless. I chuckled so much while reading this. Yet it covers some serious topics, and some of the crap that is blighting Manchester at the moment, 'Spice' A crazy drug that see's people hooked pretty much as soon as they start it. it's an evil drug and I think covering subjects that are very topical in the news etc is brilliantly done.
I loved how many of the places mentioned in this book that I actually knew, that i'd been to, places i'd visited and places up the road from where I live.

Full review will go on blog for publication day.
if you thought book 1 was good in this series wait till you read this one word brilliant.i so love Bev  and Dock .Bev gets a client who is at the end of his tether with neighbour and wants her to watch Anthony Anthony so Bev takes job on this book will give you the giggles in parts but how the story unfolds is just brilliant and how author has tackled a problem that is sadly happening praise for this author she is a must read all books