Cover Image: The Forgotten Wife

The Forgotten Wife

I liked the writing and both the women characters. The friendship between Lara and Shelley warmed my heart.this is an emotional read. I found parts of it a bit repetitive and I wasn’t sold on the change of heart about Greg. I won’t say anymore as it may spoil it for others. I look forward to reading more from Emma.

Thanks goes to net galley and the publishers for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed reading this book. For me it was a page turner hard to put down, I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
This book was an easy comfortable read.
I felt so sad throughout the whole book for both Shelley and Lara.  It was truly well written and  emotionally gut wrenching .
This was a very emotional but a very good read. It’s not My usual genre of book but I really enjoyed it . Well written with good solid characters. I look forward to reading more by this author in the future.
This book is just gorgeous, as well as heartbreaking.

Lara moves in next door to Shelley and they seem like unlikely friends, but a friendship blossoms between them, and they become very close.

I could sense at the beginning that each of them had secrets and issues, but I’d no idea what these were.

The timeline flicks back occasionally to the past, and gives us glimpses of what went before. I loved these insights, which not only give hints into their pasts, but help to give greater depth to the characters that they are now.

When it’s finally all revealed, it’s quite heartbreaking. Each of them have been dealing with difficult situations, and often suppressing their emotions and internalising them.

As they go on a healing journey together, they each help each other.

This is such a captivating and emotional read, which will completely pull you in. It’s heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, and will have you both in tears, and smiling. Simply wonderful.
A beautiful and uplifting book which made me cry happy and sad tears throughout. I liked this book a lot and felt It had great characterisation and a strong storyline. Would recommend!
Love, love, love this book.  Took me on an emotional rollercoaster from the very first page.  Thankful that I had the opportunity to read it, thanks to net galley.
This was a very emotional story about two very different women that bond over being neighbors and then personal tragedies. I really enjoyed this book, it was very hard not to get emotional while reading this book. It was written in two points of view, which made the story more intimate.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars!!! Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers of this book for my ARC copy for my honest review.
Wonderful book enjoyed every page.  It was modern sensitive and had hidden depth throughout thank you for the access.
I really enjoyed this story of female friendship and family relationships. Beautifully written this is a tale of  tragedy, heartache, rediscovering yourself and the power of friendship. I was drawn in from the start. I liked both of the characters Lara and Shelley and empathised with both of them. I really enjoyed the change of direction of the story - just when I thought I had the story figured out. It has a very satisfying ending too.

Highly recommended.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review
A beautiful and heartbreaking story about friendship, grief, and moving on. Bust out the Kleenex, this is a tearjerker! Two Women who come into one another’s life at the perfect time establish an unbreakable bond and find solace. Shelley is simply existing traveling between work and home, but never really living. Her husband Greg the love of her life left over a year ago and she can’t seem to MoveOn, she still has an entire room of his stuff that she can’t seem to get rid of. When Laura moves in next-door married and pregnant, Shelley is certain she has it all. But as the women begin to get to know one another they learn that they both have heavy burdens to bear. What transpires is a beautiful friendship built on honesty, trust, and respect.

A remarkable story about a special female friendship. I loved the friendship in this story. Both these women really got so much comfort and joy out of it. Loved how the tidying up book was incorporated into the story, thought that was a fun touch. As Shelley and Laura’s friendship develops and deep secrets are revealed they both begin to find more clarity in their lives. A moving story about the power of friendship.

this book in emojis. 👭 🤰🏻 📦 🏠 🧺

*** Big thank you to Bookouture for my gifted copy of this book. All opinions are my own. ***
Title: The Forgotten Wife
Author: Emma Robinson
Genre: Suspense
My rating: 4 Stars

This books was a quick read. A bit slow at first before anything exciting happened. But good, all the same. It’s a story about two women. One’s Lara; Shelley’s new neighbor who eventually befriends the wounded doe.  Shelley’s trying to come to terms with the fact Greg (her husband of 10-years) has left her; among other traumatic things. Empty and alone, Shelley, reciprocates the sentiments her beaming neighbor, Lara, has. Only things is, every time she looks at, Lara, she’s reminded of what she’d once had: a growing fetus inside her belly. This book went nothing like I thought it would. Better. It’s an emotional well-written trope with twists and turns you won’t see coming. Definitely worth reading!

*Thank you NetGalley for providing this wonderful ARC in exchange for an honest review*
There are elements of this book that some readers may find challenging to get through based on their personal experiences. I discovered that I related to the people that the two main characters talked about – those who hear of an event and are sympathetic but cannot connect on a personal level. In spite of that, I thought that this was a very well-written book that elicited pure emotion. I believe the author did a fantastic job of bringing every reader into the experiences of Shelley and Lara. This book will stay with me for a while. For more thoughts, please visit my blog at Fireflies and Free Kicks Fiction Reviews. Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for a digital ARC of the book.
I loved this story. It was a touching, sweet book. Two unlikely women become friends. She secrets and root one another on. Truly touch my heart.,
At times, this book might have made me tear up a bit... I loved the friendship the women built and found myself eager to hear more of their stories.
Although I am an Emma Robinson novice, I knew from the outset that this novel was going to be a wonderful read for me.

About the Book:
It was a wooden box, white with yellow and green flowers. Shelley ran a finger over the embossed lettering – Memories – pressed her lips tightly together, feeling her heart pounding in her chest… and opened it.

When Shelley first met Greg, her life had been full of possibility. A whirlwind romance, a dream wedding, moving into their first house together, thinking about starting a family…

But now it’s ten years since their wedding. Greg has gone. And there’s a room in the house where Shelley has shut a baby blanket away. In a box, under a bed, in a spare room, behind a door that she never opens. If it’s there, she can forget about it. Just like everything else in that room. Just like her other memories. Of a marriage that perhaps hadn’t been perfect. Of a life that hadn’t gone the way she had expected.

She’s been managing to hide from her past. Every day she acts like everything is normal. Going to work and following a routine helps her pretend the bad stuff never happened.

Until one day, everything changes. She sees the couple moving in next door, giggling as they walk up the path to their new home. The woman is pregnant. It’s like she has everything that Shelley has lost. But when Shelley properly meets Lara, she soon discovers she is in fact carrying a heartache to match Shelley’s own.

As her friendship with Lara deepens, Shelley starts to wonder what might happen if she opens the box she’s hidden away. Will the secrets from her past – about what she lost, what she’s hiding from, and what she has been doing her best to forget – destroy her?

My Thoughts:
The Forgotten Wife is told from Shelley's and Lara’s viewpoints. I loved the way their secrets were slowly unveiled and the way this gradually created a strong bond between the two neighbours.

In this poignant and refreshing novel, Emma Robinson writes so well about female friendships and I soon found myself completely immersed in the lives of these two women. This is a heart-warming and emotional read with real depth, elegance and maturity in the writing. There is so much to keep the reader turning the pages and it was a riveting read right through to the fulfilling ending.

The Forgotten Wife is a must for anyone who is partial to a compelling tale about friendships, relationships, grief, loss, and life's vagaries.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this novel, at my request, from Bookouture via NetGalley and this review is my own unbiased opinion.
Travel consultant Shelley has basically shut herself away since her husband, Greg, left. But then Lara and her husband move in next door - Lara is pregnant and no longer working as a lawyer so is looking for company. Inspired by a Marie Kondo-type book, she offers to help clear out Shelley's spare room where she has stored Greg's belongings. Amid the decluttering, the pair find that their unexpected bond is therapeutic.
This is a story about isolation and loss, hope and friendship as the two women share and heal from their heartaches. The women's stories will resonate with many and it makes for a highly emotional story. The downside: Although the author worked to conceal some of the past events and connections, the truth was too easily guessed.
First, I want to thank Emma Robinson, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Emma Robinson did it again in The Forgotten Wife and touched my heart so deeply that I couldn’t stop ugly crying out of compassion to what these characters were going through. This is one of the reasons that I love her writing so much. She writes from the heart and has passion for her characters she writes.

Immediately, I totally fell head over heals in love with this cover! Not only was it beautiful the meaning was perfect for this book. I am a huge fan of butterflies as they have multiple meanings to me personally. So, when I saw this and who wrote the book I knew this was a must read book and I was right.

Emma wrote about some extremely important yet difficult topics in this book that were emotional in nature. Some were hard for me to read as I had total compassion for the characters. However, at the same time I couldn’t imagine how hard it must have been for Emma to write this story. This book, the characters, and storylines seemed very close to her heart as she wrote everything so passionately. Not only did I want to hug the characters but Emma as well. If I was crying, I can’t imagine how she was holding up writing some of the scenes.

I did have a huge laugh. This is no joke. One of my favorite boy bands just like Shelley’s is NSYNC. I was working out listening to a song on the Celebrity album while reading that part of the book
I loved and appreciated the bond between the two-woman Lara and Shelley and the similarities they later they found out they had. Each lady helped eachother grow and heal as the story went on. It was a beautiful friendship that they had.

Emma gave her readers a few life lessons to think about in The Forgotten Wife.
A heart wrenching book dealing with loss and the  lack of hope for a better future.  Cutting herself off from all but work, Shelley has lost herself in her tragic past.  Her new neighbour, Lara seems to be able to break through her shell, but has her own past to deal with.  The two women form a friendship and help each other to heal.
I enjoyed this book however it was not quite the story I expected from the title or cover. I found the story to be heart-wrenching at times as it deals with very real emotional events and gave the feeling of an emotional roller-coaster at times.

The main characters, Shelley and Lara, became very real quite quickly inside my head and the author gives clues that there are secrets hidden below the surface. As they become friends it is clear each one is shielding themselves from secrets of the past that they are not ready to share.

The author cleverly hints but never gives too much away throughout the book keeping the reader on edge, hoping the next chapter will bring answers. The author also writes about real issues in an lovely sensitive manner which makes this a beautifully written story of real people and real fears. Be prepared for all emotions, happy, sad, tears and laughs. It is a strong story of friendship and support.

I highly recommend this book and the author, Emma Robinson, and look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

This review is published today as part of the Bookouture Anonymous! book blog tour.

My sincere thanks to BOOKOUTURE and NETGALLEY for the opportunity to read and review ‘THE FORGOTTEN WIFE’ by EMMA ROBINSON prior to publication date.

All opinions are my own and not biased in anyway.  All my reviews can be found on my blog momobookdiary.com