A Country Dilemma

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Mar 2020

This is the third in a series, but I can honestly say that it can be read as a standalone. You are able to catch up with the backstories of the principal characters and quickly get a feel for the dynamics within the village of Treweham. You follow the lives of several couples and are also introduced to two newcomers to the village, Christie and Daniel.

This is an ideal escapist read. The author has said that she writes romance with a bit of 'spice' so if that is your preference, you will be delighted! However, the 'spice' doesn't detract from the romance and there is a lovely heartwarming feel to the story. Several of the pairings find that they have challenges to overcome but they all share an honest attitude towards life and are family minded. The beautiful countryside of the Cotswolds is celebrated in the book through the portrayal of the estate and village itself.

Thanks to the author for a copy of the book
Fans of Veronica Henry and Fiona Walker who haven’t yet discovered Sasha Morgan’s delightful, uplifting and feel-good rural romps set in the charming village of Treweham are missing out on a treat. Packed with scandal, secrets and shenanigans, the latest stand-alone instalment of this fabulous series, A Country Dilemma, is an immensely enjoyable tale readers are just going to lap up.

Christie Newbury thought that all her Christmases had come at once when she had met a wonderful man called Stephen in a pub. The gorgeous rugby player was attractive, charming and gregarious and was the kind of man you simply couldn’t help but fall in love with. When their feelings for one another had intensified and deepened, Christie had been over the moon when Stephen had proposed and the two of them had looked forward to a lifetime of marital bliss, but sadly fate – and her husband’s wandering eye – had other ideas in store for them. Not only had Stephen been cheating on her, but he had also impregnated his latest squeeze leaving a heartbroken Christie, who had wanted a family more than anything else in the world, devastated and alone. Christie and Stephen had signed on the dotted line to buy The Templar, an inn in the gorgeous Cotswolds town of Treweham and although Christie had dreamed of running the business with her husband, having given up on one long-held dream, she is certainly not about to give up on another. Moving to Treweham, Christie hopes for a new beginning in Treweham. She certainly never expected to fall in love again, but then again, she hadn’t counted on meeting sexy single architect Daniel James…

Daniel has less than a month to find the perfect home and having searched far and wide, his search has so far proved groundless. Daniel has a very difficult task ahead and he certainly does not want or need any distractions – until he walks into the Templar and meets Christie Newbury. Beautiful, pretty and intelligent, Christie awakens feelings in Daniel he had thought long-buried. In need of an expert eye, Christie soon offers a helping hand thanks to her penchant for interior design and when Daniel needs a place to stay, The Templar proves to be absolutely ideal. Theirs was only meant to be a purely professional arrangement – until things begin to get very personal between the two of them.

Will Cupid’s arrow end up striking again in Treweham? Or will Christie and Daniel keep their relationship strictly business?

A Country Dilemma is a brilliant page-turner readers simply will not be able to stop reading. Romantic, funny, poignant, dramatic and emotional, A Country Dilemma is a book that will make readers laugh and cry and keep them hooked throughout.

A fabulous read that is simply irresistible, A Country Dilemma is another winner by Sasha Morgan.
I love the cover for this book and thought that it was a really enjoyable story!

I thought that the story was very well written and has some really developed characters, I warmed to the main characters from the start and at times I just wanted to give them big hugs!

I thought that the book was set at a great pace for the story itself and the author has a brilliant writing style that worked really well with this book. It was a lovely story to be able to relax with and it was a great way to help me relax and to drift away with the story.

I tend to save books like this for when I have had a busy and hectic day as they are an instant tonic for me and certainly do “pick me up” – this was a great one for that and I loved being able to escape with the characters and immerse myself in their lives.

It is 4 stars from me for this one, I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really great story – highly recommended!
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

The moment Christie’s eyes met Stephen Newbury’s, the attraction was instant. Across a hectic, rowdy pub packed to the rafters with rugby players and hen parties, they homed in on each other like radars. When their gazes locked, time stood still. Stephen’s pint glass hovered mid-drink, whilst Christie halted, her conversation abruptly stopped. An urge between the two pulled like a magnetic force, bringing them together in the thick of the crowds.

Being dead didn’t make you a saint.

My Review:

I am mourning the end of this series as I have reveled in Ms. Morgan’s active, quickly paced, and snappy storylines as well as her delectable hits of spice and amusing humor.  This installment was more angsty and tautly wound than the first two as several of the main characters were dealing with difficult issues and major transitions, and floundering a bit with uncertainty.  The issues were significant and relevant and the engaging storylines were well-paced, thoughtfully crafted, and insightfully and observantly detailed.  I adored these endearing characters and am reluctant to bid them farewell.

In addition to providing me with top-notch reading entertainment, Ms. Morgan has been a prolific source for my Brit Words and Phrases List with yet three more additions: Scouser – a native of Liverpool; barm cakes – a soft, round, and somewhat flat bread roll which are often sold in fish and chip shops; and under the cosh – in a difficult situation.
I loved this book!
Sometimes you just need to read a feel good novel and this is it!

The characters were relatable and the scenery was beyond charming.

I highly recommend this book!
Unfortunately this book was not right for me. I really struggled with the way that the women were treated in the book - from laughing at their appearance to not being allowed to hug someone of the other sex without it apparently meaning that they're obviously having an affair. I found this issues to affect my reading and thus I was unable to finish the book and would be hard pressed to recommend others to read it.
A delightful read, I didn't realise it was part of a series, but I don’t think it matters really as I enjoyed it as a standalone novel. This is a lovely, light-hearted read – perfect for those cosy Sunday afternoons when you want something fun to read.
Christie and her husband decide to relocate to Trewham in the heart of the Cotswolds. They are going to buy the village pub, The Templar when, at the last minute, her husband reveals he no longer is interested Christie decides to go for it alone.
Daniel is looking for somewhere to bring up his little girl Emily, being in a custody battle with his ex-wife he wants a place to settle down and show the judge he is the better parent.
Christie and Daniel become great friends; she uses his design skills when renovating The Templar.
This book gives us one of those lovely village romance books that are a little predictable but enjoyable anyway. We have a lovely set of characters in a charming setting with romance in the air.
It is well written and very easy to read, with likeable characters which I think really draw you into the story.
I didn't know that this was part of a trilogy and now that i've finished it I'm honestly so excited I get to go back and read more from these characters. I love slow burning romances, attraction that is palpable but is put on the back burner because of some kind of conflict. A Country Dilemma delivered on all of my mushy requirements and had a set of strong. complex and authentic characters that I fell in love with. A really cosy read and I can't wait to dive in and go back to the beginnng of this series!
I’ve enjoyed the first two books in this series, and ‘A Country Dilemma’, is a fitting ending to the trilogy. In many ways, this is my favourite book, perhaps because I am familiar with many of the characters, yet still, get to enjoy a new story, with new characters too. The story is standalone, and you are given the necessary backstory to enjoy it, but it’s such a good series, for those who like country life, with all its peculiarities. Treat yourself, and read all three books.

The main focus of this story is Christie the new owner of The Templar, and Daniel, a soon to be a single dad who wants a good place to bring up his daughter. The attraction is instant, but the conflicts are many, and there are much angst and a veritable roller-coaster of emotions before the resolution.

The style of this story is a fusion of romance and bonkbuster romance. The romance is sensual, rather than gentle, but it fits with the contemporary storyline, and works well, especially for those, like me, who enjoy Zara Stonely, Fiona Walker and Jilly Cooper books.

Believable, complex characters, who fit the setting, without becoming stereotypical. A picturesque, recognisable, rural setting. Coupled with a simple, but effective plot, make this an enjoyable, escapist read, written in an easy to read style full of visual imagery.

I received a copy of this book from Aria Fiction via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
Immerse Yourself In Village Life....
Immerse yourself in village life with a return to Treweham. An easy going, enjoyable read with likeable characters in a chocolate box setting. This is part of a series but could happily be read as a stand-alone. Ideal escapism.
To begin with I was dismayed to realise that this was second in a series, but it didn't take long for me to realise that, in amongst my 200 plus books read each year, I had already enjoyed the first!

With new owners of The Templar moving into the village, some changes are afoot but things don't always go to plan. Christie Newbury isn't the only newcomer and it's not long before we're wrapped up in both their lives as well as catching up with the original characters.

This is a lovely second novel! I quickly remembered what went on in book one, recalling each character as they made an appearance and revelling in the lives of the 'newbies'. The author really does justice to the Cotswolds and there are lots of practical details of every life. My only criticism would be that, although I'm not prudish in any way, I found the graphic sexual descriptions to be unnecessary. Personally, I prefer it when romance is the main focus and not the nitty-gritty details which we all know anyway and don't need them laid out on the page for us. However, apart from that this is an excellent read which I'm happy to recommend and give four stars.

My thanks to the publisher for my copy via NetGalley and especially to Vicky Joss for my spot on this tour; this is - as always - my honest, original and unbiased review.
Set in Trewenham the setting is idyllic. The history of the characters if turbulent but that is a previous story. Right now we have the heir to the Castle being the apple of his parents eyes, then we have a fairytale wedding of Matt and Finula, we have the sad breakup of Christie and her husband almost on the eve of their setting up a new home and then devastating news of Sebastian's illness and how to cope with it, then Daniel facing his marriage breaking up and fighting a desperate custody battle for his little girl Emily.

These are the stories which form the backdrop of this book and each one is dealt with in a way which is very pleasant to read.

It is a light hearted read, though the subjects of child custody, divorce, multiple sclerosis are not happy subjects. All dealt with very well.

I enjoyed the story telling in this novel.
This was a very cute, light hearted- somewhat- read. It switched between 4 or so perspectives- which is one thing I didn’t really like about it. It was easy to follow, I just felt like I was reading a bunch of different books with a bunch of different story lines. It was a bit of a slow read- despite the very short chapters. I felt as if things were over explained, and a lot of unnecessary things were used as fillers. There was a lot of tragedy, yet things still worked out for the best. Overall, it’s a cute little read that will leave you with a smile on your face.
I always love the books with a sweet neighborhood and different characters to understand the community relation; so, if you are looking for a romance book with a beautiful landscape this is your book.
I’ll advise you from the beginning that this book is crowded with characters, there are a lot! So, maybe it’s a little bit difficult to follow the story in the beginning, but this makes the book more different and original, because all of the characters are connected with Megan and Tobias and they all will share their little part in the story to make it more real and original.
When Megan and Tobias inherited the Treweham Hall they didn’t expect that their lives would change so much, they are surrounded by family and new friends full of secrets, lies, romance and chemistry that will make them fall in the Treweham Hall net and don’t want to leave again!
I was surprised with how the story is told, so many characters! But it works, they all have their little piece on the story, because even if there are two main characters the other ones are interesting too! I thought sometimes that all the characters felt too perfect, but sometimes that’s what you are looking for in a book, how couples after their “fights” they have a happy ever after, with no worries and problems.
This is the first book I’ve read by Sasha Morgan but I can assure you it will not be the last one! 😉
Ready to enter to “A Country Scandal”?
This is the first book of Sasha Morgan's which I have read and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realise it was part of a series and did enjoy this as a standalone novel. I will now read the other books in the series.

An easy read with a likeable cast of characters set in a lovely village setting. This is a fun, lighthearted read, perfect for a holiday book or a Sunday afternoon.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review
Oh, I really wish I'd read the first two books in the series, as I think I would have enjoyed this one even more. However, the author did a sterling job of filling the reader in.

Lots of characters. Had trouble keeping them all straight - possibly because they'd been introduced and developed in the previous books.

All in all, a lighthearted read and with enough romance to keep me happy.
I struggled with the 1st  half of this book slow burner for me but i kept going and it was ok but i wasn't fussed on the characters.
I loved the first 2 novels from the series and it was great to be back at Treweham Hall.

I liked how some of the characters' backstory was revisited as it has been awhile since book 2 and I needed to refresh my memory.

A Country Dilemma is full of Sasha Morgan's signature style, love of the Cotswolds and a laid-back life that characters often dream of but don't always get.

I was sad when Dermot decided to sell up, happy for his daughter's wedding and hopeful then sympathetic for the new owner.

Sasha Morgan creates a real sense of community with individual characters: some are quirky, some are serious and some are fun while others are vulnerable.

A Country Dilemma is a quick paced novel and I wanted to know what would happen. Predictable in parts but with well-placed cliffhangers, I was entertained til the end.

Thanks to Sasha Morgan and Aria for my ARC in exchange for an honest and voluntary review.

3.5 stars
I have read and loved Sasha's previous two books and I couldn't wait to get hold of a copy of her latest novel.  Well ladies and gents the wait is over because Sasha's latest novel called 'A Country Dilemma' was released today (20th February 2020).  It's another cracking read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single minute of it, but more about that in a bit.
This book came along at the right time for me.  I was feeling a little low and in need of a light hearted read that would distract me from my own problems.  'A Country Dilemma' certainly ticked both boxes.  It didn't take me long at all to immerse myself in the story.  As soon as I started to read, I knew that this was going to be one heck of a read and I was spot on.  I immersed myself in the story so much that I forgot all about my problems.  I couldn't read the book over the course of a single day but I did manage to read the book over the course of a few days.  It was easy to remember at which stage I was at with the story and I didn't have to reread parts.  (Quite often if I have to put the book down for any length of time then I have to reread the previous two pages to remind myself what was happening).  'A Country Dilemma' was a fun and light hearted read.
'A Country Dilemma' is well written but then I find Sasha's books to be well written.  She has a writing style that is easy to get used to and easy to get along with.  She draws you into the story by creating likeable characters, setting the story in an idyllic sounding setting and giving her characters believable storylines.  I was addicted to this story from the first page onwards.  Sasha writes so convincingly and realistically that I really did feel as though I was part of the story and that I lived in Treweham myself.  I even began comparing the residents of Treweham to the residents of the village where I live.  Sasha has perfectly captured village life.
In short, I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'A Country Dilemma' and I would recommend it to other readers.  I look forward to reading more of Sasha's work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 4* out of 5*.
This really wasn’t one for me, I just found it fell a bit flat , the characters, the story it just felt one dimensional and superficial, I like superficial generally, but just couldn’t connect with this one.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion