Cover Image: Once in a Black Moon

Once in a Black Moon

I am not a huge fan of romance novels although I do like books with time travel.

This book didn't capture my interest.  I found the main character trite and the plot fairly predictable.

I received an advance copy of this book. I am leaving my honest opinion.
Oh! How I loved this story!

This is the first time that I read a book by D.Lieber and it won't be my last one. I really loved 'Once in a Black Moon' starring Erin Nichols a Chicago journalist. This is a time travel suspense which takes her heroine from present time to 1900 in Alberta, Canada. The French translation of some words was perfect. I mention this detail, because it is not always the case. I love time travel story, and this one didn't disappointed me! The hero is named Wynn 'Delaforet', which means in French 'From the Forest' as he is a Canadian Mountie. So cute! If you like paranormal suspense with fae and magic, then this book is for you!

Present day - Erin's story starts as she is about to embark on a train and is suddenly pushed by someone! She awakes in the arms of a cute Canadian Mountie in Alberta, Canada but in the 1900. Together they embark on an amazing journey of twists and turns. Erin starts to have feelings and desires she never knew she was capable of! She soon begins to wonder where she truly belongs, the past or future!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from her publisher and NetGalley! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This book started out well, the time travel was entertaining, and the premise was excellent but somewhere along the way it just got messy. The introduction of Mitica ruined an otherwise fun read. The story didn't flow after that and I began to lose interest. This had all the right elements, but it was poorly executed.  I would give this a miss.

I received an arc of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This was a very nice time travel romance, the story was engaging with well written and likable characters!!
The book was captivating. The lush setting, the atmospheric writing, the romance, and time travel elements all made the story so enjoyable and hard to put down. I loved this. If you love fantasy and romance, you will love this. Go pick it up now!
True love and soulmates, just enough in plot twists to keep you engaged without being confused and a variety of personalities that make for believable characters! Absolutely loved it!
While the book was fast-paced, and I like that, it revolved too much around sexy feelings and a love triangle. It's a shame, for romance can be so much more than that, especially when combined with fantasy!
This book takes the reader on quite a journey. The story starts in 2016 with a young woman who is a journalist. She is someone who is passionate about her story, and will fight to get it published. This same desire is one that causes an accident to happen. She then wakes up in the 1900s and she is in Canada. She was rescued by a Canadian Mounty. The journey that she goes on with the mounty is one of adventure, crime, romance and mystic.

When she meets the Romanian Mystic, who actually saved her, that is when the mystery gets confusing for Erin. She is balancing both worlds - 2016 and 1900 - and she is balancing two people who are trying to help her.

Sometimes it was difficult to keep track of who all of the people were in the story, because there was a significant amount of inter-weaving, but the character development was on point and that helped a lot with following the storyline.

I appreciated the social issues that were brought up in this book from 1900 - that were seen as cultural norms, and Erin (the young woman in the book) had some thoughts about those traditions. One such was the length of her hair - which she cut shorter and people in town had things to say about it.

I felt like this book had something for every type of reader. I especially enjoyed the moments where they were trying to solve the crime and there was an element of mystery.
My Rating: 1.5/5 Stars

I really liked the concept and I adored the character of Wynn but unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to finish this book as found the protagonist to be irritating, I felt that nothing really happened in the chapters that I read and some of the dialogue and the protagonists' thoughts were making a joke out a few very serious topics and it made me feel a bit uneasy.
Erin, a young journalist in Chicago in 2016 is about to uncover a scandal involving the mayor is pushed in front of an incoming train. Instead of dying she awakens in a Canadian Mounty barracks in Alberta, Canada and has time travelled back to 1900. She encounters magic, fae  and a dragon. There is also treachery and murder at the nearby Native American reservation and some strange goings on at a local hotel. She and a handsome Canadian Mounty, Wynn, work together to uncover what is going on and in the meantime, love is afoot. I liked this story but I thought the dialogue was a little unnatural. There were some twists that were unnecessary but overall it was an interesting premise for a story. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me an ARC In exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
I really enjoyed this book.I was looking for some thing different,and this certainly fitted that category.I loved the author's imagination and the story was interesting with likable characters.The pace of the book was good,and it was a great read.Thanks to the Publisher and Netgalley for an ARC.