Three Perfect Liars

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

I quite enjoy office-based thrillers so I was enticed by the description of this one.

I liked the way the book was written with three different characters' viewpoints, both past and present, interspersed with interviews by the detective leading the investigation. I found that I liked Janie's narration the most and could fully empathise with why she felt the way she did. Laura and Mia's motivations I found a little harder to understand, but Nate was a lovely character and I wish Laura had appreciated him a bit more!

I did find the book a bit slow to begin with as a lot of the drama did seem to be a bit petty but by the half-way point i was gripped and really interested in who started the fire and why. There was nothing overly shocking about the conclusion but I was satisfied by it.
Really enjoyed this book - what were they lying about?, who set fire to the office  and who died?
Twists and turns along the way with the most surprising outcome
I really enjoyed the non linear timeline of this book, moving back and forth between the night of a devastating fire and going back 2 months previously working toward that night.

The pacing of the storyline was excellent and I was intrigued by all three of the lead characters' motives and their connections to the crime and each other kept me guessing to the end. The ending was poignant and I appreciated that it didn't go as I expected once the reveals had been completed.

A good book and definite recommendation for 2020.
I found this story to be very gripping and was eager to read on. The characters were very real and flawed and the story moved well. I was kept guessing till the end with a final twist that was believable.
Absolutely fantastic read - a real gripping page turner. I will definitely be seeking out more by this author - cannot recommend more highly.
Another fascinating well written tale by Heidi Perks - she never disappoints!
We start with a building burning down and the perpetrator watching from the sidelines, unaware that the building had not been empty. The story then follows the format of interviews with the staff of Morris & Wood and three main female suspects. Between the interviews and flashbacks to the recent past the story unfolds. Each of the main suspects are well drawn - they are all strong women in their own way with history that leads them to the arson. The story maintains good pace and as we have come to expect a twist or two in the tail.
Many thanks to Netgalley/Heidi Perks/Random House UK for a digital copy of this title. All opinions expressed are my own.
I enjoyed reading Three Perfect Liars.  After a fire at the offices of an advertising agency various people come under suspicion.  There was plenty of suspense in the plot and in the backgrounds and possible motives of the characters that kept me interested throughout.  I initially found the characters a bit flat, especially Laura who I found it really hard to connect with.  I found Mia much more intriguing.   It was towards the end with a few twists and finding out what brought the three women (Mia, Laura and Janie) together that I became really engrossed in the story.  I felt that this backstory was more interesting and powerful than the main plot of the novel and the characters started to become much more interesting.

But overall I'd recommend Three Perfect Liars as an enjoyable psychological thriller.
I would firstly like to thank Netgalley and the publishers for allowing me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

With a slower pace than I'm normally used it to, it took me a while to get through it - but it was still enjoyable.
The plot slowly unravelled, told in the perspectives of all 3 women, gradually revealing why each one could of started the fire, while raising some very valid points about maternity leave and workplace dynamics. Each woman had a very believable reason for being the one responsible, and I found myself constantly guessing throughout.
However, for me, the characters, both the women and men, could of been a tad better developed and more likeable, and the reveal was honestly a little predictable, and not particularly shocking.
Overall, worth a read but not this author's best.
I enjoyed this book although I did feel it was a bit of a slow burner  All in all a good read which I would recommend.  Liked the characters & well written.
Three Perfect Liars is a fun blend between office drama and psychological suspense while featuring a refreshing cast of female characters.

The offices of Morris and Woods have burned down. Our three protagonists, of course, are the main suspects, and so we follow their point of views throughout the story. Who among these women had motive to set the fire?

Meanwhile, the book works on unraveling the mystery behind the situation regarding Laura's boss' sudden decision to permanently replace her upon her return from her maternity leave . Gossip, friendships and family drama are the main focus of this book, and you might be disappointed if you're expecting a big reveal (as I myself thought the ending had somewhat of a weak pulse). However, I did enjoy learning about these women and how their secrets kept me guessing who among them started the fire.
I really enjoyed this book!  A great story line that kept me hooked and excellent main characters.  I would highly recommend this book.
Enjoyed this one.
A well written, pacy thriller which drip feeds its twists just slowly enough to keep the reader guessing.
Read it over two days and struggled to put it down.
Many thanks.
An interesting if slow read about the complex interconnections of the lives of three women. The flashbacks along with the police interviews in the present made an unusual narrative, and I wish the book had carried on this way somehow. A certain suspension of disbelief is required in terms of the what (and who) tied the women together, though.

(Review copy from NetGalley)
A fire, a body and three women with motives !! What more could you want from a twisty whodunnit.

Two months before the fire is where the story begins and we are soon finding out about the three main suspects.

Laura has just returned to work, after maternity leave, to find the temp that covered her work is now permanent.  Not only that but the temp has taken over Laura’s biggest client and seems to be loved by all the office staff.  Laura does not take the news well and is convinced that the new member of staff is out to get her.

Next up is Mia, the temp that covered Laura’s maternity leave.  She is happy in her new job and gets on with everyone in the office (except Laura) but is there another reason why Mia wanted Laura’s job ?

Lastly there is Janie, who is married to the CEO and owner of the office block.  Janie is now a stay at home Mum but before they moved from London she was a successful defence lawyer.  Janie is not happy but is just that Harry doesn’t spend enough time at home or is there more going on ?

The story is told from all three women’s perspective as well as by police interviews with various members of staff.  Who is dead and who started the fire ?  This is a great whodunnit and you will be changing you mind right until the end as to who you think started the fire and why.  If you love to be kept guessing you will love this book !!

Thank you to Random House UK, Cornerstone and NetGalley for a digital copy of this book.
I'm a big fan of Heidi Perks so I knew this book wouldn't disappoint. Admittedly it took me a while to get into the book, the big business setting put me off a little but I persevered and I'm so glad I did. It's a slow burner but an interesting one that really lets you see into the heads of the characters.
A good, easy, thrilling read. I like the slow reveal of the connection between the three women, definitely kept me gripped.
I loved this book, about three women, who it would appear have nothing in common apart from two working at the same firm and the third being the owner’s wife. The book starts with the offices burning down and police interviews, trying to find out which of the women had a good enough reason to start the fire. Gradually we learn more about each woman and their background, and how they might each have a motive. I enjoyed getting to know each character and felt great empathy for each of them.
I thoroughly recommend this book.
I've enjoyed the previous novels from Heidi Perks, the twists of Now You See Her and the intrigue of Come Back For Me, and the new release cleverly combines the two. The story starts at the end, with a boutique office building on fire and three women watching it unfold. Was it an accident or something more sinister?

We then jump back, not all the way to the beginning, but near to the fire. We first meet Laura, who is going back to work after the birth of her first child. Her circumstances and emotions will ring true with many readers, you can't help but empathise with her career vs mum guilt. We then meet Mia and Janie, who have their own stories, and secrets.

Whilst the story unfolds at a pace, the answers are revealed slowly, and sometimes unexpectedly. As with Heidi Perks' other novels, you are very unlikely to be able to predict everything and that's part of the enjoyment.

As a working mum, the situations in the book are very familiar and that added to the intrigue. I've certainly looked at some of my colleagues in a different light since finishing it!
The story fluctuates between the police enquires after the fire and the months, weeks and days that lead up to the action. This is done seamlessly and doesn’t detract from the storyline. The three main characters of Laura, Mia and Jane, all very different but all have their problems. I don’t want to give anything away but suffice to say their stories gradually unfold as some of their secrets are revealed. I must say I hadn’t worked out who was responsible as there were a number of possibilities. This was a real page turner and will keep you guessing until the end. I received a copy and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Really enjoyed this book. I wouldn't say it's fat paced, but that's not bad thing in this case. You get time to get to know (or think you know!) the characters, and they are all believable with their strengths and their flaws. Loved the air of mystery throughout re the fire and Miles Morgan. And often books like this fail to deliver on the ending, but this one all tied together really. Will read more by this author for sure.