Cover Image: Waiting for Lindsay

Waiting for Lindsay

I love Moira's writing! She does a wonderful job of exploring human relationships, particularly within families, and making them feel real.
I loved this book. It’s a beautifully written book about the dynamics and stresses of family and how a missing sibling had shaped the lives of all of the family over the years and not talking about an event which is just too sad to think about has actually fractured each of them in many different ways. When the child of one of the family turns up, running away from some secret he does not want to discuss the family’s lives are turned upside down and secrets and lies finally come to the surface. This is a great read.
This was my first book by Moira Forsyth and I'll definitely go and look up her others. At the heart of the book is Lindsay Mathieson, a thirteen year old girl who goes missing when everyone is playing on the beach. All her brother and cousins can say is she walked up the beach, went round the rocks and disappeared...

The story jumps from the past to the present (30 years later) and we find out how the others have coped with her disappearance . On the main they have pretty much kept in touch with each other and I found myself engrossed in their stories and lives.

A great read which I really recommend.
I really enjoyed this story. It’s set within a family of brothers, sisters and cousins. Tragedy struck when they were children and they’ve remained close ever since.

I loved the characters. I found them all relatable and realistic, even when I didn’t like them. I think Rob was my favourite- the author seemed to capture him perfectly.

We weave backwards and forwards in time, with the different characters taking charge of chapters and speaking in their voice. The book is well paced and very well written. Not a dull moment! Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for my copy of this book.