Cover Image: How to Marry Your Husband

How to Marry Your Husband

Jacqueline Rohen author of "How to Marry Your Husband" has written an entertaining and witty novel. The genres for this novel are Fiction, Women's Fiction, and Domestic Fiction. The timeline for this story is in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the events or characters. The author describes her characters as quirky, dysfunctional, complex, and complicated. This is a witty story with secrets and betrayals that have a major effect on the characters. In this story, both Rachel and David have certain interpretations of the events and share them as alternating narrators.

On Rachel's anniversary, the last thing she expects to see is her husband David kissing a beautiful and young woman. She notices that they take off together and is convinced that her marriage is over. How is she going to go through the weekend of anniversary celebrations? After the weekend, on the advice of her friend and employee, she contacts a divorce lawyer, who mentions upon investigation, that the proper forms were never filled out years ago when they got married, so she and her husband aren't legally married. Now how can you divorce your husband if he isn't legally your husband? Rachel decides that she will make him fall in love with her again, and get married, so she can divorce him.

This leads to some entertaining shenanigans and planning, which leads to some dramatic and complicated adventures. I appreciate that the author also brings other characters' relationships into the story as well. This is a light and entertaining read which I recommend.
Imagine its approaching your anniversary weekend, you’ve been married for 15 years and you have a weekend of celebrations to look forward to, that is until you spot your husband kissing a woman half his age in the middle of the street. Thats’s exactly what happened to Rachel and to top things off she finds out she’s not legally married.

After reading the first few pages of this book I was totally hooked, oh boy did I feel for Rachel and I zoomed through this book desperate to find out how things would pan out.

Told from both Rachel and David’s point of view, How to Marry your Husband is a cracker of a story and I found myself laughing out loud a lot, sometimes cringing and emotional at other times but for a lot of the book I felt so frustrated, I just wanted to bang their heads together and tell them to talk, just communicate.

I loved Rachel, she’s a great character and I couldn’t help feeling totally invested in this story. You get a sense straight away of the type of person Rachel is and she’s so easy to like, you instantly want what’s best for her.

Like I said previously I zoomed through this book, it’s written wonderfully and is easy to get totally lost in and forget everything that’s going on round about you. It certainly helped me forget about what’s happening in the world for a few hours.

How to Marry your Husband is a story that really pulls you in, it absorbs you and doesn’t let go until the very last page. It’s a fantastic debut and one I will be highly recommending
Rachel is on the way to pick up a cake as it is her wedding anniversary. While she is doing this she sees her husband David kissing another women. Rachel sets a plan in motion to get her revenge, while she is doing this she also discovers that her marriage isn’t official by law.

I thought the book would about Rachel get even but it was more about how the characters felt and I thought it was very slow to build up to the story and then the story ended too quickly.

Rachel is main our POV but do you get David’s POV occasionally in the book.

Overall this book is about relationships and how we either make them work or move on.

I received a ARC from Netgalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for an objection review.
Honestly I was really excited about this book because it sounds interesting, fun with a slightly  dark and vengeful side of taking revenge. But when I actually started reading, I was slowly losing interest and what I find was a boring story instead. I really wanted to enjoy this book but I really couldn't.

I feel like the synopsis was a bit misleading since the story focuses more on their inner thoughts and monologues without actually having any action happening along the way. It only took a few pages instead of coursing throughout the entire story which is really anticlimactic.

This book was also about forgiveness and realising the deep love that one feels within. Relationships are hard work and you must really commit in order to come out with a successful one with both parties that are equally happy and satisfaction. Love is a rollercoaster ride, one moment you're at its peak and later you're at the bottom but all in all, it is always going to be an eventful ride of a lifetime.
I loved this book & couldn't put it down! I was given it as an ARC by Netgalley this morning in exchange for my honest review & was sucked straight into the tumultuous relationship between Rachel & David, they felt like two friends whom you'd known for a long time. Sad in places, laugh out loud in others & I found myself wanting to knock some sense into both of them in places. Definitely a 5 star read rating from me!
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

I really like the idea behind this book and I think the beginning is perfect.

I was hooked from the start and was really curious about finding out what Rachel is going to do. It was fab to see all her thoughts and how she managed the sitation of an anniversary party and other things. Keeping up the act after seeing your husband kiss another woman is not easy.

Then she wants out that their marriage wasn’t legal, it’s time to break his heart. She did a lot to make his life hard and that wasn’t easy to see, I even felt sorry for David.

The great thing about this book: David got to share his perspective as well. Sometimes in bewteen some chapters were dedicated to him and we got to read everything from his point of view. That was really interesting and actually explained what really happened with this woman.

I really enjoyed this book, the storyline is very exciting, funny and full of ups and downs. At times I felt it dragged a little bit and I wanted the story to move forward too quickly. The book is full of emotions and I think the authors captured them really well.
I didn’t really like the way it was all resolved, I kind of expected more there, but I still liked this story very much, also the ending.

A great story that will keep you hooked!