Cover Image: Chasing Dragonflies

Chasing Dragonflies

A wonderful book about dragonflies. The author tells her story, about why she loves dragonflies and how they help her in her daily life. The book has personal elements but also some scientific elements and there are helpful tips on how to spot them yourself. The artwork is absolutely stunning and definetely my favourite part of the book! There's also a helpful list of resources in the back in case you want to know more. Recommended for dragon- & damselfly lovers!
What an amazing book! I have been in love with dragonflies and damselflies since I was 5! I never realized just how much is still unknown about all the various dragonflies and damselflies. Cindy Crosby's book is such a work of passion. You know she is really into these creatures and studies them so we all can learn about them. I had no idea there were so many varieties. And learning about their habits (some migrate!) is so interesting. I will be looking out for them next time I go hiking by our local ponds. I think I may need to pay more attention to them to see if ever I can learn to tell them all apart. Great book. Very readable and conversational in style.
Insects don’t tend to get a lot of love, with the exception of those who can fly. We love bees, butterflies and of course dragonflies. Despite the old wives tales told about dragonflies sewing up children’s mouths, most of us have been captivated by these delicate jewel like creatures since we were kids. And when we learned that they preyed on mosquitoes, we were sold. Crosby explores the lives of these magical creatures, where they live and how they reproduce and how their behavior and survival is a sign of climate change and the future of our planet. This lovely book is both beautiful and informative and a highly recommended addition to the shelf of nature lovers everywhere
The author talks about her “ongoing love affair with this charismatic insect” and I found her book to be exactly that for me! About 25 years ago, a dragonfly came to me in a guided imagery meditation and has held meaning for me ever since. I recently wrote. Novel called Dragonflies at Night that weaves the spiritual message of the dragonfly throughout a modern love story. Cindy Crosby ‘s book deepened my own knowledge of this fascinating insect. There is so much to learn and so much we can apply to our lives.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I received an arc of this title from NetGalley for an honest review. In the last few years, I have become interested in dragonflies and learning more about them. I loved reading this book written by someone who is so passionate about them. I learned a lot about dragonflies that will help with identifying this spring and summer.
Absolutely fascinating! Sadly, I have never given much thought to dragonflies, mind the time one got trapped in my car on the way to work and I didn't realize it until it was frighteningly whizzing about around my head as I flew down the highway trying not to crash as I rolled down the windows attempting to shoo it free.

Crosby makes learning about dragonflies seem whimsical and enchanting. Her language is lyrical and poetic as she describes the transformations migration these winged creatures endure.