Cover Image: The Buddhist on Death Row

The Buddhist on Death Row

A sincere thank you to the publisher, author and netgalley for providing me with an ebook copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The book led me on my own spiritual journey. Jarvis’ story is remarkable and a testament to his strength and beliefs. I’m struggling to write a review on this book because I believe each person that reads it will go on their own journey. However, I myself, have had problems with my own faith, looking for something to believe in, and this book has given me that. I have learned so many different beliefs, ways of thinking and more importantly gained methods of dealing with my own dark days and that I am immensely grateful for. So thank you Jarvis, namaste.

5 *****
The Buddhist on Death Row is about an American death row prisoner called Jarvis Jay Masters who has turned himself around and become a Buddhist.
I found this such an interesting read and it was an interesting look at how people can change. It is also a reminder of some of the flaws in the judicial system. As a Brit it is shocking as in the UK prison is used as punishment as well as reform.
It is worth a read if you are interested in things like true crime or mindfulness.
This is such an interesting read. It follows the life of a death row inmate and their path to Buddhism. I have never heard of the author before despite this not being his first book. The book is a revelation into the life of crime and the time he is locked up.
I read this book pretty much straight through as it is so well written. I would recommend this book not just to those interested in Buddhism but also looking at what brings someone to prison.
Thank you to Netgalley and HQ for the arc of this book.

This is a 4 star read for me as it was very enjoyable to read and it kept me turning the page for more, this follows Jarvis Jay Masters  whom is a convicted prisoner whose on death row in San Quentin Prison and he ends up finding Buddhism. He's in one of the most horrendous prisons he ends up spreading hope as well as  peace and a bit of happiness in their.  The book was utterly heartbreaking and emotional and  He claims his innocence, the crime was not comitted by him but someone else....
Add a New Post

Preview(opens in a new tab)
Update

Add title
Wow This Book I finished in a night as I was Gripped from the word go, This Book tells the story of Jarvis Jay Masters who has been in prison for over 30 years. If you are interested in the Stories of Death Row & Buddhism I would Highly Recommend This Book.

This book and the stories inside this book will stay with me for a long time .

With Thanks to NetGalley & HQ for ARC of this in exchange of this review.