Cover Image: The Lost and Found Bookshop

The Lost and Found Bookshop

What a lovely book this was great storyline, great characters,  read it in one day as was hooked to it x
For those who love reading and browsing in bookshops this is a must. From the first page you are drawn in and want to keep reading. Natalie has her dreams shattered and has to return home to run the book shop and look after her grandfather who has dementia.  Just when things can't get any worse Peach Gallagher and his daughter enter her life, can they save her and the bookshop? Love is never easy but Natalie suddenly finds two ideal men who are keen just to make things more complicated for her..............
I highly recommend this book to anyone whose ideal afternoon is mooching through a bookshop. It was a compelling read with wonderful characters and a carefully designed plot. A tight group of loveable characters made this an easy read. I found myself reading it before I went to bed and reaching for it the moment I woke up to get in a couple of extra pages before the day began.
It's a funny, heartwarming and poignant story that made me smile and moved me. A compelling and highly entertaining read I couldn't put down.
Excellent storytelling and character development, a tightly knitted plot.
I loved this enjoyable story and it's highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
The Lost and Found Bookshop is a lovely read unsurprisingly I have a soft spot for books about bookshops and booksellers.  The Lost and Found Bookshop is in San Francisco and is owned by Natalies mom and her grandfather.  When Natalie finds herself back in her childhood room in the bookshop can she save the bookshop with the help of Peach (her handyman) and handsome big time author Trevor.  All about following your heart and keeping your family close.  Like a warm hug.
If you get the warm, happy feelings when visiting and reading about old bookstores in historical buildings, you will enjoy this story of love and second chances.

This story holds historical significance, surrounding the one-hundred-year-old “Sun Rise Building” in San Francisco, that survived the 1906 ‘big earthquake.’ The building was lots of businesses before it finally became a bookshop, including a bar and a brothel of sorts..

After Natalie loses her mum and the man she's dating in a plane crash, she's filled with a mixed emotions. Of course she's overcome with grief, but it's mixed with guilt, a sense of responsibility for their deaths, because they were on a plane to visit her when they died. Mother and daughter had a turbulent relationship, and there were many times she felt disappointed by her, but with the tragic and suddenness of her death there was no way to resolve some of the things that were left unsaid.
After their deaths she moves in with Grandfather who needs caring for and Natalie begins to unravel the problems her Mum faced with her Grandfather and the failing bookshop.

The characters were well developed and  I especially loved her Grandy, an elderly man with old values and a kind voice whose story is identified by the onset of dementia, a place where his memory begins to fade leaving old memories of his unresolved questions around his Grandfather and Father who lived in the old building.

While most of the story is about Natalie trying to  to pay off the debt she inherited so she can keep the bookshop and building, we know it’s also a story about people she meets along the way that help her do just that. The characters are good, believable and all carry individuals burdens from the staff, to the customers, and a particular handyman with an unusual name of “Peach” and his seven-year-old daughter, Dorothy. As Peach makes repairs to the old building, he discovers a few hidden artifacts, some considerably valuable and the story continues to develop.

A story of family, love, loss, history, and a touch of romance.

Thank you in advance Netgalley for the advanced copy.
This book is based on only  4 central characters but it is a  fantastic, Co oelling read.
The writing style I excellent and there storyline is full of twists and anticipation of what I as a reader wants to see unfold..
This is the first book I have read by Susan Wiggs  but it won't be the last.
An excellent read.

Many thanks to #NetGalley for the opportunity to read this advance copy in return for an honest review
#ThelostAndFoundBookshop
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the arc, which I have enjoyed reading.
The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs is a delightful book to read and enjoy. Whilst it is at times very sad, other times it is very funny and entertaining. With the grandfather, the storyline talks very movingly of the fog that evades people with dementia and how to care for people suffering from that disease. The storyline also tackles death and how to deal with loss. Then there is the love and laughter and friendship also found in life.
Highly recommended.
I really struggled to get into this book because it felt like it switched back and forth between present and past a lot with no clear indication to the reader as to when/where.
The Lost and Found Bookshop is set in San Francisco and tells to story of Natalie, a successful career woman who’s life suddenly takes a dramatic turn. After the tragic death of her mother, Natalie abandons her job and takes over her mother’s bookshop whilst also looking after her grandfather who is suffering from Alzheimer’s.
I read some great reviews for this book but really struggled to get into it and found it quite predictable. I’m sure fans of Susan Wiggs will enjoy it as it has a feel good ending.
This is more woman fiction less romance book. This is about Natalie finding her way in life. This was a heart warm read. Lovely written. Really enjoyed it.
Thanks to Netgalley for this.
3.5 stars from me
The characters are very well developed and the setting is vividly portrayed with a strong sense of place.  The writing style is assured and engaging.  I have read several of this author’s books and have enjoyed for the reasons I have mentioned.  However, I did not enjoy this as much.  Too many tragedies, death, dementia, debt, deterioration, ....Blame it on the current global situation, but I would prefer an escape into happier times.
Thank you to netgalley, the publisher and the author.
A story about love, grief, hope and lots of books!  It has characters who you come to really love.  The bookstore played a big part in this story and I liked how we learnt about its history.  It has a good storyline although it was predictable.   I especially enjoyed the book quotes at the beginning of the parts and the epilogue where I learnt about what happened to the main characters in the story.

Thank you  to Netgalley and the publisher HarperCollins UK for an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I think Natalie deserves a medal. I just loved her character. So many hard decisions to make, but such a lovely story. I’ve always wanted to own a bookshop and never really thought about the practicalities of doing so. This book has so many wonderful threads running through it from sad losses to life burdens this book covers it all. A really good read for people who love books or just like reading about how challenging life can be.
Many thanks for NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I picked this book up solely on the front cover and summary, I was hoping it would be a griping, light read for late summer. Sadly I didn’t get on well with the story: I found it a very depressing read, with so much sad content that it became quite a struggle to make myself pick it up. I’m not one to give up easily and will plough through as I feel this is the only way to give a book a fair chance, but this one was hard. I can usually read a book in a couple of days but this took over a week and if I’m honest I only finished it then as I needed to get onto my book club read for the month.

There were some emotional moments, some parts that made me smile and some observations that resonated with me. There was romance too, but with so much miserable content it was hard to enjoy those flashes. Maybe in a different place and time I would have seen the lighter sides but on the back end of lockdown, with Covid still rampaging, this was no escape. Some of the story parts were complicated to follow but it did all come together nicely at the end. The writing is good, the author develops the characters well and I love the little bookshop and all the crazy characters in it. Although I wouldn’t want to live in their world, I wouldn’t mind popping along for a book or two, or a coffee and a browse of the Wow shelf. I think I need that shelf to help me out of the book hole I’ve read myself into 😔
I've always enjoyed Susan Wiggs' work, though I haven't read as many of her books as I would like. "The Lost and Found Bookshop" was a delight. I laughed, I gasped, I sniffled - everything you want from a book like this... and there's a bookshop... and BOOKS! It couldn't really go wrong. The characters are very realistic and well-crafted. The story is simple, but oh so enjoyable. I don't need to say anything about the writing - it's Susan Wiggs we're talking about - but it's easy to read and of the high standard fans expect. Buy it, read it, love it!

My thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an advance copy to review. This review is entirely my own, unbiased, opinion.
This is a women's fiction/chick-lit. The main character is Natalie Harper, and this book is about her finding out what she really wants out of life. There is a small amount about her finding romance. I would not read this book looking for a romance book because it is more a women's fiction. The book is well written and true to real life. I feel the characters is really well-developed. I think you will like this book if you are looking for a women's fiction book not a romance. I was kindly provided an e-book of this book by the publisher (William Morrow) or author (Susan Wiggs) via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review about how I feel about this book, and I want to send a big Thank you to them for that.
Natalie’s life is turned upside down when she loses both her mother and boyfriend. She gives up her well paid job to look after her grandfather and her mothers bookshop.
A story about loss and choices.
Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

I love books about bookshops so I know I’d enjoy this.

A charming story about family, hope and books.

Natalie is doing a job which she doesn’t love,

A tragedy strikes and the stable life Natalie had isn’t there anymore. After quitting her job she returns home to San Francisco to take care of her grandfather, and the struggling bookshop, the family business.

Upon returning home, she remembers how much she loves working in the bookshop, also troubling her is the decline of her grandfather’s health.

I loved her grandfather, her (Grandy). Dorothy, was adorable, a young girl charmed by the books and the shop.

Peach (Peter) Dorothy’s father, is the contractor whose helping to repair the bookshop. As the bookshop begins two be physically repaired, so does Natalie‘s heart.  The attraction between Peach and Natalie develops slowly and sweetly throughout the book.

Loved how the bookshop itself played a character in the story. Holding so many memories and secrets within the walls.

📖📚📖

Recommend it.
Absolutely loved this book from Susan Wiggs . I laughed and cried with Natalie and loved every minute reading her and Grandy’s story.
So well written and well enjoyed every page